Options

Replies

• capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    shaleeny88 wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Natural protein is good... But protein from shakes or bars has a ridiculous amount of sugar. Best stick to natural protein.

Doesn't matter if they have sugar unless you are diabetic. Sugar doesn't make people fat or kill them.

Err sugar is a dirty carb, that needs reducing just like any other bad carbs. I didn't say it makes you fat, its definitely not healthy

There is no bad food

just TOO MUCH is what can makes something unhealthy Thats all.

IKR?? I tried telling that to him. On top of everything I had to be called fat because I ate eggs. I mean, seriously.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    capriqueen wrote: »
    Right. Monetarily, the protein powder worked out cheaper for me as I bought Body Fortress. The greek yogurt is a little more expensive.

Yeah but it tastes way better! So worth it IMHO.

Anyway, do what works for you. You're right that it's about CICO, not about meal timing or the other bro science that your friend seems to have picked up.

Having said that, in my opinion you're too aggressive with your calorie deficit. I'm a decade older and 50 pounds lighter than you are, only 5'1", and less active than you, and I still eat more than you do and am losing weight steadily.

Try to set your MFP goal to something more reasonable, like 1lb/week, and eat more food to meet the higher calorie goal. Yes, that includes protein from real food.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Natural protein is good... But protein from shakes or bars has a ridiculous amount of sugar. Best stick to natural protein.

Doesn't matter if they have sugar unless you are diabetic. Sugar doesn't make people fat or kill them.

Err sugar is a dirty carb, that needs reducing just like any other bad carbs. I didn't say it makes you fat, its definitely not healthy

WHAT??? There are no dirty carbs!
    mttueo0zjx7m.gif

Guess those carbs aren't natty!

EOYeNyf.jpg
  • capriqueen
    Options

So you don't eat fruit then?

Healthy is subjective. I'm not going to bother getting into THIS again though, because I'm seriously done with people who think sugar is evil. Not even worth setting the record straight anymore.

Yes I eat fruits which have natural sugars.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12109-1366673254-1.gif

OP please disregard any anti-sugar advice you are given or read about on these forums.
    I'm on neutral ground with regards to sugar... I don't avoid it but I have reduced my intake.
  • ana3067
    Options

There is no bad food

IKR?? I tried telling that to him. On top of everything I had to be called fat because I ate eggs. I mean, seriously.

You have the right mentality towards food, this is good. Just be sure you are eating back your exercise calories now (at least half) because at your weight you should not be eating so little every day with respect to omitting those extra calories.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

There is no bad food

yeah, eggs are awesome, fried in bacon grease with bacon and cheese and veggies. they are the perfect food.
  • ana3067
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Right. Monetarily, the protein powder worked out cheaper for me as I bought Body Fortress. The greek yogurt is a little more expensive.

Yeah but it tastes way better! So worth it IMHO.

Anyway, do what works for you. You're right that it's about CICO, not about meal timing or the other bro science that your friend seems to have picked up.

Having said that, in my opinion you're too aggressive with your calorie deficit. I'm a decade older and 50 pounds lighter than you are, only 5'1", and less active than you, and I still eat more than you do and am losing weight steadily.

Try to set your MFP goal to something more reasonable, like 1lb/week, and eat more food to meet the higher calorie goal. Yes, that includes protein from real food.

Agree with this. especially since I started out at the same weight as her, actually a bit heavier. It's surprising how much better you can feel from just losing 10-15lbs, whichw ill go by in a few months at a 1lb/week goal. Flies by, it's reasonable, and enables better gym performance.
  • capriqueen
    Options

There is no bad food

You have the right mentality towards food, this is good. Just be sure you are eating back your exercise calories now (at least half) because at your weight you should not be eating so little every day with respect to omitting those extra calories.

Sure. Copy that. Thanks!
  • ana3067
    Options
    Seriously, why are you drinking your meals? Yogurt is less expensive than protein powder.

Agreed, metabolism prefers solid foods than liquid food :wink:
    NO, you're just sated longer with solids. Metabolism is not affected one way or the other.

With solid food you stay full for longer as your body takes its time to break down the food., a lot of people on here who complain about getting hungry often usually have a lot of shakes/smoothies in their diet.

Smoothies don't make me hungry. Assumptions.

You keep manoeuvring away from the point mades "a lot of people on here who complain about being hungry"

I didn't say everyone who eats liquid food.
    Get over it seriously

And most of those people are also not eating enough. Doesn't really have much to do with them drinking their calories sometimes.
  • segacs
    Options
    My point was to stick to natural sugars & natural foods as much as you can.

This is a myth. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. "Natural" foods (however you define those) aren't inherently better or worse than processed foods (which, let's be fair, all foods are processed somewhat, even picking a fruit from a tree or milking a cow is a "process".)
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    OP: Eggs don't make you fat. I don't eat alot of meat but i do eat natural foods and i do have a protein shake a day. I do what is right for me and it's all about learning what can and canmot do in regards to your own health. Good luck.

Everyone else if you stay on track with your posts to whats being asked without getting heated it would be more helpful to anyone new to this lifestyle.

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Ok, thread has been cleaned up, let's try to keep it that way, please.

tumblr_mqxy6op7Xj1rth2h5o1_400.gif
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    BEST. MOD. EVER.
  • ana3067
    Options
    Daaamn. wasn't expecting THAT to happen lol.
    apple173 wrote: »
    OP: Eggs don't make you fat. I don't eat alot of meat but i do eat natural foods and i do have a protein shake a day. I do what is right for me and it's all about learning what can and canmot do in regards to your own health. Good luck.

Everyone else if you stay on track with your posts to whats being asked without getting heated it would be more helpful to anyone new to this lifestyle.

This is MFP dude. As long as there are people saying x food is evil there will be war amongst users.

• segacs
    Options
    BEST. MOD. EVER.

+1
  • ana3067
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    My point was to stick to natural sugars & natural foods as much as you can.

This is a myth. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. "Natural" foods (however you define those) aren't inherently better or worse than processed foods (which, let's be fair, all foods are processed somewhat, even picking a fruit from a tree or milking a cow is a "process".)

True dat.

Best way to succeed: Stick to food, period. enjoy what you eat, eat enough for your goals and health, and live life man.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    BEST. MOD. EVER.

YEP! She needs a big ole!!!! :
    wu2vveie6nwo.jpeg
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I make my own protein shakes from protein powder. Each scoop has 4 g of carbohydrate and no sugar.

My point still stands. You need natural food protein. Protein powder has ingredients which you've never even heard of and most likely can't even spell . Just eat natural protein like fish, cheese, yoghurt etc.

Just being nit-picky, but have you looked up the chemical composition of a blueberry? MANY words that are hard to pronounce. For a single blueberry.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Seriously, why are you drinking your meals? Yogurt is less expensive than protein powder.

Agreed, metabolism prefers solid foods than liquid food :wink:
    NO, you're just sated longer with solids. Metabolism is not affected one way or the other.

With solid food you stay full for longer as your body takes its time to break down the food., a lot of people on here who complain about getting hungry often usually have a lot of shakes/smoothies in their diet.

Smoothies don't make me hungry. Assumptions.

You keep manoeuvring away from the point mades "a lot of people on here who complain about being hungry"

I didn't say everyone who eats liquid food.
    Get over it seriously

Your points are either scientifically wrong or completely based upon assumptions and strawman arguments.

Solids MAY leave a person satiated longer than liquids, but don't alter metabolism. Carbs are neither dirty nor clean, they just are. Complaining about one carb while admitting to eating carb laden fruits is laughable. As pointed out, identify the chemical compounds ... and correctly spell them all ... in a blueberry without looking it up ... or an orange, piece of meat, etc. The if you can't spell it line of attacking a food fails to hold up to any scrutiny.