Anyone eat over 2000 calories?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    What kind of exercises are you food braggers doing to eat such massive amounts of calories? And the ones eating like horses and losing weight baffle me too. I took a break from dieting because I flat out stopped losing weight eating 2200 calories. So I eat 2700 for a few weeks. Of course I gained weight. Great. Let's waste more time losing. So two weeks ago I go back to 2200. Great 5lbs of water in a couple weeks. Let's follow the "it's just one day, enjoy your life" BS people preach. Goto a birthday party. Have some nachos and beer for the Superbowl. Great. I weigh more this morning then when I cut my calories two weeks ago. Really? Seriously? I'm 5'11" 233lbs and I lift 5-6 days a week. But the chick who's 5'2 105, she eats 100000000 calories and loses 2lbs a week? Really? I think some people flat out lie about their calorie counts.

My BMR is about 2,500 calories. My workouts are between 1,000 and 3,000 calories. How do you hit these numbers? Simple. Just be a guy that's 6'2" and weighs 224 lbs. Running burns about 1,000 calories an hour for me.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Little over 3,800
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 144lbs currently. When I was logging I was maintaining on over 3000 calories a day. I don't lift, but I work in tree care/property maintence. I am on my feet 8 to 10 hours a day running various types of equipment and dong clean up. Other than that I either mountain bike or road bike on the weekends and in the spring and summer I do a lot of camping and hiking. I started out obese, but I am still able to eat higher calories because I am so active.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I average 2150/day over the week, but that's my maintenance. I was eating 1850 calories per day to lose, but was still losing when I bumped it up to 2000.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and still at 188 but on the days I run I can eat 2,000 calories with no issues. The other days I'm down around 1500 since I have a desk job. Running at 5 mph burns about 700 calories an hour for me. I wear an HRM so I think it's pretty accurate. I'm set to lose a pound a week.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Some days I go way over 2000, but I don't average that. There are just times 3 lbs of steak seems like a good idea!