I wonder if they realise…

Options
123457»

Replies

• El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The only error I see is in the way you think.

Agreed
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Many of the posts to this OP focused on it affects them, not me, keep mouth shut, etc. Well, the way I see it, as an American, is it DOES affect me. ONE reason health insurance costs go up due to unhealthy folks on the plan with self-induced illnesses such as type 2 diabetes. As a nation as a whole, we are fat and obese, and most either don't care, don't know, or whatever. It does affect me and I strongly feel we should help educate others.

My workplace introduced the wellness plan that rewards employees who are healthy; sugar level under 100, healthy BMI, and other 'stats' being in the healthy range. I pay less monthly for premiums than someone who is not healthy. This is one way to reward me for making mostly good choices and staying healthy.

As a society we have to wake up and stop the mentality that it's their problem, not mine.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with 1500 calories?

You don't know how many these people need to eat a day to stay healthy. Or whether or not they will be exercising later to burn it off.

jealous.jpg

I have to agree with this. Since I started long distance running I find myself hungry most of the time after eating at a calorie deficit so long and taking a while to adjust to eating bigger meals/more often to compensate for my maintaining calories and exercise calories, I tend to eat a lot in front of other as I get half way through my day on 200 calories and the think "crap, I have at least 2000 calories to burn through today!". So when someone says they are ordering a pizza I'm like yeah get me some of that! And some cake!
    You don't know what kind of lifestyle these people lead and whilst it isn't healthy to eat like this every day, as a treat once in a while particularly if they maintain a healthy lifestyle is totally fine. And not really your concern.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Many of the posts to this OP focused on it affects them, not me, keep mouth shut, etc. Well, the way I see it, as an American, is it DOES affect me. ONE reason health insurance costs go up due to unhealthy folks on the plan with self-induced illnesses such as type 2 diabetes. As a nation as a whole, we are fat and obese, and most either don't care, don't know, or whatever. It does affect me and I strongly feel we should help educate others.

My workplace introduced the wellness plan that rewards employees who are healthy; sugar level under 100, healthy BMI, and other 'stats' being in the healthy range. I pay less monthly for premiums than someone who is not healthy. This is one way to reward me for making mostly good choices and staying healthy.

As a society we have to wake up and stop the mentality that it's their problem, not mine.

Wait, so these poor people have one crazy day for someone's birthday and order a dominoes and suddenly they are the reason for the obesity issue in the USA?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I REALIZE IT
    i research stuff before i eat it
    if i chos e to eat it . i exercise and stay under calories
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    If you're aesthetic you can even say stupid stuff that most people would get made fun of if they said it. It sort of gives you a free pass to do and say whatever without people thinking you're aspie.
    Wait, so are you actually trying to say its OK to be dumb as long as you look good? :laugh:

WOW...just.....wow :noway:
    Not dumb, but you can say ridiculous stuff that other people can't get away with. For example, let's look at the father of aesthetics, Zyzz. Show me an unfit person that can get away with saying half of the stuff he used to say.
    that's where I disagree. there is a high connection with steroids usage and Left ventricular hypertrophy. His mom was a cardiologist and didn't get a hold of that?

combined with clen, DNP, sauna, ecstacy, and coke.

its probably the reason why he died.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Have you ever spoke out and highlighted the error in your colleagues eating habits?

Oh, you are going to be very popular, I just know it.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sometimes when a person judges that someone's deeds are incorrect it can sometimes be a reflection on how he or she feels about her self.
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My only duty is to take care of myself while others have to take care of themselves. It's called working my own inventory.

What a great expression....working your own inventory. I think I may need to borrow that one! :-)
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Next time, maybe pitch in by bringing a fruit tray? Then you get to participate in the party, eat something healthy, and maybe encourage some others while not being preachy?
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    If you're aesthetic you can even say stupid stuff that most people would get made fun of if they said it. It sort of gives you a free pass to do and say whatever without people thinking you're aspie.
    Wait, so are you actually trying to say its OK to be dumb as long as you look good? :laugh:

Not dumb, but you can say ridiculous stuff that other people can't get away with. For example, let's look at the father of aesthetics, Zyzz. Show me an unfit person that can get away with saying half of the stuff he used to say.
    that's where I disagree. there is a high connection with steroids usage and Left ventricular hypertrophy. His mom was a cardiologist and didn't get a hold of that?

Not sure how that's relevant.

What I'm saying is that he would prance around and flex and say "U 'mirin, bro?" and other things that an unfit person could never get away with.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

What I'm saying is that he would prance around and flex and say "U 'mirin, bro?" and other things that an unfit person could never get away with.

being fit is more than being "aesthetic". he dumped so many hormonal substances into himself it could have led to his demise.

4 years of aesthetics is not worth death.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I interned for a nutrition agency that celebrated birthdays in a similar way. Multiple cakes, cookies, ice cream...but they were mostly registered dietitians, so they knew eating like that once and a while is just fine.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My point is that someone who is a medical professional should not be obese. It is hypocritical of them to be in that state.
    When I was going off to nursing school I dropped 50 lbs in the course of 6 months. You are supposed to be an example for people of proper self health management and that cannot be attained if you are obese

And of course medical professionals should not smoke or drink either.

Funny, my GP's bottle recycling box is even more full than mine and its not just pasta sauce jars!:wink:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

Wait, so these poor people have one crazy day for someone's birthday and order a dominoes and suddenly they are the reason for the obesity issue in the USA?

Particularly as they are in Glasgow (which last time I looked was in Scotland).:laugh:

Before I started losing weight I went on one of those calculators (via the BBC news website) which says how overweight you are compared with the rest of your country - set for the UK 40% of poeple were more overweight than me, set for the US 60% were more overweight. Yes, obseity is a cost but as healthcare is funded differntly in the UK and US the arguments do differ slightly. I'm not starting a debate about rights or wrongs, just saying.:flowerforyou:
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    How not to make friends and influence people....by telling them what they eat is crap and that they shouldn't be enjoying celebrating birthday/whatever exactly how they please.

It's a trap many many new dieter's full into. They start losing weight/have reached goal and think it's their god given right to correct everyone's 'bad' eating habits. They seem to forget that not everyone actually wants to lose weight/get fit/do what they are doing.

Don't worry it will pass.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!!!!!!!!! And for 1500 cals???? Count me in!! :love:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

being fit is more than being "aesthetic". he dumped so many hormonal substances into himself it could have led to his demise.

4 years of aesthetics is not worth death.
    I'm still thinking people walked away from him saying stuff like that and said "WOW, what a good-looking IDIOT" :laugh:

Edited to add...then again, seeing what people say (and believe) on this site...maybe not so much :huh:
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The only time I really think like this is when my co-workers give me the glare of judgement when I pass on something they think it absolutely irresistible or when they tell me they're "worried about me" when I pass up on the take-out they've bought the whole office when I've brought my own lunch. Those are the times that frustrate me. I choose my splurges, not the people surrounding me. Other than that, I don't really care what they eat.

This. I think it is in human nature to judge. For everyone saying, "don't judge", well, try not to judge, but that's what we do. I used to judge skinny people when I was fat, now I judge fat people since I am slim...I do try not to, and I do keep my thoughts to myself, but I think human mind's jump to those things.

I have people criticize me all the time for not eating junk. I eat a vegan diet so I pass up almost everything at work and bring my own food to some events. I don't say anything to anyone about their food choices, but people make comments about mine all the time. I actually had a church friend wave a brownie in my face...I think she was proving my willpower or something???

Anyways, I think we should try to be kind to each other about all life choices, but it is challenging!

MFP is a great outlet to get feedback and support for these tricky situations. :)