Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• blesssedmomof4
    blesssedmomof4 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would love for people in this thread to add me. I lost 80 pounds about two years ago and then slowly gained it all back, stress eater. I have recently starting getting local support as well as online friends. I plan to succeed in my lifestyle change this time, and must do that in order to be here for my family. I have set a goal of doing a dream trip tied in with a 5k in November. Who will friend me and help support as I support each of you?!?!?!
  • rox4012
    rox4012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Shirayne,
    Please add me. We have the same goals and setbacks. Im looking for healthier food options as well.
  • sarahpadg
    sarahpadg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've lost 66 pounds in five months since I gave birth to my daughter in September. I still have a ways to go, but eating healthy and meal prepping is what is getting me through this. I'm a blog foodie now! I also love food and I find new blogs every day with interesting yummy meal prep ideas. One of my favorites is fitmencook.com. check it out! :) Good luck!
  • niclan13
    niclan13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone. .. i think we all get frustrated and sometimes need that support to keep us going. i am going to keep doing what i am doing.. i am also going to up my water in take...buy new batteries for my scale and start taking measurements. i am also going to pay more attention to my NSV :)
    i know this is a long battle and i will have my moments both good and bad along the way.. so happy i have this site and wonderful people to support me :)
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Look at all the new posts!! Welcome everyone. To answer the fitbit question it works wherever you are. You just to sync via Bluetooth on your smart phone or sync it to your computer. But the fitbit itself tracks without an Internet connection.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    WOW I second Danielle! Lots of new posts! Awesome! I'm going to look into starting a group this weekend and I'll let you guys know once it's done. We can change things around when we want to add stuff.

@niclan13‌: I'm glad to see you've got some plans to get yourself motivated again! Don't forget that plateaus can be caused by so many things and sometimes it isn't even a real plateau! Your cycle can impact your loss a lot! Salt, eating the same foods over and over... it sucks! LOL you'd think it was hard enough to lose the weight that they'd get rid of all the hurdles! :)

You're right though... we will all feel weak, stumble, and sometimes fall. But as long as you're willing to get back on that horse... You've got this!
  • danielle7577
    Options
    Due to my work schedule this week I haven't gotten to get an early workout in. I miss it! So much easier to get going in the morning and keep the momentum when I start early. Still makes my way down the weight loss ladder. And feeling stronger. I love that!
    How is everyone else doing? It's Wednesday and sometimes people's drive to eat better and exercise more starts to fade midweek.
  • skinniwithin
    skinniwithin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So glad I stumbled on this thread. I lost 80 pounds then put it all back on when I got pregnant with our twins. That was 17 years ago and I've been playing the yoyo game with 20 pounds since. I'm at my heaviest now and determined to lose about 100 pounds. I just cancelled my WW account cause it was so expensive and I wasn't getting the food idea and planning help I need. I work from home and the office is off the kitchen. Ugg, shoot the architect, lol. I meet clients 3-4 times a week for lunch so my current goals are to make healthy choices at restaurants and to lose 15 pounds by April when I'm off to visit my daughter in Spain. I am also setting a goal of 6000 steps daily (Fitbit) and most of that has to come from time on the elliptical as I lead such a sedentary life.

Feel free to add me as a friend as I know I will need support and hope I can cheer you on too.
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    We're getting MORE snow today. Another 8 inches to the 100 we already have...no joke! I love snow, but the work of removing it is getting old!

Mid-week and I thought I'd step on the scale because I've been doing well. Ehhhhhh. Bad idea. I'm up by a pound. :( I know weight fluctuates, but I've been feeling good about how I've been doing. I was hoping to see that "goodness" reflected by the number on the scale. I shouldn't have gone down that alley of thinking. My well-being is not reflected by that number. I am making progress by making disciplined choices hour by hour. NSV's are where it's at. I refuse to be discouraged. (or how about I'm working at refusing to be discouraged...)
    NSV's for the day so far:
    This morning I've had a good breakfast (although a little low in cals...need to have snack later), I've exercised, and I've put together a good lunch. I've already had 3 cups of water, too.

Onward!
  • jonesm97
    jonesm97 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2run2ski wrote: »
    jonesm97 wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting of those fitbits, or some other type. I just wasn't sure how effective they were. Does anyone know if they work in wooded areas where cell phones are lycky to get service? They are connected right?

I don't use one, but there's a forum on this site where you could read and ask questions. I know a lot of people LOOOOOve them.

I could find out. I would hate to buy something amd it doesn't work. I will just wait. :)
  • danielle7577
    Options
    @2run2ski‌ Way to go keeping your thoughts positive after a disappointment.
  • danielle7577
    Options
    @skinniwithin‌ I added you as a friend. I also use fitbit if you want to add me let me know. Good goals to start with.
  • 2run2ski
    Options
    @2run2ski‌ Way to go keeping your thoughts positive after a disappointment.

Thank you for the encouragement. Truly, it helps me! :)

• feroshus
    feroshus Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies and gents!

I have added a bunch of people from this thread now, but decided I should do an introductory post. I am a 28 year old teacher from Canada and also have 100 pounds to lose. My weight has been going up and down (mostly UP!) since I was 9.

My number one issue is meal planning for sure. I get very tired on weeknights and end up not making healthy choices when I come home hungry (think Wendy's.) My number two issue is late night snacking with my hubby in front of the TV. I am loving this app because now I am holding myself accountable for the calories I am taking in!

I go to Les Mills BodyPump classes 2 or 3 times a week. I am STRONG! :) Now I need to do some cardio... just bought the Zombies, Run! app and looking forward to using that too.

Yesterday my friend lent me a bunch of her Clean Eating magazines so that I can choose some of the recipes and grocery lists to help keep me on track.

Please add me to help hold me even more accountable! I think I have kept everything public? New to the site so not sure how it works :blush:
  • tsusko
    tsusko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose at least 100 pounds. I would be very happy with losing 130 pounds. I have a number of back issues, including degenerative disc disease, 5 bulging discs, 2 dessicated discs, a floating disc fragment, a synovial cyst in the L4, SI joint dysfunction and a spur in the neck. I also have psoriatic arthritis. I am working on an exercise program, it seems to work if I do 2 days exercise then a day off, tonight I will go to water aerobics, tomorrow water zumba. I go to the YMCA and get in the pool and walk laps and do exercises. It seems to be easier to do the exercise in water. I also go to yoga occasionally, and my instructor helps me adapt the routine to my needs. I am also reading a book called The Beck Diet Solution and following the program. I find my problem with weight loss always comes down to my own thoughts, so I am trying this cognitive therapy program along with using My Fitness Pal. My sister in law has agreed to be my diet coach so I have someone to talk to and get advice from. This whole thing seems a bit daunting to me, but I just read today's section in the book and it says to set a goal for 5 pounds, achieve it, celebrate, and set one for the next 5. That should help, if I set a large goal, it will seem forever until I see any results. I was hoping to find a support community on here too!
  • 2run2ski
    edited February 2015
    Options

tsusko wrote: »
    This whole thing seems a bit daunting to me, but I just read today's section in the book and it says to set a goal for 5 pounds, achieve it, celebrate, and set one for the next 5. That should help, if I set a large goal, it will seem forever until I see any results.

Setting just a 5lb goal makes a lot of sense to me. I think I'm going to change mine right now. Thanks for posting!
  • danielle7577
    Options
    How was everyone's Wednesday? Mine was pretty good. Even included a nap. But still got an hour of cardio in, plus a plank and a wall a 2 minute wall sit. Hit 20,000 steps on my fitbit too!

• g_rain
    Options
    I'm right there with you! One day at a time, 1lb a week, I'll add you.
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Gosh I'm so behind! Welcome to all you new peeps! I never thought when I posted my initial thread that it would turn out like this! I'm so excited to have so many new motivators in my life and I want to thank each and every one of you for being here with me! Some of you have shared with me that you relate to my story just as I relate to yours and every day when I hear that, it just motivates to keep on going! So thank you and remember that this is OUR time to DO this!!!
  • ChrisKom
    ChrisKom Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I have a little over 100 lbs to lose till I'm at a weight I would be happy with. About 2 years ago I lost 60 lbs but I have slowly gained it all back. The new clothes I bought don't fit anymore!! :( my biggest problem is portion control.... I have none lol. I eat till I'm ready to explode. I want to get rid of my beach ball shape and feel better! I'm so glad that there is support here. I wish you all a great weight loss journey!