Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this little group. I have 90 more pounds to lose (started off needed to lose 100). I find myself getting very frustrated because it seems like all the post I see of people losing 100+ pounds had surgery to do so. While that's great for them it's not for me. Although I do qualify for the surgery I want to do it myself and the right way.
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @want2behappy31‌
    I've lost 45 lbs with no surgeries, supplements, or starvation.

You can do it!

I have found these two links to be very good advice.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/healthy-eating-habits?page=2

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/3b8c17a72899384ba5c166357/files/25_Weight_Loss_Mistakes_Smaller.pdf

Also I consider the following blog essential reading (for women of any color!)

Erika has a whole series on ending emotional eating, and the transformative art of self-care.

http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/tag/self-care/
  • cweitzel627
    Options
    I also got over 100 lbs to lose and with hypothyroidism I have more against me. Started on a journey last year went for a walk and slight jog into for about 2 weeks down 12 lbs then fractured my foot. Haven't been back on track since. Recently got a treadmill and I get shin splints so bad and very quickly...very discouraging. But you can do!!! You have in the past and you got this!! Go girl!!!
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @want2behappy31‌ It is possible without surgery! Baby steps. You can do it!
  • KATBassets85
    KATBassets85 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi, I have been on the yo-yo diet for what's seems like a decade-and-a-half now. I am 29 years old. I had to go on psyche meds because I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar II a few years ago.... Man did that pack on the pounds fast! I have come to the conclusion that enough is enough, and my brother is getting married in September so that was extra motivation! I am a Chef/Pastry Chef so unfortunately everything I make tastes yummy; I have a sweet tooth the size of Montana! But at least I can make delicious tasting healthy stuff too, I just need to be motivated to do it. Ultimately I need to lose about 120 lbs. but for now, any amount of weight loss is my goal. I would love to be added to help mutually motivate! <3
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome all of you who have just joined us here!

Some of you have some added challenges to your already challenging journey of losing weight and getting healthy! I tip my hat to you for your efforts and your dedication to doing this for yourselves and whatever we can do to help motivate and encourage you, we will!

I have to admit that I considered surgery more than once but I just can't bring myself to do it. I've lost weight on my own before and I can do it again! If I don't learn how to eat properly, then surgery will do no good. I'll just pack the pounds on all over again! :)
  • mrsmuzzy24
    mrsmuzzy24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for the welcome! I didn't measure. I should do that! Thanks for the reminder @danielle7577. I am trying to get to the gym more, but my littles and the hubby need me too so I can't give an hour a night at this point. Ah the balance! I am looking forward to spring when we can spend time together outside being active! I live in Wisconsin and we are getting cabin fever!

On day 4 of eating well and have been doing pretty good! Keepin' on keepin' on!
  • AMH1970
    AMH1970 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs 3 years ago when I got diagnosed with diabetes. Job changes and life happened and I gained 23 back. So I'm looking to get back on track and lose about 105 lbs. We can do this!!!!
  • ashmarie1083
    ashmarie1083 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 31 and at the point where I just need to do it. I lost 50 lbs about 3.5 years ago but have slowly put it all back on since then. I weighed in just after New Years at my highest weight ever (yuck). But I'm working on it... each 25 lbs is a mini goal :smile:
    Feel free to add me... I'm looking to make friends and motivators on here
    35187835.png
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @inchwormbyinchworm‌: I checked out one of the links you posted on emotional eating. Thanks for including the links.
  • danielle7577
    Options
    Hi everyone! I tried something new today. Yoga. I think I will really enjoy it once I learn the moves more. All I know is afterward I felt completely relaxed. But I also know I moves many muscles in different ways.
    I had a high activity day since I was off work. Time to wind down and relax. The weekend is nearly here. For those of you who tend to overeat on the weekend get to working on your good and exercise plans to get you thru!
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    @danielle7577‌ I'm more of a traditional stretching kind of gal, but I find stretching is essential after working out. In a way it is hard to prioritize because cardio and strength burn more calories. But I feel so much better when I do it that I know it helps me stay on track.
  • danielle7577
    Options
    @inchwormbyinchworm‌ I was interested in it because for longterm healthy living I feel like it will be very beneficial.
  • shirayne
    Options
    TGIF everyone and welcome welcome to our newest additions! Like Danielle mentioned, planning is everything! If that doesn't help you, try making one of the weekend mornings your weigh-in day! I weigh-in on Sunday mornings unless I know the dinner we have planned on Saturday night is heavier (not in calories but in weight - like stew or pasta) than normal. Then I weigh-in on Saturday morning. It keeps me honest! :)

Keep fighting the good fight and as promised, I'll be posting my turkey chili recipe this weekend for anyone who wants it. :)
  • Stephckc
    Stephckc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Reading all your posts has motivated me this morning. I've lost 10bs and have about 120 more to lose. The goal seems so far away and I've been on this journey many times but I'm 42 years old and I really need to change. I have three girls (12, 9, & 4) who are very active and I just want to be able to do more with them and keep up! I tend to be a little private but maybe that's part of the problem. I'm hoping that joining some of these groups will help me. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • bigchubbohanz
    Options
    I want in on this! I need to lose 100-110 lbs to be happy again. After I had my daughter in gained even more weight than my pregnancy weight, and I was already quite overweight. Being recently diagnosed with epilepsy I have been sort of gloomy and unmotivated to eat well and excersize. I'm definitely in need of some encouragement and accountability!
  • danielle7577
    Options
    Welcome @Stephckc‌ and @bigchubbohanz‌!! I encourage you to read through all the past posts if you haven't to get to know everyone else and feel free to add any of us so we can get to know you guys! We all go at things slightly differently, but all of our goals are the same. To be happier, healthier, and hopefully lighter and smaller.

It is a process and a lifetime commitment!
  • shirayne
    Options
    Evenin' everyone and welcome Stephckc and bigchubbohanz! Went out for dinner and ended up going over my calories. BUT... I made good choices and had I exercised, I would have been fine. I really wanted pasta or nachos but I chose stuffed mushrooms (vegetarian) and a garden salad with chicken and it was fantastic! Yes I went over my calories but what a victory to know I was able to make a wise choice. In hindsight, I could have done without the mushrooms and that's a good feeling to know that the salad would have sustained me just fine! :) Sometimes you have to fall to realize that it doesn't always have to hurt so badly.
  • mrsmuzzy24
    mrsmuzzy24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Go @shirayne‌ ! It's all about making smart choices!
  • believefsc
    believefsc Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can't believe all the action on this thread! Good for all of you for keeping hooked in. I've added a bunch of you as friends and if anyone wants to add me, I'd love to support and motivate you through this. I'm back on track after a month 'holiday' with too many chips and salsa and virgin pina coladas (pinadas). I wonder how many calories are in them?! They were too good to pass up and when I tried the virgin mango drink, I was a goner. Well, back at it, exercising regularly again and I'm feeling so much better. I'm learning to feel the difference in my body depending on the foods I put in it. I know I can control that horrible bloated feeling now. I prefer Facebook so I don't post on here as often as I should. How do I do the '@' to talk to specific people? It doesn't seem to work for me.