Just for Today - month of February. Would you like to join me, as we take this one day at a time.

Options

Replies

• loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone, and Happy Valentines Day!!! <3<3

My goals for today
    1) Stay within calories
    2) No more trouble zones and yoga (no more sway back for this girl)
    3) Make progress (one section) on this working paper that I am way behind on

Enjoy your day!! xx
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    1. Log or keep track of all food. I'm well enough to do this again. :) yep. even the 2 cookies I didn't need.
    2. Take a walk, Short or long, this makes me feel better. :)
    3. Drink water. Keep some on my desk if I start to forget. :) But..I need to drink more

Now, It's Saturday! And I still have to work so I am going to repeat my goals again. Just for today I will.

1. Log or keep track of all food.
    2. Take a walk, Short or long, this makes me feel better.
    3. Drink water. Keep a full glass of water on my desk at all times.

Have a Fun Saturday!

• Just_say_jess
    Just_say_jess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did this for a bit in January and it really helped. Then I stopped and everything seemed to fall apart. There is something about setting specific goals and the publicly sharing theme that just gives me the motivation to actual stick with my plan.

Just for today:
    I am not going to beat myself up over my Girl Scout cookie binge last night. What's done is done and today is a new day. Move on.
    I will push those cookies to the back of the pantry where I don't have to look at them.
    I will pack healthy snacks and meals for my 12 hour shifts tonight and tomorrow night
    I will run for one hour today before work
    I will take a rest today tomorrow and remind myself that my body needs rest and night shifts kick my butt and it is OK,
  • Tiso2
    Tiso2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did this for a bit in January and it really helped. Then I stopped and everything seemed to fall apart. There is something about setting specific goals and the publicly sharing theme that just gives me the motivation to actual stick with my plan.

Just for today:
    I am not going to beat myself up over my Girl Scout cookie binge last night. What's done is done and today is a new day. Move on.
    I will push those cookies to the back of the pantry where I don't have to look at them.
    I will pack healthy snacks and meals for my 12 hour shifts tonight and tomorrow night
    I will run for one hour today before work
    I will take a rest today tomorrow and remind myself that my body needs rest and night shifts kick my butt and it is OK,

• Tiso2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Jess - thank you for your post. Please have a good day & don't give up the good fight
  • shannonlynne67
    shannonlynne67 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So I did not meet my goals I set yesterday. I got involved in a big organizing project in my basement and went too long without eating and then binged. Rookie mistake, right?
    Today I will only set the goal of allowing myself only one after dinner snack. (Hubby and I have a dinner out planned) And I will meet my water goal.
    Sunday, I will regroup and plan my food and workouts for the coming week.
  • Tiso2
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    2/13: Good day under calories despite no cardio & a fast food dinner @ 10:30pm last night :s
    2/14: This will be my 1st weekend with MFP; where the rubber meets the road.
    Today I will strive to stay on course because I'm having a new relationship with food & of course myself <3
    Have a beautiful day, beautiful community!
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love this. Let's see:
    Usually I am not off so
    Just for today:
    Stay at/under 1200 cal
    Treat myself to a movie but not get a tub of buttered popcorn!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 2/13
    1. log every bite :( had a cookie at whole foods that didn't get logged.

Just for Today 2/14
    1. log every bite
    2. get in 30 minutes of exercise
    3. drink 8 glasses of water (so easy during the week, but such a challenge on weekends)

• shellby2
    shellby2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was not such a great day - over calorie goal, didn't get all my water in, but at least got more steps than normal non-gym day.

For today
    1. Log everything i eat
    2. Stay under calorie goal
    3. Exercise bike for 20 min
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

1. Dance for fun! :D:D:D
    2. Get new PCP arrangements taken care of :)
    3. Eat under 100G carbs :| Not totally sure about this...had a tiny bit of champagne which was not measured...probably still under goal.

1. Dance for fun and remember to wear Fitbit! (lost out on likely 8000+ steps yesterday by forgetting it.
    2. Work on leg stretches
    3. Stay on track with eating
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Goals for today were:
    - to go to bootcamp rain or shine ☺ AND I really pushed myself. Under calorie target again

And am just coming to that time of the month when I crave chocolate.

So tomorrow's goal (14th) is simply to stay within net calorie goal.

Not so good today. Over target due to biscuits and Nutella. Time of month means my body is screaming for sugar.
    So goal for 15th:
    - new day, so refocus
    - do some exercise and eat under calorie target to compensate for today
  • carollott543
    carollott543 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just for today
    1. Complete today's workout on The Daily Burn
    2. Reach my 15 step goal by walking around the house (it's snowing again)
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water.
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well, I made it to the movie and didn't get buttered popcorn! Yea me!
  • Tiso2
    Options
    Well, I made it to the movie and didn't get buttered popcorn! Yea me!

Way to go!!! :D
  • loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a mixed bag. I stayed under my calories (yay), i did a very very small/short workout (boo) and failed at doing work...blerg.
    so I need to refocus today! back to simple goals -
    1) stay under calorie goals
    2) exercise for at least 30 min

good luck everyone!!!
  • Just_say_jess
    Just_say_jess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Tiso2 wrote: »
    Jess - thank you for your post. Please have a good day & don't give up the good fight

oh thank you for taking the time to post to me! I appreciate it. You do the same!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,980 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just for today 2/14
    1. Get a morning run in :)
    2. Healthy food choices :)
    3. Water water water :)
    4. No eating after 7 :)

Just for today 2/15
    1. Don't weigh myself
    2. Morning run
    3. Start with protein drinks again
    4. Lighter carbs @‌ after lunch
    5. More fruits / veggies

• RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    I have done a lousy job keeping up here every day, but....as we all know well, today is a new day !!!

Just for today 2/15
    1. Fearless forward
    2. Lotsa water
    3. At least 2 hours of exercise
    4. Write in my daily journal
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »

Now, It's Saturday! And I still have to work so I am going to repeat my goals again. Just for today I will.

1. Log or keep track of all food. I was perfect until about 10pm. Tired eating is a big uh oh for me. :\
    2. Take a walk, Short or long, this makes me feel better. No. And I'm sorry I didn't :(
    3. Drink water. Keep a full glass of water on my desk at all times. Well one out of three isn't bad anyway. :)

So I'm starting out fresh today. Just for today I will.
    1. Get at least 10000 steps. I will get a long walk in.
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water.
    3. Relax and enjoy the day with family. I do not want to go to a birthday party but....spending time with the family is something I can enjoy.

Yesterday is over. Now all I can do is focus on today's goals and move forward.

Have a beautiful Sunday