Just for Today - month of February. Would you like to join me, as we take this one day at a time.

Options

Replies

• loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well I did 2 out of three goals. I stayed a bit lower then my calorie allotment and I did not eat back my exercise calories.... because I had no exercise calories. womp womp. I was exhausted yesterday and just didn't muster up the energy and will power to workout. yuck.

Today I have dinner (sushi and drinks) with friends which means I have some more intense goals (fyi today is my "saturday")

1) Finish my work project this am - too exhausted to stay up late and finish
    2) Buy headphones at the mini mart downstairs
    3) Do no more trouble zones
    4) Do c25k
    5) Eat a net of </= 0 calories before dinner (aka eat only cals gained by exercise)
    6) Enjoy dinner responsibly (try not to go over 1200 calories)

On a personal note - after kinda failing to "care" about my presentation going out for a friends birthday last weekend, I also want put to put time and effort into getting ready to go out tonight. And enjoy it! Instead of ruminating about my body. xxxx
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My day today was better, but still struggled with emotional eating, our little kittie, Annie, who is almost 19 yrs old has not been doing well, We made a vet appt for Saturday, but I am not readY to put her down. But she is not eating or drinking, and sits like she is in pain. But tonite she is on my lap,

So why do I think stuffing myself is going to make me feel better. That food is not the answer!

So tomorrow is a new day, and my goals are just simple again.

Just for today (tomorrow)

1. Be thankful we have enjoyed our little fur baby for almost 19 yrs
    2. Do not turn to food. It is ok to feel bad, those emotions are ok, and food is not the answer
    3. Plan my meals tonite for tomorrow so I know what to eat
    4. Do as losingrae does, and mediate for 10 minutes
    5. Get on that ellipitical!!

I hope you guys all have a great Friday.
  • Tiso2
    Tiso2 Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good evening everyone!
    Today I stayed under calories with no cardio. Getting through the carb/sugar withdrawal; it's pretty real for me. Didn't consume enough water though.
    Added my 1st 2 MFP friends; so awesome!!
    2/13: Strive to stay on track & get some cardio in.
    Happy Friday all!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    My day today was better, but still struggled with emotional eating, our little kittie, Annie, who is almost 19 yrs old has not been doing well...
    I'm sorry to hear about your cat. That is painful! Food won't make her younger or better, so no point in punishing yourself. I hope everything goes ok but to me, it seems like she probably had a great life with an owner as caring as you are. Best wishes.

• shellby2
    shellby2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2/12 goals met

For 2/13
    1. Walk more at work since won't make it to gym today.
    2. Drink water throughout the day.
    3. Do an exercise dvd at home
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Just for today

1. Be thankful we have enjoyed our little fur baby for almost 19 yrs
    2. Do not turn to food. It is ok to feel bad, those emotions are ok, and food is not the answer
    3. Plan my meals tonite for tomorrow so I know what to eat
    4. Do as losingrae does, and mediate for 10 minutes
    5. Get on that ellipitical!!
  • shannonlynne67
    shannonlynne67 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    *Get at least a 20 minute cardio workout in. (it has been a while)
    *Stay within calories!!!!
  • Eeyores
    Eeyores Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!
    1: drink over 8 glasses of water
    2: track all foods in diary
    3: activity. twice week
    4: last meal or snack by 7pm
    5: bed by 10-10:30
    6: refrain from sugar binge
    7: keep busy. don't. sit in my chair til after 8pm
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Well I failed miserably yesterday...BUT today's a new day.

Just for today

2/13 - I will not drink beer tonight. I even took all the beer out of the fridge this morning so it will be warm when I get home from work today.
  • tandala86
    Options
    Looking to add friends. Please add me!

Also, February is my month of change. I love this one day at a time group, because its so true. I log everything I've eaten, and headache or no, I do what I know is healthy because my body depends on it. I am going to get some food allergy tests to make sure I'm eating the right foods, too.

Not all food is created equal. I've stuck to this for almost 2 weeks, and very proud of myself! I'm focusing on types of food, not if I go over or anything of the like. Vegetables, clean protein, nuts, seeds and a moderate amount of fruit! Still learning. :smile:
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    [quote="losingrae;31279687"
    Just for Today 2/12
    1. Log every bite :)
    2. Do 30 minutes of exercise :) Actually did 40 mins!!
    3. Remember that my weight does not make me less worthy. :)
    [/quote]

Just for Today 2/13
    1. log every bite

I only have this one goal because I'm getting dinner and drinks after work with a friend. It will be hard to log everything I eat after that.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps :D Got almost 13,000
    2. Lift weights and stretch before Zumba :\ Didn't get to the gym...probably a good thing as my arms are mega-sore even without extra lifting
    3. Keep carbs under 100 G :)

1. Dance for fun!
    2. Get new PCP arrangements taken care of
    3. Eat under 100G carbs
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well I failed miserably yesterday...BUT today's a new day.

Just for today

2/13 - I will not drink beer tonight. I even took all the beer out of the fridge this morning so it will be warm when I get home from work today.

What a great idea to take the beer out the fridge! Brilliant. Well done for spotting a potential obstacle and planning how to overcome it.
  • Patti705
    Patti705 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Patti705 wrote: »
    Just for today--the rest of today as I am struggling today!

1. Do not open that botttle of wine.
    2. Do the squat challenge.
    3. Complete my ab exercises for the day.
    4. Make a gym plan for the week as my work sked is a little wonky.

• loveby30
    loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I made all of my goals....though I made this mistake of not taking my phoen to the mini mart wih with me, and of course my 5 dollar headphones only worked in one ear, sigh #expatproblems But I ran!

Good luck everyone with your goals! xx
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Goals for today were:
    - to go to bootcamp rain or shine ☺ AND I really pushed myself. Under calorie target again

And am just coming to that time of the month when I crave chocolate.

So tomorrow's goal (14th) is simply to stay within net calorie goal.
  • couture2015
    Options
    Rhondac728 wrote: »
    Hello...I'll join. This is a great idea, especially for someone like me who only has 8 friends on this site. LOL.

• couture2015
    Options
    Rhondac728 wrote: »
    Hello...I'll join. This is a great idea, especially for someone like me who only has 8 friends on this site. LOL.

I'd like to join in your group! I do water aerobics 3 times a week and I log every single thing that I eat and stay under my daily goal of 1800 calories. I drink at least 10 cups of water daily. I've lost 6 pounds in 25 days and looking forward to one day at a time
  • 2tew
    2tew Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My first real post here! I love this thread, maybe it will help me stay with this...Ho hum
    Under calorie goal today (over in protein-not so good since no gym today :s )
    Maybe tomorrow! Thanks for the idea-- Maybe I will meet new friends here to help out.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,846 Member
    Options
    Just for today:
    1. Remember I have a weight problem that's why I'm here! I can do this!!! :)
    2. Make health choices :smile:
    3. Focus on things I know that works for me concerning being healthy! :)
    4. Water water water :smiley: smile:

Just for today
    1. Get a morning run in
    2. Healthy food choices
    3. Water water water
    4. No eating after

Tomorrow is going be a special V-day. Since being back in Washington, my son has been away on business so TOMARROW we're spending the day with him!