Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hey Danielle! Having a rough week I'll admit so my food situation is suffering. I stayed within my calories so that's good but I had zero veggies in my dinner tonight and ate sausages... AND I scarfed them down like they were the last darn sausages I'd ever see! LOL But on a happier note, I'm staying strong and positive and I'm still losing! :) How are youu doing so far this week?
  • swarren1037
    swarren1037 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @danielle7577‌ Even though I have many more habits to change, I'm counting it as progress that I've tracked all week, and especially that I've avoided fast food all week. Yay! I have been in a really expensive and terribly unhealthy habit of stopping MULTIPLE times a week, sometimes more than once a day, either for fast food or prepared foods at grocery stores/gas stations. I had plenty of justifications for myself. I am super busy and it is hard to prep enough on the weekend, but it's doable!
    Soon I'll start working on portion sizes, and decreasing SUGAR! That is daunting because I eat so much of it! How about you??
  • shirayne
    Options
    Those are fantastic achievements! You can do it! I used to find it super hard to prep on weekends to... in my case though I was just lazy and didn't WANT to. Since I've started using my crock-pot, I love it! Finding new recipes and figuring out which one I'll be having for lunch all week. The corn chowder didn't work out that well but... live and learn! I started using raw can sugar instead of refined sugar. It's way more expensive but it makes me more cognizant of how much I'm using. lol I guess I'm tricking myself into not using as much because of the price. Whatever works I guess!
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @shirayne How many calories are you try to stay within? Is it too low? Sounds like your body was craving protein!
    @swarren1037‌ Great job on not eating out! We had issues with that too. So, I had to start planning out suppers on a weekly basis so when the what's for dinner question happened we don't just take the easy option and get take out. We do plan suppers out from time to time though. Saves us financially and on the scale!
    I am doing pretty well this week. Last week I lost like 5lbs. So, I'm happily maintaining that loss. Pushed myself on a circuit exercise two says ago. So, took am easier day yesterday with exercise. Going hard today since I'm off work.
  • shirayne
    Options
    I think the week is just crazy and my brain is focused on too many things and food is taking a back seat. My calorie limit is 1550 right now and for the most part I'm usually a couple hundred calories under (but I don't always log spices and coconut oil used to cook so I leave myself a little padding). There was one day where I was way too low... and that was really just circumstances of the day causing me to miss a meal. In general I don't do that except maybe on Saturdays if I sleep in lol.
  • danielle7577
    Options
    @shirayne Just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to go under 1500 a day. If people are active we still need fuel to stay active and lose weight. You are doing great!
  • shirayne
    Options
    Oh no... I certainly try to stay close to my limit so I don't put my body into fat storage mode :)
  • danielle7577
    Options
    Just did 5 and little more Leslie Sansone miles before my 2 year old woke up. Feeling good!
  • wazzunicki
    Options
    Hello, I'm 32 & starting my journey toward being 100 lbs lighter. I'm with you guys, motivation is my biggest struggle. Every weekend I make a fabulous plan & every Monday I start my plan. But by Tuesday I'm off the wagon again. I'm hoping this time is for real, I'm tracking my food & goal is to workout at least 30 min a day & hit my 10,000 steps a day.
  • danielle7577
    Options
    @wazzunicki‌ You can stick to it!
  • shirayne
    Options
    Welcome wazzunicki! You can do this and we want to help! Are you able to identify why you're going off the wagon so quickly? When you plan your week, are you actually making the recipes, cooking the food or prepping it? Let's see if we can figure this out together and help find you some strategies that will work for you!
  • jonesm97
    jonesm97 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wazzukicki..... with the support of this group you be amazed in how far you will be able to go on your plan. I always thought it was just me. Load be hold.....there's more ppl like me who would love to lose 100 lbs. It's a struggle don't get me wrong, I love to eat. I love to eat when I am bored. Good luck to you
  • danielle7577
    Options
    It's the weekend. It can be the hardest time for people. Including myself. I'm off this weekend and it's snowing. I really need to keep my motivation to move going. Let's make this a great weekend! My goals are to do an hour of cardio both days, plus some strength training exercises. And I want to work on organizing my life so I have a cupboard that needs organized and my fridge.
  • shirayne
    Options
    Lofty goals Danielle but i know you can do it! I just did something really cool... I thought my egg whites were about to expire so I cooked the rest of the container but as I was eating, I realized I really wasn't hungry enough to eat more than half so I got rid of the rest before habit made me eat it all! Such a proud moment! :)
  • jessicaclode88
    Options
    Hi, I'm 27 and looking to lose 100+ pounds.
    A few years ago I managed to lose roughly 50 pounds but have since put it all back on plus extra.

I defiantly have a big issue with food, I eat a lot of fast food and have very unhealthy portion sizes, I tend to have double what I should and can become very obsessive about wanting food when I limit myself- to the point I end up bingeing.

I want to try and gain a healthier look on food so I don't end up falling off some diet and back in to eating an entire cake as a snack.

I restarted my weight loss goals and have restarted using the tracker and I could defiantly use some tips and support to keep going, I think it defiantly helps to know others are trying to achieve the same goal.
  • mychele06
    Options
    Count me in,I need support also, I need to lose 100 pounds in a healthy way.
  • shirayne
    Options
    Welcome to jessicaclode88 and mychele06!

@jessicaclode88‌: I can relate to the fast food! It's so tasty and easy to get our hands on. But you know what? We can make BETTER food than they can! Let's do this together. Feel free to add me and let's start making small changes. I actually just went to make myself a lunch because I was trying to restrict my eating so I'd have good results on the scale tomorrow morning but it's so not worth it! I knew if I didn't eat something, I'd binge at dinner. Let's chat and see what we accomplish by making small changes that you can sustain! In my humble opinion, you might want to start with your portion control. Eating multiple smaller meals a day will prevent you from feeling hungry and you'll start to learn how to listen to your body. That's just one option! I'm sure we can all give you advice but only you can determine what works for you. danielle7577, jonesm97, and swarren1037 are super active on this thread and I know they have kept me motivated through a tough week (thanks ladies!). Support is key!

@mychele06‌: admitting you need support is half the battle! We're all here to help and motivate each other so add me and let's get this ball rolling!

• danielle7577
    Options
    To the newcomers. Feel free to add me as a friend! Hit today's exercise goals! Feels good.
    @shirayne‌ Way to go! Pushing away my plate when I feel full is so hard for me!
  • shirayne
    Options
    Had a small whole wheat thin crust pizza - veggie extreme tonight for dinner. Don't know exactly how many calories so I used the Pizza Pizza version but mine had broccoli, artichokes, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions with feta cheese instead of mozzarella. It was well to be honest... a bit disappointing but the veggies on top were super good! I think I would have been better off without the feta. Too salty! oh well... live and learn. I'll know better next time. :)
  • danielle7577
    Options
    With all those veggies I would have gone for the mozzarella.