Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I enjoy doing this alone in my room regularly... and by regularly I mean everyday!

tumblr_muv8gqeVHz1rjlg6ro7_250.gif

I enjoy doing this in rooms full of people. Generally there are pants involved.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    tinapi96 wrote: »
    I sometimes sit on a yoga ball and bounce up and down to get more steps. It's not *really* cheating because it takes quite a bit of movement up and down to get the Fitbit to read it as a step. It's pretty good for the abs and upper legs.

I am in a Fitbit death-match with my 72-year-old father. My confession is that, most weeks, he beats me! It's pretty ridiculous as I am very active. He is retired and has tons of time to go hiking and play around in his peddle kayak. NOT FAIR!

The Yoga Ball -Me too! I have all these crazy rules about it, too. I have to be within 500 steps of my goal and I need to do arm exercises while I do it.

Oh, for 500 steps I just walk back and forth in my apartment, or walk around my building 4 times. The yoga ball is for when I am stuck working at my desk (home office) and can't get up to walk around.
  • Zedeff wrote: »
    My scale is tared to 5 pounds above zero.

It makes me feel better that I get to subtract 5 off the reading.

Similarly, I add 1 to 1.5 lbs to my "recorded" weight compared to what my scale says, and I only log when my weight reaches a new low. It feels good to look at my report and see only consistent losses, and when there aren't losses, I can remind myself that I've been adding a pound each time anyways.

• Ok, I thought I was the only one who did this. I find that it helps me cope with the daily up and down much better (my weight can fluctuate 4 lbs in a day). When you are REALLY only losing a pound to a pound and a half in a week you don't want to get bummed out from misleading daily fluctuations. I'm down 10% of my body weight and have another 10% to go to reach my goal.
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    If there are empty days in my diary, it is not because I forgot to log. It is because I'm not eating responsibly. ;(

Not too long ago I ate a whole personal pepperoni pizza from Target, loved the way it tasted and decided I needed more. So I spent nearly $30 on more pizza, and wings. Got full after the second slice and left the rest to just sit and spoil. I don't remember what happened to the rest of it.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 251 Member
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

At least the socks are clean. For me it's a financial thing. I don't have the money to run out and new whole new wardrobe just for exercising.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,370 Member
    Salt in oatmeal.

That's the normal way to eat it if you're Scottish. Or, at least, that's how my gran made it for me 45+ years ago. And it was called "porridge" in her kitchen, lol.
  • I ate three biscuit cakes in three days, didn't log them, and I'm going to bake at least a week's worth later today. I just can't log a food named biscuit-cake and take myself seriously
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I ate three biscuit cakes in three days, didn't log them, and I'm going to bake at least a week's worth later today. I just can't log a food named biscuit-cake and take myself seriously

What's a biscuit cake? I'm intrigued.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I enjoy doing this alone in my room regularly... and by regularly I mean everyday!

tumblr_muv8gqeVHz1rjlg6ro7_250.gif

I do this, too - all the time. In the middle of the grocery store, Dillards, Target, the library. I'm always randomly singing and dancing. My kids love it :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I'm going out to lunch with my best friend today - Cheesecake Factory. I'm going to eat super fat food and not give a single crap.
  • DeliVibes
    DeliVibes Posts: 67 Member
    I was having a huge chocolate binge and was so disgusted with myself I threw the rest of the chocolate in the bin.
    A few days later I was craving chocolate so bad I took it out of the bin and ate it.

In my defence, the chocolate was in an open wrapper and the bin was shallow and didn't have too much rubbish on top of it.. Who am I kidding it was a totally vile thing to do!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    ythannah wrote: »
    Salt in oatmeal.

That's the normal way to eat it if you're Scottish. Or, at least, that's how my gran made it for me 45+ years ago. And it was called "porridge" in her kitchen, lol.

In our house you either eat oats "sweet or scots" scot's oats being with salt and butter.

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    edited February 2015
    Right after I had my son, a friend of the family commented (drunkenly) that I once looked like a model and now I look like a mom. Not sure if she meant to offend, but I've lost so much weight now that I'm lower than my prepregnancy weight (and I look better because I've been lifting). I've always got that comment in the back of my head, and secretly can't wait until the next event when I see her.

I know she probably won't say anything at all, but part of me is hoping.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    When I've SERIOUSLY gone over my calories for the day (like a monday) I'll finish logging them and complete Mondays entry on Tuesday. That way I get a little bit more time before I have to face what I did.

I never log my coffee creamer.

I weigh everyday because I can't NOT weigh every day.

I take my food scale everywhere. And I use it. Everywhere.

I'm afraid to eat bread. The entire loaf is at risk. Even if I don't like it. I'll eat it. ALL. OF. IT.
  • BlxxdtheFrxxk
    BlxxdtheFrxxk Posts: 29 Member
    I measure out snack foods in measuring cups (I don't have a food scale) and then I eat out of the measuring cup.
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Salt in oatmeal.

In our house you either eat oats "sweet or scots" scot's oats being with salt and butter.
    Yes, that's how I eat it. You make it with water and add salt. Then dip each spoonful in milk. And I call it 'porridge'.

I always do well until the evening, then eat all manner of small things and don't log them... No wonder I'm not losing any weight! :\
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Salt in oatmeal.

Haha, must be my Scottish ancestry! I'll have to tell that to my mother next time she gives me the side-eye for eating it that way :P
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    I ate three biscuit cakes in three days, didn't log them, and I'm going to bake at least a week's worth later today. I just can't log a food named biscuit-cake and take myself seriously

I don't know what a biscuit-cake is but I know that I want one.
  • uptownplum
    uptownplum Posts: 42 Member
    Well, I didn't realize I did this until today, but I sleep in on the weekends and skip bfast on purpose … so my meals go something like lunch, snack, dinner, huge dessert. I love dessert.