Pear. Eat real food.

Get-off-your-high-horse.jpg
  • JasonH_DFW
    JasonH_DFW Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    jhitt1975 wrote: »
    You would think fruit would be good for you but it's not, here's why:
    - glycogen reserves for fructose are tiny (liver) compared to other sugars (muscle glycogen).
    - because of this post exercise you have a greater chance of spillover to fat
    - Fruit often contains the enzymes to break itself down so it's faster digesting than many simple sugars
    - fruit often has very little fiber and is far more acidic than vegetables.
    - in human development fruit was very rare,truly a treat. Remember til a few hundred years ago when sugar because accessible to the masses fruit and honey were the junk food of the times. In fact it's only since the 1920s grains entered our diet and only since 1950s sugar was wide spread.

really so the ancient romans and greeks did not eat grains?????

Maybe you forgot to read? I said "our diet". Yes they had grains but in minor amounts compare to today. In fact if you look at this chart:

saturated-fat-chart.jpg

Notice countries that moved away from a largely meat/dairy/egg diet went up in disease....

Does those countries with less eat grains. To some degree but not like the those with high carbs as percentage. The studies are clear, fat in the absence of insulin burns well as fuel and therefore does not contribute to weight gain, heart disease, and diabetes as a high carb diet does.
  • JasonH_DFW
    JasonH_DFW Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Have a serving size of knowledge yo
    veg-low-carb-diet-blog.jpg
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    oscarsson wrote: »
    Can you explain further how high blood sugar is toxic? I mean is that like arsnic is toxic after a point?

And so are you also saying carbs = toxic? because that's kind of what my take away on that is.

And one final thing- you must not be a fan of building muscle- because- well insulin spikes are part of how you build muscles- and things. So I mean- sure find if you're okay being soft and squishy for forever- go right ahead- but I'll take my toxic blood and rippling muscles.

Oh here comes the trolls..

1.) More people die from heart disease, followed by cancer (thanks GMO crops and HFCS!), (followed not far behind diabetes) which doesnt even factor in diabetes related obesity more than anything else in the US... so.. yeah: toxic http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

2.) Ok riddle me this, can you OD on too much fat or protien in one sitting? No. Can you on sugar or alcohol. You bet, particularly if your insulin resistant like 99.9% of the population. Are I guess ben pakulski "squishy"? Labraka's clients? Why do you think people carb deplete towards end of show prep. But I guess you know better than the experts.

3.) http://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/ nuff said.

4.) Next you can get insulin spikes without carbs. Familar with whey? its 90%+ protien, no carbs hun. You eat enough eggs, dairy, meat, etc you will spike insulin which is not always a good thing. You can no burn fat in the presence of insulin. So congrats your insulin made you soft and squishy.

5.) Fat is preverses muscle loss as once you get fat adapted the body is less likely to use muscle breakdown as fuel when in a deficit. But hey what do I know, I only leg press 5.5 times my body weight for reps of 12.

So.. feel free to apologize... ya know... whenever..

Can you please provide a source that states that 99.9% of the population is insulin resistant? Also that GMOs and HFCS cause cancer.

Thx.

*Edit: Can't fix quotes that this guy messed up.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    You would think fruit would be good for you but it's not, here's why:
    - glycogen reserves for fructose are tiny (liver) compared to other sugars (muscle glycogen).
    - because of this post exercise you have a greater chance of spillover to fat
    - Fruit often contains the enzymes to break itself down so it's faster digesting than many simple sugars
    - fruit often has very little fiber and is far more acidic than vegetables.
    - in human development fruit was very rare,truly a treat. Remember til a few hundred years ago when sugar because accessible to the masses fruit and honey were the junk food of the times. In fact it's only since the 1920s grains entered our diet and only since 1950s sugar was wide spread.

really so the ancient romans and greeks did not eat grains?????

Maybe you forgot to read? I said "our diet". Yes they had grains but in minor amounts compare to today. In fact if you look at this chart:

saturated-fat-chart.jpg

Notice countries that moved away from a largely meat/dairy/egg diet went up in disease....

Does those countries with less eat grains. To some degree but not like the those with high carbs as percentage. The studies are clear, fat in the absence of insulin burns well as fuel and therefore does not contribute to weight gain, heart disease, and diabetes as a high carb diet does.

what does that chart have to do with the ancient romans and greeks..?

So are you telling me that in Roman society - say around the time of Caesar - that grains were not widely distributed?

I can show you a chart showing a relation between increase in temperatures and piracy too ...does that mean that increasing temperature leads to more piracy???
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Have a serving size of knowledge yo
    veg-low-carb-diet-blog.jpg

hmmm wow you can post a chart..impressive...can you also interpret it..???
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Pear. Eat real food.

Get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

OMG I am tearing up.

This might be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Also kit kat. Pears have a gross texture. Unless it's canned, then maybe it'd be ok. Not sure. Still kit kat though.

Now pineapple vs kitkat? that's a totally different story. MMMMMMMMmmm pineapple.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    2.) Ok riddle me this, can you OD on too much fat or protien in one sitting? No. Can you on sugar or alcohol. You bet, particularly if your insulin resistant like 99.9% of the population. Are I guess ben pakulski "squishy"? Labraka's clients? Why do you think people carb deplete towards end of show prep. But I guess you know better than the experts.

4.) Next you can get insulin spikes without carbs. Familar with whey? its 90%+ protien, no carbs hun. You eat enough eggs, dairy, meat, etc you will spike insulin which is not always a good thing. You can no burn fat in the presence of insulin. So congrats your insulin made you soft and squishy.

5.) Fat is preverses muscle loss as once you get fat adapted the body is less likely to use muscle breakdown as fuel when in a deficit. But hey what do I know, I only leg press 5.5 times my body weight for reps of 12.

Did you seriously just call JoRocka "squishy" and "hun"?

I would like to hear more about how I am probably insulin resistant because my panel suggests otherwise.

Congrats on your leg presses with your fat-preserved muscle. Do you have video?

Please link to a case in which a non-diabetic person OD'd on sugar.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I would like to hear more about how I am probably insulin resistant because my panel suggests otherwise.

JoRocka can probably bench him.

I'd pay to see that.
  • ndj1979
    Options

JoRocka can probably bench him.

I'd pay to see that.

me too
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Kit Kat Kit Kat= Bought some more to celebrate.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I just noticed that she had not responded to him yet, and then I realized that she *may* be on her way to his house right now. I'd be pretty scared if I were that guy.

He gon' get benched.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Can you explain further how high blood sugar is toxic? I mean is that like arsnic is toxic after a point?

And so are you also saying carbs = toxic? because that's kind of what my take away on that is.

And one final thing- you must not be a fan of building muscle- because- well insulin spikes are part of how you build muscles- and things. So I mean- sure find if you're okay being soft and squishy for forever- go right ahead- but I'll take my toxic blood and rippling muscles.

Oh here comes the trolls..

1.) More people die from heart disease, followed by cancer (thanks GMO crops and HFCS!), (followed not far behind diabetes) which doesnt even factor in diabetes related obesity more than anything else in the US... so.. yeah: toxic http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

3.) http://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/ nuff said.

So you make assertions not supported by science (the entire "thanks GMO crops and HFCS!" drivel) ... claim that 99.9% of the population is insulin resistant .... then continue further off the rails with non sequiturs ... there is no reason for anyone to apologize to you based on your inane posts.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Zero bar, dark, frozen
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I only have this to add since this thread is in the can.

I can't stand all you perfect people who can eat crap all day and still stay fit.

Genetics, luck, and steroids.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I only have this to add since this thread is in the can.

I can't stand all you perfect people who can eat crap all day and still stay fit.

Genetics, luck, and steroids.

Which people are those?