Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @shirayne Great job on your better choices!
    @believefsc‌ Hello! Not really sure how the tagging system works on this app. Sometimes the app works better some days then others.
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    believefsc wrote: »
    I wonder how many calories are in them?!

If you know the bartender (whom I presume is also a virgin :blush: ) you can run the recipe through
    Www.caloriexount.com/cc/recipeanalysis.php
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    believefsc wrote: »
    I wonder how many calories are in them?!

If you know the bartender (whom I presume is also a virgin :blush: ) you can run the recipe through
    Www.caloriexount.com/cc/recipeanalysis.php

Oops! Make the x in the link a c.
  • princesdalya
    Options
    Hi . I am 40 years old and looking to lose weight. My biggest problem is Motivation to exercise and food portions. I have lost weight in the past but gain most of it already.
  • princesdalya
    Options
    @criskom I feel the same way. I have lost and gained it all back . None of my clothes fit anymore so I am looking to get back on track and lose again.
  • danielle7577
    Options
    @princesdalya‌ Sometimes motivation is hard when getting restarted. What I has to do was develop a routine and stick to it until the rewards of exercise became my motivation. That is pushing me forward now. Start with a small goal to do 30 min of cardio 3 times a week maybe. Then build from there.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I was quite proud of myself last night. I finally got up enough courage to go to a Meetup group meetup (boardgames!) to hopefully make some friends here and had a lot of fun. On top of that, I avoided the chocolate, chips and soda that was available! I had a few gummy snacks but mostly munched on grapes. That was a huge deal for me!! :)
  • danielle7577
    Options
    @bregalad5‌ That sounds fun! What a great way to put yourself out there and stay on track!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone! Weigh-in morning for me and it went great! :) Now to figure out what crock-pot recipe will be on today's menu... lol

Chili recipe on its way (I haven't forgotten).

@bregalad5‌: That's awesome! I am a professed geek and love board games! Congrats one making smart choices. That's a HUGE achievement!
  • shirayne
    Options
    TURKEY CHILI!!!

2.00 lb(s), Extra Lean Ground Turkey
    2.50 med. (110g) (4oz.) (3/4 cup), Yellow Onion
    1.00 container (1 4/5 cup (130g) ea.), Navy Beans (Canned)
    1.00 container (1 4/5 cup (130g) ea.), Dark Red Kidney Beans
    2.00 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia), Peppers - Sweet, green, raw
    1.00 Medium, Orange Sweet Pepper, Raw
    1.00 container (796.3 mls ea.), Crushed Tomatos (796ml) - That's the BIG can...
    4.00 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long), Celery - Raw
    0.50 packet, Taco Seasoning
    3.00 cloves, Garlic - Raw
    3.00 tbsp(s), Sauce - Worcestershire

Brown the turkey and veggies first (using cooking spray) and once the turkey is cooked through and veggies are soft, everything goes into the crock-pot! Cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6-8. Now this recipe makes approx 14 servings at 172 calories each and I would eat 1.5 servings for lunch (if I remember correctly, it's about a cup and a half).

Now if you want, you can add corn, carrots, hot peppers etc... just remember to add the calories to the recipe. :) You can also replace the taco seasoning with spices containing less sodium. Here's a recipe I found online to replace the packaged kind. Once mixed, it will stay in a airtight container for up to a year:

4 tablespoons of chili powder
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon onion powder
    1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    2 teaspoons paprika
    2 tablespoons ground cumin
    3 teaspoons sea salt
    4 teaspoons black pepper

Good luck and enjoy! (I certainly did!)
  • kellis129
    kellis129 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you @shirayne‌ ... Eat to live, don't live to eat! I will be adding you as a friend
  • Jmraichl
    Jmraichl Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm in. I have 100 lbs to lose myself. I'm a full time working mom of two. I have no problem getting started, its the sticking with it that I need an accountibility-buddy for. I have an Jawbone UP. Looking for other buddies.
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I know I'm late to the party so to speak but i need some support. Like shirayne I've been on this journey before. I lost 75+ lbs and gained it all back. That was 10 years ago. ..so here I am trying again. Ive been working on it this time since January 1 and have lost almost 12lbs...but ive been stalled for a week *sigh*
  • chilimister
    chilimister Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can SO do this! If I can, YOU can! Feel free to add me! :)

• chilimister
    chilimister Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Been trying to do this thing alone without much luck. I putting it off until tomorrow.. I need some support and accountability.. a community..
  • prof_newme
    Options
    [quote="Jmraichl;31600837"I have an Jawbone UP. Looking for other buddies. [/quote]
    I have an UP too...I got it last month and am liking it so far.any tips?
  • emerald_gecko1975
    emerald_gecko1975 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Nicole and I live in Texas. I started MFP 12 days ago and have lost 9 pounds. I have over 100 to go and I'm starting to struggle. I'm hoping to have some support as well as give it here. Feel free to add me so we can support each other. I'm 39 and will be 40 in May. I have a 9 year old daughter and I just want to be able to have the energy to do things with her like I used to.
    Have an awesome day y'all!
  • prof_newme
    Options
    bregalad5 wrote: »
    I was quite proud of myself last night. I finally got up enough courage to go to a Meetup group meetup (boardgames!) to hopefully make some friends here and had a lot of fun. On top of that, I avoided the chocolate, chips and soda that was available! I had a few gummy snacks but mostly munched on grapes. That was a huge deal for me!! :)
    Way to go! Getting out meeting new people is hard and you did it while avoiding cookies! woah! So cool

• prof_newme
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    TURKEY CHILI!!!

Thanks @Shirayne
  • shirayne
    Options
    @emerald_gecko1975‌: Welcome! What an awesome accomplishment for 12 days! What are you struggling with right now? Your momentum is awesome so let's figure this out together and keep you on track!

@prof_newme‌: My pleasure! Mine's in the slower cooker as we speak and it smells awesome!