Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    didjaever wrote: »
    @jonesm97‌ I never thought I would fall in love with baby spinach. It is delicious. I eat it uncooked with some grilled chicken.

Ummm yes!! It's great. I take 2 slices of boars head roasted sliced turkey breast cut on #3 and wrap it around spinach with a little sprinkle of low fat matzerella and make my wrapless wrap! ! That and a protein shake is about 180 calories perfect with a halo to round out 205 calories for a breakfast or lunch. Packed full of protein and will hold me with no snack until the next meal!

I also like to place 2 big hand fulls in a bowl with a tablespoon of kens light cesar dressing and nuke it for 1 minute perfect to add to any meal!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    didjaever wrote: »
    @jonesm97‌ I never thought I would fall in love with baby spinach. It is delicious. I eat it uncooked with some grilled chicken.

It is indeed. I can't stand cooked spinach so I was hesitant to try it raw but man it's great!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome hippychick5983! We really do have an awesome bunch here and I'm thrilled to have you join us!

@everyone who discovered baby spinach: I discovered kale this year. I love it! But beware when it's digested if eaten in large quantities! It's not easy being green... LOL!!!

This cold is kicking my butt still but I had a nice bowl of pho tonight for dinner and the spice is doing its job. :)

@Jones: glad to have you back among the motivated my friend! I knew you could do it and let us know if we can help in any way!

@didjaever: Don't you hate thinking about all the awesome stuff you COULD have said... HOURS LATER?! Like: "Fat pig can be changed... Ignorant Jerk can't!" :) Good on you for staying positive. You're a beautiful person and that's something he will never be!
  • Bobzfit
    Bobzfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been reading through the strings and an very impressed with the determination to want to lose weight. Remember to keep goals obtainable and don't look too far ahead. Sometimes we trip over what is right in front of us. Your progress is success and it may be helping others who are afraid to openly admit they have the same desire that you do. This is for the long haul and the road will get bumpy. Knowing you have support will help.
    As stated before, if at any point something seems or feels wrong, talk to your physician.
    Bob
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @Jonesm97 If you need help with recipes I have tons that are low in calories and taste good. I'd be happy to share.

For all the baby spinach and Kale lovers, I love greens too and there are so many different kinds. I found a stock enhancer "better than bouillon Ham" that I use in my greens to give it that old southern flavor without all of the fat. It has only 15 cal per tsp and you only need 1 tsp for a lot of greens
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bobzfit wrote: »
    Your progress is success
    Bob
    Preach it, Brother Bob !

• didjaever
    didjaever Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have a good day eating and stay within calories but feel bloated? This was me yesterday. I hope that feeling goes away today.
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    Bobzfit wrote: »
    Your progress is success
    Bob
    Preach it, Brother Bob !
    Let me start with some background. I do in home personal training. I helped my wife lose over 200 lbs in 4 yrs, through better eating habits, portion control, movement and a desire to live. I blog through WordPress as, Your Gateway to Health. I am not advertising any services.
    I battled alcohol addiction and understand struggle. I cannot say what you as an individual will feel or how, but I can offer support.
    MFP is a great tool to track food intake, & exercise and as you know, a means of support. Everyone has a right to a better quality of life. We all make mistakes, but by just having a desire to change is crucial. Obviously that's why we're here.
    As a trainer I hold clients accountable. That is done through support. Every bite you don't take of unhealthy food, or every step you take towards a minute by minute goal moves you forward. It is like riding a bike. As long as you keep moving forward you will reach your destination. If you coast, you can roll backwards.
    Anyhow, congratulations to all of you for being a part of this group and actually reading through this.
    In fitness, Bob

• shirayne
    Options
    Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend! I just had nachos with my turkey chili on them and they were awesome! I used multigrain chips and tex-mex cheese. They really hit my craving bang on!
  • Bobzfit
    Options
    Using turkey and multi grain is definitely a plus!
  • prof_newme
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @Shirayne Glad your weekend is going well. Your chili nachos sound great! I'll probably try them next week.

I have been extra busy with family stuff the last few days. With the busy schedule and extra stress I haven't been able to maintain my walking routine... so less calories and fighting the urge to eat the stress... so far I'm winning (sort of) Hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow with just a minor set back
  • terrylhatcher
    terrylhatcher Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I really love my fit it too!! It is the simplest one but it sure motivates me!
  • shirayne
    Options
    @prof_newme‌: Minor set backs are ok. It's how we respond to them that matters. :)
  • prof_newme
    Options
    @Shirayne Thanks for the support! I know I will be fine. This time I am determined!!
  • swarren1037
    swarren1037 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You guys, we're all doing so well! I've had a couple of nights recently where I ate like my old normal - and I definitely felt the effects - no energy, unpleasant digestive issues, feeling heavy and overall blah! I'm proud of myself today for ordering the egg white omelet at breakfast, walking to yoga class, and being productive the rest of the day. Well within my calorie goal today, and I feel so much better! I'm reminding myself it's SO worth it to fuel my body with whole foods, pure water, and treat it to movement. Here's to the new normal! What are you proud of today or this week?
  • swarren1037
    swarren1037 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @jonesm97 Glad you're feeling a little better - how are things going in the last day or two?
    @prof_newme I'm sure it is just a minor setback. You got this!
    @shirayne Thank you bunches for keeping this thread moving and encouraging everyone. :)
    @didjaever‌ I can't recall days like that - but I have a friend who has constant bloating discomfort that she attributes to wheat/gluten. Hope it's a fluke for you!
    @bregalad5 Spinach is the best! It's so fun to notice my tastes change too. I have to stop myself preaching to folks who insist they just don't like vegetables. I want to shake them and say TRY THEM! :) haha
    @kp3868 I've never tried spinach in the microwave like that. Wilted spinach is one of my favorite veggies, so it sounds like a method I might like. :)

I hope everyone has a fabulous day tomorrow!
  • enoughisenough9
    enoughisenough9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm looking to lose around 130lbs in total (11lbs down already, only 119lbs to go!) Been watching this thread for a few days but feel free to add me (don't judge me for my food diary on Saturday though, had a bad day but I exercised my *kitten* off to get it down). Hope you all have a good day :smile:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What are you proud of today or this week?

I've been trying hard to log my food every day (it's not always easy since I'm not currently in the US).

I also went out with Meetup groups three times! Once Friday night, another Saturday afternoon and then again Saturday night. The Saturday afternoon meetup was awesome. Six of us did a breakout game. They lock you in a room and you have one hour to use clues to find the key and escape. I was really proud of myself as I wound up cracking a couple of the most crucial clues and the game administrator personally complimented me. It really helped my self-confidence and it was so much fun!! :)

I've also been noting to my sister that after not having a single hug since January 1 I've now had five hugs from four different people in two days, haha. It's actually made me feel a lot better...
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @bregalad5 That is awesome!
  • daizyk70
    daizyk70 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have had a rough week nutritionally. I am finishing up music directing a play with students in my district. I have kept up with exercising, so calories have not been a problem. But I have been eating very bad foods, cupcakes, pizza, hotdogs. The show ends today and I will be back on the veggies and I will actually have time to cook meals! I am very excited to get back to healthy eating and I am excited it will be warm enough to take walks with my children and dog after dinner. I have over 100 pounds to lose, but I am going slow and steady so I don't feel deprived. Please add me as a friend, I could use some more positive motivators.