Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome ChrisKom! I know how you feel! It's so hard to stop when it tastes so good! Have you tried using smaller plates? That worked for me for a while. Then I tried doing something else while I was eating. It would distract me between bites, enough for my brain to tell me when I was full (although this was hit and miss). These days I've been preparing my breakfast and lunch meals ahead of time for the week so in the morning I grab my portions and head off to work. That makes eating more a bit harder. I'd have to actually get up and go somewhere to buy more... and well I'm just too lazy to do that! ;)

Have a great day everyone and remember... You're worth it!
  • jck511
    jck511 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So today is the first day of my new routine. I started T25 today. At 5 am It was really hard but I did it and feel it 4 hours later
  • jonesm97
    jonesm97 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing today?? I am looking forward to the warmer weather. I have this new goal set. I am going to start jogging to running. I am going to run a 5k run starting in April and do one once a month. Then I am going to compare the ending times. I am pretty excited for this challenge. :) It will definitely help with my wieght lose goal as well. Just rememeber take one day at a time and of you have one bad day tomorrow is another day.
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    SkinnyGirlFatBody Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have about 100 - 140 lbs to lose. I had gotten really close to my target weight a few years ago, I was only 20 - 40lbs away but some bad things happening in my life allowed me to gain it all back and become the heaviest I have ever been. So now I'm trying to pay attention to me again and lose it all again. It's going to be a long process for me, so I would love to have more friends to motivate and keep me accountable.
  • jonesm97
    jonesm97 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I too have about 100 - 140 lbs to lose. I had gotten really close to my target weight a few years ago, I was only 20 - 40lbs away but some bad things happening in my life allowed me to gain it all back and become the heaviest I have ever been. So now I'm trying to pay attention to me again and lose it all again. It's going to be a long process for me, so I would love to have more friends to motivate and keep me accountable.

Hang in there. You know it's possible due to the fact you've done it before. I know this is the heaviest I have ever been. I am not proud of it, that's why I have to prove to myself that I want to lose the weight. It's a selfish act but yet a heathly one. With the motivation from others it helps a lot. I know I am not alone. :)
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @jck511‌ Great job getting started!
    @SkinnyGirlFatBody‌ Welcome! Great bunch of people in here.
    @jonesm97‌ I am ready for warmer weather also. The C25k is somewhere in my future also. Not yet. But I would love to start the program this summer. When snow isn't covering my road!
  • mmereth
    mmereth Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    jonesm97 wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting of those fitbits, or some other type. I just wasn't sure how effective they were. Does anyone know if they work in wooded areas where cell phones are lycky to get service? They are connected right?
    I LOVE my FitBit! And I spend a lot of time in areas with little or no cell coverage.
    The FitBit tracks your steps and syncs, via Bluetooth, with an app on your phone or iPad. I have the FitBit One and it also came with a little dongle that can plug into a USB port on your computer to sync your steps. If you happen to be where there is no access to Bluetooth/cell, it will just sync the next time there is access.
    I am always amazed at how sedentary I can be and the FitBit helps make sure I am getting better at moving more.

• danielle7577
    Options
    mmereth wrote: »
    jonesm97 wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting of those fitbits, or some other type. I just wasn't sure how effective they were. Does anyone know if they work in wooded areas where cell phones are lycky to get service? They are connected right?
    I LOVE my FitBit! And I spend a lot of time in areas with little or no cell coverage.
    The FitBit tracks your steps and syncs, via Bluetooth, with an app on your phone or iPad. I have the FitBit One and it also came with a little dongle that can plug into a USB port on your computer to sync your steps. If you happen to be where there is no access to Bluetooth/cell, it will just sync the next time there is access.
    I am always amazed at how sedentary I can be and the FitBit helps make sure I am getting better at moving more.

I feel the same way. It keeps me moving all day long!
  • shirayne
    Options
    Evenin everyone and welcome to our newest peeps. Rough dinner tonight. I had everything planned out and we had a last minute switch of restaurants... *sigh* But it was my son's birthday and sometimes, you gotta fall off the wagon to be able to back on so I"m right back at it and feelin good!

Hope everyone is having an awesome week!
  • danielle7577
    Options
    @shirayne‌ It happens sometimes. All is not lost. I'm excited this morning. After I worked crazy hard yesterday I hit my 10lb goal for my February weight loss challenge. So, my weight loss total is now 30lbs! I don't know if I have ever lost 10 lbs in a month though. So I'm happy. Today I will hit my fitbit goals, but no over the top exercise today. I don't want to overdue it. Still will have to have an hour of cardio and 16k steps. So I won't be slacking completely either! Happy Friday!
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @danielle7577 Awesome at achieving your goal!!
    @shirayne: I think it's normal not to be "on" all the time. What's important is that you're right back at it! Way to go!
    @SkinnyGirlFatBody‌: Feel free to Add me
    @jck511‌ Good job yesterday! You'll get a 5 day anniversary cheer if you're set up to go public with your info. Feel free to Add me.

Yesterday STUNK for me! My attitude was very poor. However, I rallied at the very end of the day and put in an hour of cardio. It made it easier to get going again today.

I need to make a vow (and follow through) to NOT look at the scale but once a week!
  • shirayne
    Options
    Happy Friday All!

@danielle7577‌: Fantastic and congrats! You're doing phenomenal!

@2run2ski‌: It happens to us all! You recovered beautifully and that's SO encouraging! Way to go!
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday to you too! Had a good morning in the gym doing deadlifts, and then popped off 100 cals on the strider and foam rolled my hamstrings.

Mindful of my sugar addiction today.

Stats
    5'5"
    SW 259
    CW 213
    GW 158
  • shirayne
    Options
    @inchwormbyinchworm‌: Awesome day! Gratz!

Happy weekend to everyone. Stay strong and focused! :)
  • danielle7577
    Options
    Thanks guys! I took it easier today. But still moved. Didn't want my muscles to get all tight. Hoping to get a workout in before work tomorrow.
  • shirayne
    Options
    Holy cow look at that pic! You're looking awesome Danielle!!!
  • Treasa2013
    Treasa2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm feeling like a fatty who may never be healthy or get a handle on my life. I am addicted to sugar and feel that its almost hopeless to find foods without it. I feel like I have begun a journey of endless benge cliffs that I am traveling in darkness. I need to lose 98 more pounds. I don't want to try the same ol same ol and be a loser once again. Can any of you help?
  • shirayne
    Options
    Welcome treasa2013! We can certainly help motivate you and give you tips and tricks that have worked for us! Hopefully some of these will work for you!

My first piece of advice is don't give up! You can do this if you really want it and don't let slip ups get you down! One of the best ways to combat your sugar addiction is to plan your meals and include foods that are sweet but have natural sugars instead of refined ones like fruit! :)
  • Treasa2013
    Treasa2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shirayne. That is good advice!
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 130 lbs. That would get me to the upper end of a healthy weight range. I lost 50 lbs a couple of years ago by blindly following Tumblr advice, working out for hours a day and eating 1500 calories a day. It was the recommended calorie intake for me by both Livestrong and MyFitnessPal. I ended up shutting down and gaining 80 lbs back.

So now me and my BF are talking about getting married and I don't want to be a fat bride and an unhealthy parent. I'm trying to get this under control now while I still have time to lose the weight healthily. Admittedly though, I'm having a hard time keeping a positive attitude and feeling like this is actually something I can do.