Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• vdobbo1
    vdobbo1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am also looking to lose about 80ib, I did lose 14ib but then put back on half of it and am having trouble with my motivation but really want to try and hit my goal
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    globug68 wrote: »
    Interested here. Need all the motivation I can get. I have a thing for med ice coffee EXTRA cream from tims. I lose steam and get bored and I eat when bored, upset, angry bad reasons to eat. How can you view others dairies?

I am also addicted to Timmies... I started buying cane sugar and half and half cream that I leave at work so I get a medium black coffee from Timmies and use my own cream and sugar. Tim's uses 18% cream whereas half and half I think is 10% and cane sugar is a bit better than refined white stuff. :)

Welcome to our newbies!

• prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We don't have a Tim's where I live and as I hear it I'm really missing out. My fav coffee brand is Community coffee...strong and rich without being bitter! But I have to make it myself and some times it is just more convenient to buy.

I have a problem where I get bored of foods way too easily so I need variety lots and lots of variety! My newest favorite snack is Nonni's thinaddictives cranberry...100 cal, 1 fiber, 3protein. they are like biscotti and so yummy! That and a cup of coffee makes a fine treat.

I also like chobani key lime yogurt it tastes like key lime pie filling.
  • karenjpowell
    karenjpowell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I am looking to losing over 100pds. I'm using a weight management program that has a doctor and nutritionist. I see them each once a month. I've lost 24 pounds but it has been a slow process. I have so far to go! I had started to walk and I was very motivated by that, until my knee started bothering me. I am still walking...just taking it a bit slower. I'd love to be a part of this group. I have been inspired by just reading all of your posts.
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I am looking to losing over 100pds. I'm using a weight management program that has a doctor and nutritionist. I see them each once a month. I've lost 24 pounds but it has been a slow process. I have so far to go! I had started to walk and I was very motivated by that, until my knee started bothering me. I am still walking...just taking it a bit slower. I'd love to be a part of this group. I have been inspired by just reading all of your posts.

Welcome! So glad you are here! What does the doctor say about your knee? Any place you can do water aerobics? Much easier on the joints to add to your walking.
  • vschwgrt1
    vschwgrt1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    karenpowell I also have severe knee pain in one knee. Hoping taking off the weight will help. I tried the
  • vschwgrt1
    Options
    treadmill but that was too painful so began vigorous treading water in the pool. That really helped
  • persephone1970
    Options
    Hi shirayne. I am 45 and also have more than 100 lbs to lose...250 to be exact. I just started using MFP, and need to connect with positive, like minded folks. I struggle with food addiction, emotional eating, and the depression that can accompany those things. Yet, I am determined to make a change. At present I am confined to a wheelchair due to osteoarthritis and obesity. That has only occurred in the last two years. In years prior, I was still big and also somewhat active. I am told that I could likely walk again if I take off a considerable amount of weight. So, I a determined to get my mobility and my life back, perhaps even a better quality of life than I had before in spite of the Arthritis. I wish you all the best on your journey and would love to offer you support whenever you need it. We can do it! ;)
  • wholecat
    wholecat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I went on a bit of an adding spree, hope no one minds. I'm 25 and taking charge of my future in a lot of ways, but perhaps the most important is happening on this site. I am following a paleo diet and in the process of a Whole 30. I'm kind of an 'all or nothing' girl, so cutting out bad foods helps make my daily choices easier. I have almost 120 lbs to lose (I can't believe I let it get to this point, but here we are) and need a ton of support and motivation. Feel free to add me and I'll do my best to be there for you just as much!!
  • didjaever
    didjaever Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have severe arthritis in my left knee. I just finished gel injections that did not work so I am more determined than ever to lose this weight. I am hoping that 80lbs off my joints will take the pain away.

Anyone have experience with decreased pain after losing a lot?

vschwgrt1 wrote: »
    karenpowell I also have severe knee pain in one knee. Hoping taking off the weight will help. I tried the

• Kiki_StartingOver
    Kiki_StartingOver Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 24 and looking to lose 100 pounds to get to 140. at 5'2 that is still considered overweight but 140 is a lot better than 240! Feel free to add me, I really need to the motivation and I rejoined so no friends yet!
  • vschwgrt1
    Options
    karen, seems to have cut off part of my reply. Anyway, the treadmill killed my knee so I gave that up, but the pool works great! I can get in the water and do what I call cross country in the deep water. At first it hurts, but after a few minutes i can flex my kn ees up to my waist without pain. I spend 60 min in the pool daily and it is really helping
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!! My goal is to loose around 100lbs also. I've lost 68lbs so far, 26 lbs before joining MFP, and 41lbs after. 32 more pounds to go get there!!! Feel free to add me, we can motivate each other:)
  • brantleysmom1998
    Options
    shirayne wrote: »
    Welcome jostamer and bmaison! Cutting out soda is super hard when you're as used to it as adding salt to food or breathing air. The fact that you've cut it out is a tremendous achievement! :) As for vegetables, have you heard of the "Sneaky Chef"??? She has a series of cookbooks that are filled with recipes that allow you to "hide" vegetables inside food that tastes great! You should check them out and see if any work for you!

• brantleysmom1998
    Options
    Is it too late to join you girls!?? I see it's been a month!! I need some friends!! I really want to make this journey a successful one!! I promise to encourage and support!! :-)
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had a little victory I'd like to share. I went to a birthday party tonight and they served cake and ice-cream. Neither one was too appealing (which has never stopped me before) so I ate none of it! Not one bite and I even sliced and passed out the cake.

I feel strong and invincible! I know this time is different
  • kp3868
    kp3868 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    aomliocj64q2.jpg
    k80131x8ljz3.jpg

85lbs down!! 25 to go to meet my 100 goal!!!
    This continues to encourage me each and every day!
  • vschwgrt1
    Options
    wow you look great
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new people! Never to late to join!
    @kp3868‌ Great transformation photos. You look happy and healthy.
    @prof_newme‌ What a great NSV!!!
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    prof_newme wrote: »
    I had a little victory I'd like to share. I went to a birthday party tonight and they served cake and ice-cream. Neither one was too appealing (which has never stopped me before) so I ate none of it! Not one bite and I even sliced and passed out the cake.

I feel strong and invincible! I know this time is different

That is not a little victory. That is a major triumph!