• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    capriqueen wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    meltedsno wrote: »

Breakfast: Protein shake with 2/3c protein powder, 1/4 c oats, 1/3 banana, 1 tbsp chia seeds (280-300 calories with 25 g protein)

your friend might be on to something....In another posting you said you are using Body Fortress and have 1/2 serving. 1/2 serving has 170 cal in it and is one scoop (that is provided with the protein powder). One scoop is about 1/4 c.

Your serving size of 2/3c is closer to maybe 1 1/4 servings. That's putting your protein powder at around 215 calories alone. 1/4 c oats has around 100 calories, add 1/3 banana at around 35 calories... 1 Tbsp chia seeds is another 70 calories. Total this all up and your 280-300 calorie estimate is really 420 calories.

I meant the 2/3 of the cup they provide, inside the box. It's smaller than the cup we use otherwise. They specify that the one cup of protein powder is a serving.. which is 150 calories.

The food itself does not lead to weight gain. Weigh you food for accuracy all around.

Do you weigh the scoop in grams to make sure you have a correct serving? In fact, do you weigh all your food to make sure your servings are correct?

I don't have a food scale..... kind of on a budget and pressed for time with grad school, so I'm doing the best I can with what I have. But I can assure you I was not on this diet when I was gaining weight. I was eating fast food left, right and center..... and much,much more than my TDEE.
    You should invest in a cheap one, it'll help a lot.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    your friend has a PHD in broscience….
  • ndj1979
    Options
    shaleeny88 wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    shaleeny88 wrote: »
    Natural protein is good... But protein from shakes or bars has a ridiculous amount of sugar. Best stick to natural protein.

Doesn't matter if they have sugar unless you are diabetic. Sugar doesn't make people fat or kill them.

Err sugar is a dirty carb, that needs reducing just like any other bad carbs. I didn't say it makes you fat, its definitely not healthy

LOL this whole sentence is just wrong...
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Joe_Buck69 wrote: »
    Daaamn. wasn't expecting THAT to happen lol.
    apple173 wrote: »
    OP: Eggs don't make you fat. I don't eat alot of meat but i do eat natural foods and i do have a protein shake a day. I do what is right for me and it's all about learning what can and canmot do in regards to your own health. Good luck.

Everyone else if you stay on track with your posts to whats being asked without getting heated it would be more helpful to anyone new to this lifestyle.

This is MFP dude. As long as there are people saying x food is evil there will be war amongst users.

cause people really really seem to love to argue on here.

lol lol lol

what?

It stands for "laughing out loud." Written three times.

yes, i know what it stands for. i didn't find my post funny, thus the "what?"

I believe that user wrote "LOL" because she found your statement that people love to argue on here to be ironic in the highest degree. Ironic in an Alanis Morrissette way.

it wasn't funny in an any sort of way.

Funny is subjective.

Irony is ironic.

wasn't ironic either
  • ndj1979
    Options

Breakfast: Protein shake with 2/3c protein powder, 1/4 c oats, 1/3 banana, 1 tbsp chia seeds (280-300 calories with 25 g protein)

your friend might be on to something....In another posting you said you are using Body Fortress and have 1/2 serving. 1/2 serving has 170 cal in it and is one scoop (that is provided with the protein powder). One scoop is about 1/4 c.

Your serving size of 2/3c is closer to maybe 1 1/4 servings. That's putting your protein powder at around 215 calories alone. 1/4 c oats has around 100 calories, add 1/3 banana at around 35 calories... 1 Tbsp chia seeds is another 70 calories. Total this all up and your 280-300 calorie estimate is really 420 calories.

I meant the 2/3 of the cup they provide, inside the box. It's smaller than the cup we use otherwise. They specify that the one cup of protein powder is a serving.. which is 150 calories.

The food itself does not lead to weight gain. Weigh you food for accuracy all around.

Do you weigh the scoop in grams to make sure you have a correct serving? In fact, do you weigh all your food to make sure your servings are correct?

I don't have a food scale..... kind of on a budget and pressed for time with grad school, so I'm doing the best I can with what I have. But I can assure you I was not on this diet when I was gaining weight. I was eating fast food left, right and center..... and much,much more than my TDEE.

you don't have 20.00??
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

you don't have 20.00??

It's just $20.00?
    I do have that much. But I'm just worried weighing everything I eat might take up too much of my time. I'll think about it then....
  • Aviva92
    Options
    OP: Eggs don't make you fat. I don't eat alot of meat but i do eat natural foods and i do have a protein shake a day. I do what is right for me and it's all about learning what can and canmot do in regards to your own health. Good luck.

Everyone else if you stay on track with your posts to whats being asked without getting heated it would be more helpful to anyone new to this lifestyle.

This is MFP dude. As long as there are people saying x food is evil there will be war amongst users.

lol lol lol

what?

I believe that user wrote "LOL" because she found your statement that people love to argue on here to be ironic in the highest degree. Ironic in an Alanis Morrissette way.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be funny. Are you familiar with sarcasm?

i am. it was pretty weak if that was the point.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

you don't have 20.00??

It's just $20.00?
    I do have that much. But I'm just worried weighing everything I eat might take up too much of my time. I'll think about it then....

Not even that much. Mine is $16.72 now, but they're as low as 13 bucks: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=ozeri+digital+scale&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=3480221894&ref=pd_sl_2hm6rdwhgu_p
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

lol lol lol

what?

Funny is subjective.

Irony is ironic.

wasn't ironic either

:laugh:
  • Aviva92
    Options

lol lol lol

what?

Funny is subjective.

Irony is ironic.

wasn't ironic either

are you actually laughing? i doubt it.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

lol lol lol

what?

Funny is subjective.

Irony is ironic.

wasn't ironic either

You would be wrong then :laugh:
  • ndj1979
    Options

you don't have 20.00??

It's just $20.00?

I weigh all my solids and it takes about an extra ten seconds…

turn on scale
    put food on scale
    take note of weight
    done
  • Aviva92
    edited February 2015
    Options

lol lol lol

what?

Funny is subjective.

Irony is ironic.

wasn't ironic either

oh, no accounting for having a sense of humor then. yours is terrible.
  • Iron_Feline
    edited February 2015
    Options

lol lol lol

what?

Funny is subjective.

Irony is ironic.

wasn't ironic either

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh look I quoted you before you edited,

Naughty naughty.

And then you re-edited.

lol
  • Aviva92
    Options

lol lol lol

what?

Funny is subjective.

Irony is ironic.

wasn't ironic either

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh look I quoted you before you edited,

Naughty naughty.

And then you re-edited.

lol

so?
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

you don't have 20.00??

It's just $20.00?

I weigh all my solids and it takes about an extra ten seconds…

turn on scale
    put food on scale
    take note of weight
    done

It really doesn't take long op - and you'll be surprised at how easy it is to go massively over using cups. My little protein powder cup is wrong.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

you don't have 20.00??

It's just $20.00?

It adds only seconds of time to your food prep. Put your plate on the scale, and zero it out after putting each item on your plate. It's that simple. For example, if I'm making a sandwich. I put the plate on the scale. Turn it on. Add bread of proper weight, hit the button to zero it out. Add mayo, hit the button. Add ham, hit the button. Add cheese, hit the button...and so on with any veggies. It only adds as much time to your food prep as it takes you to press the button, which is not much at all. After a while it just becomes habit, and you don't even think about it.