What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Agree, my resilience for dealing with all sorts of stress has improved dramatically since dropping from overweight to normal. I not only have better reserves but give less of a f@&k what anyone else thinks as well! Win win.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    That trying new ways of eating is easy if you know how to get nutrients and track calories.
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member

When I hear songs I workout to OUTSIDE of the studio.

(1) keeps me up on popular music with the younger crowd.

(2) serves as a reminder of my goals

• bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    That a year goes by fast. I'm so glad I started when I did. I have a projection of 4-6 months to goal weight and it doesn't seem right after having tried so long before and not getting anywhere. It's like, no, it really is still working.

Congrats!! I dropped off pretty hard after June. This year is to complete this step of the journey!!

Making this thread (and others) my daily devotional.
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    I have lost about 30lbs. I am shocked by how many clothes I have had to give away or donate. I didn't even think I had that many clothes, but I've probably gotten rid of 3-4 garbage bags worth! I need to start being more frugal until I get to goal! I guess I went a bit crazy last year because my weightloss was so slow.
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    How good it feels (and frustrating at the same time) when someone tells me that I don't need to lose any more weight!
  • caitlinrennes
    caitlinrennes Posts: 49 Member
    How good it feels (and frustrating at the same time) when someone tells me that I don't need to lose any more weight!

This! Heard it only 2 days ago!

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member

I was told that twice when I was still morbidly obese :neutral: I hear it now a lot and I'm a lot closer to goal, but I still have a belly that is noticeable, so I'm never sure how to take it.
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member

This! Heard it only 2 days ago!

My family told me this repeatedly when I was visiting for Christmas! However, my BMI still has me in the "overweight" range.
  • brookej8688
    brookej8688 Posts: 93 Member
    How good it feels to go down a belt notch.

Bad parts? Not getting to have mountains of FOOD
    Missing sweet drinks
    Having to throw away clothes and buy new ones (both a bad and good point)

I don't throw away clothes, I always donate them, it makes me feel good to know someone else can always use what I can't anymore.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    My underarmor thermal underwear no longer cut into my ankles after wearing them most of the day. They fit better than when I bought years ago.
  • KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    -Being able to cross my one leg over the other while sitting
    -being able to sit "Indian" style in a chair
    -having people not believe me when I say I used to be almost 200 pounds, and then seeing their shocked reactions when I show them a before and after picture
    -looking at my legs and still "seeing" a size 16 leg, but knowing I am a size 4. (This is a big one, not knowing how much the psychological stuff affects you even after losing all the weight)
    -being a little over bearing on my family for drinking soda/eating sweets non-stop
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Things I'm loving:
    - Being my lowest adult weight. Ever.
    - My teeny tiny waist
    - The extra energy I have now
    - Treating my body with the due care and respect it's always deserved

Things I wasn't prepared for:
    - Family/friends saying they want to also lose weight and then in the same breath start making excuses for why they can't.
    - How long it would take for my brain to catch up with my body. I've lost 2 st and 2 dress sizes in the last year and even though I know that I'm so much smaller and I can see the huge difference, even now when someone compliments me, calls me pretty, or straight-up hits on me, a part of me doesn't believe they could be genuine. It's like I keep forgetting I'm not overweight anymore.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!