What are the foods you refuse to compromise on?

Options

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    French Vanilla non-dairy creamer. I tried to compromise by getting the fat free and sugar free versions but they were not the same. I think I may try and make my own using sweetened condensed milk, almond milk and vanilla extract.
  • LuciaL430
    Options
    I haven't compromised anything and I've been doing well. I guess all in moderation and every once in a while.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Bacon. There is no substitute. Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it.

Turkey bacon :\ Tried it once. No thank you.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I don't compromise. I eat and drink what I want. I just won't eat a ton of it. Unless, of course, it's fried ice cream or carrot cake.
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Ice cream..must be full fat and full of cookie dough!
  • dawnkent0626
    dawnkent0626 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Butter, for sure.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I don't really buy substitutes for anything, we use real butter, real cheese, etc but if I had to pick something I'd be the most pissed about subbing it'd be beer. I don't want light, pee colored beer water.
  • lizek316
    lizek316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Pasta is my favorite food. Not gonna eat whole grain pasta and mess it up. Just not the same. Also I don't drink diet soda of any kind because of the aspartame. I had bad headaches and blurry vision when I drank diet soda because of it. I'd rather have the extra calories and sugar than have aspartame poisoning.
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't compromise on "diet" food, period. They never taste right, they're usually loaded with extra sugar, salt, or various chemical cocktails, & all they do is leave me craving the real thing. Life is too short to eat imitation anything, so I just stick with my good friends, Portion Control and Weight Training.
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    chocolate--not that carob crap. and homemade cookies. no applesauce/stevia/honey substitutions--actual butter-sugar-brown sugar cookies.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Cheese - my wedding reception was in a cheese shop, I'm obviously not settling for plastic cheese
    Bacon - turkey bacon is so disappointing
    Beer - even Guinness is a poor substitute for a locally brewed imperial milk stout, and don't you dare try to give me a Bud Light
    Wine - what is this Skinny Girl crap?
    Butter - I mean, margarine's all loaded with trans fat anyway, right? AND it tastes bad.
    Baked goods - please keep your applesauce and black beans away from my kitchen
    Ice cream - I can rant for an hour about how Arctic Zero is the most terrible substance on the planet
    Bread - I'll take the calories in a fresh-baked loaf from the bakery up the street to a bag of 40-calorie-a-slice Nature's Own that's more air than substance every day of the week
    White rice - OK fine, I eat brown rice sometimes, but because it goes with a particular dish better. If I'm eating any kind of Asian cuisine, white rice all the way. I don't get why people think brown rice is better for you anyway...? A smidge more fiber?
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Butter. European if I can get it.

Yogurt. Get away from me with the low/no fat stuff. And no sugar. Low sugar sometimes works IF it's not replaced with a no cal substitute. Give me a nice Noosa, or Bellwether Farms, or some of the delicious yogurt I had in France.

Cream cheese.

Sugar, honey, molasses, etc. Do not try to feed me a 'natural no calorie sweetener' in anything, ever. I find stevia and all derivatives completely disgusting. No artificial sweetener allowed except in my tea and my diet soda. Am relearning this now with some flavored, artificially sweetened quark and greek yogurt - I can eat it, but will be re-buying the plain stuff and adding my own flavors.
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. I will only eat/drink something if I like it. As it happens I did prefer diet coke to coke but then I don't really drink fizzy drinks any more so it's a moot point.
  • kcmccormack
    kcmccormack Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Red wine, peanut butter, chocolate.

I have changed to darkest chocolate I can eat while still enjoying, like 70%. But if I had to pick a single thing, it'd probably be wine.

Moderation is key, right?
  • snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I refuse to touch anything diet, low fat, fat free or sugar free. They usually mean chemical *kitten* storm. I'll either just go without or enjoy it in smaller quanties.

AGREED!!!!!! plus the taste is not nearly as satisfying....i'd rather workout an extra 10-15min over a diet or sugar/fat free anything...

Me too, you can practically eat anything as long as you are knowledgeable about what your body needs at any particular point in time. You can infrequently go to eat highly caloric ally dense food (up to your daily limit) but it's not a great trade off knowing you can't eat for the rest of the day.

I don't like soya based 'tastes like meat' just call it soya burger/hotdog or whatever. You aren't fooling anyone. I also question all the added flavoring/salt. If you want soya go for the fermented kinds (to avoid the estrogen ) but I am not sure people will want to incorporate tempt into there diet. never mind the more foreign looking stuff like natto that looks like a alien is hiding in the plate.

I also don't like low fat anything, what's the point if it tastes like cardboard. Oh right add a sauce.. :/ Fat is a flavor carrier and in moderation sen-sates hunger

Caloric and macro/micro nutrients are what is important in an appropriate size. Having to be watchful of that all the time has made me look at food differently.

I used to love chips and used to eat that as a large base of my calories.. Obviously that stopped for the better.

• justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I can't eat gluten or dairy so I have to eat ' fake ' most things so I won't cheat on:

Really good dark chocolate
    Asian Food (no Panda express)
    Mexican food (no taco bell)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Butter. Mayo. Cheese. Whole milk. Bacon. Salad dressing.

I dont buy diet anything.....always tastes like chemicals
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I had thought cheese a while ago. However grated Romano or any other hard cheese goes really far with a LOT less calories. When I have a cheese craving (often, it's my husband's FAVORITE evening snack) I have 6 "Laughing Cow" cheese cubes. 80 calories. It does the trick.

And yes.... although I would not consider myself a "beer drinker", I would not do Corona Light or Coronita... give me the real thing (and it's not bad with 128 calories), and I do love a Guiness (it's an excellent source of iron).

And ashleycde... there's a reason we are RENOWNED for our "Canadian Bacon"... there IS NO substitute!

Canadian bacon is ham. Not bacon. =)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    butter
    cheese
    steak
    brownies
    cake
    buttercream frosting

in one dish? recipe plz.

BAW HA HA HA HA HA HA

dinner followed by dessert?

That looks like way to much work for me to put together- but I'm sure I could find a way to make steak brownies- or something.

Although I'm about sugared out- All I've had today was cake!!! and a little turkey chili- I might need mexhican heavy food to balance out the damn cake!!! sugar head ache and all!!!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Any dairy (especially cheese or butter) and bacon.