Girls and Weight training? Yes or No?

Options

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Wow, this thread is amusing. I never knew so many females were offended by being called "girl". I refer to myself as a girl often. So do my friends. Sometimes we even refer to each other as "chick".

Also a big thanks to whoever posted the Booth pic. B)

Would you be offended by a male stranger who walked up to you, called you a girl, and started treating you as if you were ignorant and who didn't know anything and had to be coddled and must have her hand held as you walk across the street?

That wasn't the impression I got from the OP at all. I think folks are being too sensitive. Should he grovel at the feet of the rest of the self-proclaimed "experts" posting here, just because they've been around awhile? I don't think so personally but to each their own.

Ah, a WK, every good thread needs one.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    His friend count has doubled in the last hour, all girls. Hmmmmm......
    So the trolling for *kitten* pics worked. Interesting.

Which also means he got an FL filled with girls who have either few scruples, or little in the way of self respect.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread is amusing. I never knew so many females were offended by being called "girl". I refer to myself as a girl often. So do my friends. Sometimes we even refer to each other as "chick".

Would you be offended by a male stranger who walked up to you, called you a girl, and started treating you as if you were ignorant and who didn't know anything and had to be coddled and must have her hand held as you walk across the street?

That wasn't the impression I got from the OP at all. I think folks are being too sensitive. Should he grovel at the feet of the rest of the self-proclaimed "experts" posting here, just because they've been around awhile? I don't think so personally but to each their own.
    So said "experts" aren't allowed to respond to OP without it sounding like a newb needs to grovel?

Lulz k.
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I just started weight training about 2 months ago and I am loving the definition it is giving me. Its challenging and fun.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    9 pages and not a single picture of women lifting weights.
    Will this work?
    dayna-lifting-dog-food.jpg
  • jkwolly
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Which also means he got an FL filled with girls who have either few scruples, or little in the way of self respect.
    Low calories goals = low morals/self-respect!
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options

Not an expert, but also not trying to hide behind "not wanting to get too bulky" as an excuse for not looking very strong at all.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

You ever think that these women want exactly what he wants. To Creep at photos.
  • jkwolly
    edited February 2015
    Options

You ever think that these women want exactly what he wants. To Creep at photos.
    Girls dont like noodz.
  • dbmata
    Options

Well that is what he wanted right?

And his first friend hasn't logged on for 24 months. So, yeah, how did this person accept a FR from a new member?

That's the missus, she don't use the app anymore

Technically, if your posts and comments are seen as harassment or misinformation, you can be banned from the site. Honestly, I doubt that will happen but you should be aware of the possibility.
    I dont think I've harassed or give any misinformation, but thanks for the info

And now we know why you've decided to become a female friend collector.
    lol, that's the truth, Truth.
  • DangerousDUCK
    DangerousDUCK Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    navyjen wrote: »
    I just started weight training about 2 months ago and I am loving the definition it is giving me. Its challenging and fun.

Its got to beat spending years on a treadmill/cross trainer, cardio has its benefits no doubt I'm just saying more folks should incorporate weight training too

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    9 pages and not a single picture of women lifting weights.

Sorry.

weight-lifting-for-women-115.jpg
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Alright let see where he is at in three hours.
  • dbmata
    Options
    farberry wrote: »
    (Also anyone weighing in on the woman/girl thing who doesn't identify as female can frankly *kitten* right off)
    Make me.
  • DangerousDUCK
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »

Not an expert, but also not trying to hide behind "not wanting to get too bulky" as an excuse for not looking very strong at all.

different goals for different people, and always a work in progress.

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    stock-footage-fit-beautiful-young-woman-working-out-with-tiny-pink-dumbbells-with-her-arms-raised-above-her.jpg
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    farberry wrote: »
    I did weight train but it's so discouraging when the only advice is NROL or Stronglifts that BOTH NEED A BIG BARBELL. I don't have access to them with the uni gym membership I have! If someone could give me a good dumbbell routine that will actually work I'd be all for going back to it, as I did quite enjoy it. I need to know something will work before I can commit to it, and me making up routines by compiling random exercises from the internet does not feel like it's gonna do anything, and will be a waste of time - hence no motivation....

Can anyone help with dumbbell ideas?

(Also anyone weighing in on the woman/girl thing who doesn't identify as female can frankly *kitten* right off)

bodybuilding.com has a lot of good programs and it is easier to choose the type of program you want based on the equipment you have access to. It's a little bit of a confusing site so don't check it out until you have a decent amount of time to really go through it. It also has an app, so you can follow along with the workout as you go.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    What did I just walk in to?

A single noob looking for an online hookup with a female who is ignorant and submissive and prone to hero-worshipping any guy who acts like a bossy d-bag.

And various responses to that.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    And because I'm bleeping badass ...

dEIeWtR.jpg

3 pounds beetches!!!

snoopy-14.gif
  • DangerousDUCK
    Options
    I'm being called a "troll" by people trying to keep it off topic, and insult people who disagree with them? isn't that a "troll"? at very least its a bit sad an immature.
This discussion has been closed.