What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• dharbeck24
    dharbeck24 Posts: 8 Member
    ... I miss my favorite T-shirt..no longer made so I can't get my new size.
  • patty_36_2
    patty_36_2 Posts: 22 Member
    dn0pes wrote: »
    My butt is now boney and hurts when I sit in chairs.

Yep.. This is the one which reminds me the most of how much I lost.. Im sitting up right now, no slouching on the sofa anymore :( lol
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    How you reAlly can eat what you want if you do it right.
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    I tried on UK size 10 dress, it fitted, I bought the size 12 - my brain isn't ready!! When does the brain catch up???
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    getitamb wrote: »

^^This so much! I had exactly what I wanted at Chik-fil-a last night, and it fit perfectly in my calories for the day.

One of my own to add (finally). That you can sometimes get this weird dissociative feeling when looking at random body parts, thinking "those can't be my thighs... they're not big enough."
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    - The self-control you learn during dieting is also useful as self-control with other social situations
    - Feeling more in control of cravings, especially at parties
    - Getting yourself up after a bad day costs so much energy, but the day after you will be glad you did it
  • terrienne
    terrienne Posts: 5 Member
    -Being able to cross your legs when sitting.
    -When acquaintances notice your weight loss and ask how you've done it.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    k80flec wrote: »
    I tried on UK size 10 dress, it fitted, I bought the size 12 - my brain isn't ready!! When does the brain catch up???

I understand! I'm over 2 and a half years maintaining and my brain still hasn't fully caught up. Still can't believe I wear medium/sometimes small clothes. They look so small to me when I look at it, but they fit perfectly.
  • astgte
    astgte Posts: 81 Member
    sadie1164 wrote: »
    kar328 wrote: »
    sadie1164 wrote: »
    I am surprised I eat more food while losing weight than I did while gaining. Its all about the choices.
    kgb6days wrote: »
    How cold you get without a thick pad of insulation

That's the realest! I'm cold all the time now!!
    Things I'm loving:
    - Being my lowest adult weight. Ever.
    - My teeny tiny waist
    - The extra energy I have now
    - Treating my body with the due care and respect it's always deserved

Things I wasn't prepared for:
    - Family/friends saying they want to also lose weight and then in the same breath start making excuses for why they can't.
    - How long it would take for my brain to catch up with my body. I've lost 2 st and 2 dress sizes in the last year and even though I know that I'm so much smaller and I can see the huge difference, even now when someone compliments me, calls me pretty, or straight-up hits on me, a part of me doesn't believe they could be genuine. It's like I keep forgetting I'm not overweight anymore.

I wonder if my brain will ever catch up with my body...Not seeing what people are saying.

I didn't see it either, until I printed out two face pictures, one two months before I started this, and one at the fifty pound loss mark, then laid them side by side. Only then was I able to see it.

I have before and now pictures and still doesn't seem real..

Same here, I can look at myself in the mirror and not see the new me, I know im in way smaller clothes, I know that people tell me that im like a skinny brother I dont have but when I see pictures I cant believe its me. I just dont see that in the mirror
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    terrienne wrote: »
    - Being able to cross your legs when sitting.
    -When acquaintances notice your weight loss and ask how you've done it.

I came here today to write exactly this!! Omg I didn't notice at first and I just remembered how hard it was just a few lbs ago
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    pandyg180 wrote: »
    Wanted to make this thread for motivationial purposes more than anything but they don't all have to be super positive! More of what came as a surprise. I'll start..

- how much confidence it will actually bring, especially when strangers start treating you like royalty all of a sudden!

- Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable.

- how vain you will become! I can't walk past a mirror without checking how I look nowadays!

Your turn!
    - How much day in and day out you constantly think about the whole process...food and the decisions you have to make, how much of that I can eat so that I reserve calories to have when meeting friends for dinner, how much you hope to lose in the next week, what time you will go workout, not feeling like working out and forcing yourself to go so you don't feel guilty, what size you hope you will be on your next clothes shopping trip, ...the list goes on lol!

Yes yes and yes. And if you cook your own food to be more accurate, I summed it up once as: planning, shopping, chopping, slicing, dicing, cutting, peeling, weighing, cooking
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    -Being able to cross my one leg over the other while sitting
    -being able to sit "Indian" style in a chair
    -having people not believe me when I say I used to be almost 200 pounds, and then seeing their shocked reactions when I show them a before and after picture
    -looking at my legs and still "seeing" a size 16 leg, but knowing I am a size 4. (This is a big one, not knowing how much the psychological stuff affects you even after losing all the weight)
    -being a little over bearing on my family for drinking soda/eating sweets non-stop

I have the same experience with still "seeing" my size 16 body, even though I know I am a MUCH smaller size now! I wonder how long it will take to get used to?
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    No one told me that it would hurt so much more for my 80lb dog to climb in my lap! I am so much bonier than I was before!
  • Lose2Cruise2016
    Lose2Cruise2016 Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2016
    pandyg180 wrote: »
    - How you feel when reflecting back on your journey and feeling a little sad when thinking about how you waited so long to do this for the sake of your health and self-esteem. Although I'm very happy with my weight loss so far and am excited about the future I wish I would have had the mindset to start much sooner than I did.

THIS is me. I finally decided that I simply cannot turn 50 in this body. Better late than never. I hope to come back to this thread soon with discoveries of my own.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited January 2016
    Ruatine wrote: »
    getitamb wrote: »

^^This so much! I had exactly what I wanted at Chik-fil-a last night, and it fit perfectly in my calories for the day.

One of my own to add (finally). That you can sometimes get this weird dissociative feeling when looking at random body parts, thinking "those can't be my thighs... they're not big enough."

This happens to me ALL the time! Specifically with my thighs! :lol:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!