Just for Today - month of February. Would you like to join me, as we take this one day at a time.

Options

Replies

• smhud1313
    smhud1313 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For today, I will focus on increasing my water. I used to be so good about having 80-100 ounces per day. Now I'm lucky if I get 40.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

Keeping it simple to get myself back started again taking care of myself

so Just for today
    1. Carry a glass of water with me so I remember to drink instead of eating
    2. Log everything I eat
    3. Report here tomorrow how I did, and do it again tomorrow!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »
    Just for Today 2/17:
    1. log everything :(
    2. do 30 minutes exercise :(

Failed at both. Try again. Eventually it will click:

Just for Today 2/18
    1. log everything
    2. exercise 30 minutes
    3. forgive myself for not being perfect

Rae - you are doing SO great! It is easy to get on here when we succeed with all our goals. Getting on here when we don't, as you reminded me, is what we need to do! Great job - and yes, forgive yourself. None of us is perfect. It is a day by day work, baby steps! You succeeded - you got on here!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just for today 2/17
    1. Get my morning run in! :(
    2. Aqua Fit tonight :(
    3. Healthy food choices :(
    4. No late night eating :(

Yesterday was a washout for me big time! No exercise and ate everything in site LATE, ugh!

Just for today
    1. Run in
    2. Gym @‌ at night
    3. No no no no late night snacking
    4. Eat what I prelog ONLY

Jackie - hope you are getting all settled in Washington!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Joan we missed you. No apologies needed, you needed the time for yourself. Losing a fur friend is always hard on us, and if food is your comfort go to, yes this will trigger that too. It's OK. You will get through this and be successful again. Take care of yourself, set small goals to start and then build on that success.

Take care. I know it hurts, but eventually you will feel better and will be able to focus on the happier times with your cat.

Thank you - missed you guys to! I know this is what I NEED to stay focused - you guys!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just for Today 2/18
    1. log everything :(
    2. exercise 30 minutes :)
    3. forgive myself for not being perfect :):):)

Last night I forgave myself for not being perfect and I felt great! It may seem like such a small thing, but for me it was huge. I do not have a spotless, looks like it belongs on a magazine house. I do not need to be model thin. I do not need to look like I just stepped out of a magazine shoot. I can be me with all my imperfections. As long as I continue to try to make improvements, I am moving forward.

Just for Today 2/19
    1. exercise 30 minutes
    2. log everything

• kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Joan I am so sorry about your cat, that is just heartbreaking. Hang in there! Each day is a fresh start and an opportunity to be healthier and you are worth it.
    So I reached my goals yesterday and even surpassed my running goal by half a mile. Just for today 2/19:
    1) log everything
    2) get in my 30 mins cardio
    3) be patient with myself change doesn't happen over night
    Good luck everyone and happy Thursday
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Joan, so good to see your face again :) I was getting worried about you. I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I lost my dog a few years ago and it set me into a tail spin. I did not even connect the dots that her death made me stop working out , eating right ect.... I did not even realize it until about a year after that is what triggered my downhill spiral. One day just turned into another filled with no good choices. You are still on here after going through her death and that is awesome. You are a champion and you can do this. I think it is important for us to be kind to ourselves and sometimes we need a day to just let it all go. Just don't be like me and let it turn into too many days....
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    qqqpip wrote: »
    Ya, had a good day yesterday. Achieved most of my goals but need to focus more on hydration.

Yesterdays Goal Success...
    1. Goal to consume at least 60% protein, less than 15% fat, and at least 64oz of water. ...little goals and we'll work up from there.

Today's Goals....
    Consume at least 64oz H2O.
    Get a better protein shake (just discovered mine is stocked full of sugars. ...we can do better)
    Maintain the 60protein/25carb/15fat.

Bonus I finally broke through the plateau. ...ya. Lost 0.6lbs finally putting me under the 180...mind you I don't contribute that to dehydration. I've been very dedicated to my liquids. Thank you so much for your support. :)

Woo-hoo! Good job!

I finally got the scale to move again too--lost 2 more pounds. Not much, but for me ANY movement is an accomplishment.
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    just for today Wednesday 2/18
    1.) do my workout on the treadmill after work today for 40 minutes + :) (I did it, YEAH)

just for today Thursday
    1.) Get through the appraiser coming to my house today for my refinance
    2.) Get through a day of work with these horrible cold temps we have
    3.) be okay with taking a day off from working out, I have a full load today. Try not to feel guilty about missing one day.
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone on your goals for the day. Busy day/week with the weather so haven't posted in the last few days.
    Goals for today:
    1) do 55 minutes on treadmill-done
    2) drink 6-8 glasses water
    3) keep at or under 1200 calories
    4) log everything I eat

I weighed today and lost 2 lbs! Yea me!!
    I'm back in my size 14 pants!!
    I just need to stay focused.
    I certainly will be glad when it warms up here.

Joan: I am so sorry for the loss of your cat. I am an animal lover, and have 4 cats, 4 dogs, 2 guinea pigs and a couple of fish (though I'm not very attached to the fish! lol) But honestly, I take losing any of them very seriously. They are all like my children and I cry at the loss of any of them. Take your time to get over them.
    Last year I hit a deer driving to work and it must have broken it's legs. My car was totaled, I was thankfully not hurt. I was crying terribly and had to tell the police I was not hurt but I was crying because the deer was hurt and I knew she was suffering. I was begging them to get animal control out there to put her down. They hadn't arrived by the time I left, but they must have come because the deer was gone the next day. I know for many people that would have been stupid crying for an animal suffering but for me it is very real. I love my animals and I hate to see any animal suffer. God bless you as find comfort in the days ahead.
    Donna
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Last year I hit a deer driving to work and it must have broken it's legs. My car was totaled, I was thankfully not hurt. I was crying terribly and had to tell the police I was not hurt but I was crying because the deer was hurt and I knew she was suffering. I was begging them to get animal control out there to put her down. They hadn't arrived by the time I left, but they must have come because the deer was gone the next day. I know for many people that would have been stupid crying for an animal suffering but for me it is very real. I love my animals and I hate to see any animal suffer. God bless you as find comfort in the days ahead.
    Donna

Donna, I cried when I drove over a snake that was across the road (unavoidable) in Florida. I can't imagine how I would have felt if I hit something warm blooded like a deer. Nothing embarrassing about compassion. <3
  • fkalae
    Options
    This sounds like the perfect group of easy does it, but do it! folks.
    I've only been doing this for 5 days. I'm good at tracking. I love fruits and veggies and my carbs are off the chart. Any suggestions?
  • jazzyjez
    jazzyjez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Sometimes I feel like a failure for keep having to start over and over again.
    We all struggle, but - we are all going to keep on trying!!

YES!

I'm sorry for your personal loss. Mortality is a heavy burden.

Thanks for coming back to us!!!

This site and boards like this keep me going.

• jazzyjez
    jazzyjez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    qqqpip wrote: »
    Bonus I finally broke through the plateau. ...ya. Lost 0.6lbs finally putting me under the 180...

YAY!

• fkalae
    Options
    1) I'm going to family's house for dinner. I commit to only 1 slice of pizza and lots of salad, light on dressing.
    2) I'll drink lots of water to help me feel full.
    3) Take my pleasure in visiting rather then food.
  • 2tew
    2tew Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Goals for today:

Treadmill for 30 minutes/Les Mills Body Pump
    Eat with in my calories
    Stay positive with my goals
    Dont give up!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Donna

I also am a animal lover, and now we are without any little furbabies. I want to get another one, but will probably wait awhile - another cat will not replace our little Annie just yet.
    - I hear you on the deer. We have woods behind our house, with lots of deer and racoon. I would be the same way if I hurt a deer. But glad you were OK

Now Rae -- I don't know if I would be the same for snakes LOL :) I have to say, I hate snakes!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    It is so good to be back - you guys are the best! Hubby wanted a ice tea from McDonalds, and I was so close to getting myself a cookie to eat on the way home, but stopped myself. After all - I am going to report to all of you how I did today, and I want all smiley faces tomorrow!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    fkalae wrote: »
    This sounds like the perfect group of easy does it, but do it! folks.
    I've only been doing this for 5 days. I'm good at tracking. I love fruits and veggies and my carbs are off the chart. Any suggestions?

Eat fewer fruits and more veggies. My goal is one fruit per day, 9 veggies.