Just for Today - month of February. Would you like to join me, as we take this one day at a time.

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    So would you guys like to continue this thread, or should I start a new thread for March? I am afraid if I start a new thread, we will lose some of you. I feel we are getting to know each other, and know our struggles together. So should we just continue this thread, and keep it going? Even though it says Feb? Or maybe start a new one, with no monthly limit.

I am going to post tomorrow how I ended the month, and my goals for next month also.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. Back home--do some shopping and food prep. :)
    2. 15,000 steps :p only got 14,062
    3. Super-intense Zumba. :)

Friday:
    1. Clean apartment
    2. 15,000 steps
    3. Dance, dance, dance! I have a practica (90-minute Cuban salsa lesson) and then am going out for standard salsa dancing--hope to get in several hours.
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!! I am scared for the weekend because that is when I always fall off the wagon lol but I can't sweat tomorrow just gotta focus on today. Yesterday I reached all my goals so feeling pretty good about today. 2/27
    1) stay in calorie goal no matter what
    2) 40 mins cardio
    3) be grateful for my blessings and focus and being satisfied because I do have an awesome life
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

While I did good with all my goals, I did TERRIBLE with my eating. We have our 37 yr old mentally ill daughter living with us, and last nite was bad. She was in the bathroom, door locked, screaming and pulling out her hair. When we finally got her to open the door, there was literally a trash can full of hair that she had ripped out of her head. She is attempting to work again, and the stress just makes things worse. I hurt so badly for her. She wants so much to get her life back, to be back working again. But everytime she tries, things get worse. I just wish I could trade places with her, or do something. So - what do I do, but eat. Over 2300 calories for the day - 1400 of those calories were in a matter of a few hours (ice cream snickers bars). I should know better than to even buy these things, but I bought them when my willpower was high, and I thought I could resist better.

Hugs to you Joan, and your daughter. What a rough experience. You should be extremely proud of yourself for logging! That is super impressive. And be easy on yourself for going over, because we are all human after all. <3
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Friday's goals:
    - work ultra hard at bootcamp ☺
    - eat minimal calories back, saving them for some wine in the evening on a night out ☺
    - notice how well I've done all week and keep the focus for the weekend
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Saturday's goals
    - stay within net calorie goal over the weekend days.
    Will be tough on Sat as out for lunch, coffee and dinner and up late. I will be sensible and NOT snack on my sister's biscuits while I'm babysitting. And will balance out the intake on Sunday.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    So would you guys like to continue this thread, or should I start a new thread for March? I am afraid if I start a new thread, we will lose some of you. I feel we are getting to know each other, and know our struggles together. So should we just continue this thread, and keep it going? Even though it says Feb? Or maybe start a new one, with no monthly limit.

I am going to post tomorrow how I ended the month, and my goals for next month also.

Happy whatever you do if I can find the new thread. We have a great community going and I want to keep hearing about your successes!
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well I just saw this now, so a new one, or I'll just go back and read all of this one!
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    February 28th -

Just for today, I will;

1. Drink lotsa water.
    2. Stay strong, and disciplined.
    3. Exercise for at least 120 minutes.
    4. Meditate
    5. Focus on... fierce forward !!
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I didn't log yesterday but should have. I ate 2 cups of ice cream last night. Also didn't exercise yesterday due to hip bursitis and got a shot in my left hip Thursday . At least I enjoyed the ice cream.

Well today is a new day. Still can't jog due to the bursitis but I'm going to do 30 minutes of upper body weight training and 30 minutes on the bike.
    Also just for today
    1) log everything I eat
    2) get my exercise in
    3) stay positive
    4) drink 6-8 glasses of water

Everyone keep up the great work and keep coming back!
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    1. Not let that number be an excuse for quitting. I need to keep eating right and exercising if I want to get healthier. :) After a little feeling sorry for myself, I just went on with my day.
    2. Take a walk. :) Not as long as I would have liked, but 2 miles is not bad. :)
    3. Log everything I eat. :\ Mostly, and I do have a good idea of my total (under goal) but I got lazy after dinner.
    Saturday and an unexpected day off. B) So Just for Today I will

1. Log everything I eat. Starting now
    2. Take a walk. A long walk outside if I can tolerate the cold.
    3. Enjoy this day off and have some fun with my husband.
    4. Take a few minutes to reach out and talk to my adult daughters.

That last one is important to me. I am proud that my girls are grown up and living their own lives, but I get my feelings hurt when they don't call or text. (I don't want to bother them if they are busy) I can take responsibility for reaching out myself if I want to find out how they are doing.

Have a Great Saturday Everyone!

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Joan, I will keep coming, whether we keep this going or start a new one. I too don't want to lose anyone, we are all helping each other through this journey and it's ups and downs.

Hang in there with your daughter. I can't imagine how hard it is to want her to get better knowing that each step she takes might lead to a setback. Take care of yourself too.
  • kegofstout
    Options
    Happy Saturday All!! Exquisitern we all need ice cream sometimes, especially peanut butter ice cream :) taxmom9093 you should call your daughter even if she is busy she will appreciate that you are thinking about her and Joan keep is posted on either a new thread or this one it has helped me so much
  • kegofstout
    Options
    Well yesterday I almost met all of my goals but I went over on calories (less than 100) so i would call it a success. Just for today 2/28
    1) 40 mins cardio
    2) do not stay up late munching in front of the TV!! This habit is hard to break on Saturdays
    3) figure out a work out plan for March that includes weights
  • feistyjojo
    edited February 2015
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Saturday's goals
    - stay within net calorie goal over the weekend days.

Oops not a good day. Ate loads of biscuits at my sister's despite my commitment.
    Fresh day tomorrow.
  • feistyjojo
    Options
    Sunday's goal:
    - stay within gross calorie goal. Whatever happens.
    - unless horrendous weather, take a brisk walk into town

Fresh start. I can still be under the weekly goal if I hit tomorrow despite the massive blow out today.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Friday:
    1. Clean apartment :)
    2. 15,000 steps :\ Was somehow closer to 12,000 even with tons of dancing
    3. Dance, dance, dance! I have a practica (90-minute Cuban salsa lesson) and then am going out for standard salsa dancing--hope to get in several hours. :D

Saturday:
    1. Take a nap
    2. 12 glasses liquid
    3. 10,000 steps
  • loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well it's already March here and I hope there is going to be another thread for next month :)
    I went a bit off the rails last week, which I kinda thought would happen. But I am re-focused and started Jillian Michaels Body Revolution today. I also bought a food scale! So for next month my goals are going to be to stick to the BR workout plan (I am doing the cardio every day for a week version) and to weigh and portion ALL my food.
    Today goals
    Workout
    BR phase 1 workout 1 - Complete (was it just me, or is this really tame for JM???)
    Cardio -
    Food
    Stay under calorie goal
    Weigh and Portion EVERYTHING
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    I started a new thread, and hope that you guys will continue to join me. I have not lost any weight at all for February, but this thread at least has kept me from quitting - so thank you all for your help, and inspiration.

March is a new month, a fresh start for me!

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That book marks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10099482/just-for-today-daily-commitment-thread#latest
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did not lose any lbs in February, but maybe March will be better. I will keep looking here for inspiration and motivation!