What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Have the same problem and it will continue for a while... my husband has been using mine for rags...
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    My DH said I now look like a hobo in my winter coat. Maybe I should shop for a new one....
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    nuffer wrote: »
    I now have a drawer of ridiculously large t-shirts from events I've done in the past. I don't want to get rid of them because I had fun at those, but when I put them on, I look like a hobo that robbed a thrift store and ended up with a night shirt.

(this message is not making fun of hobos, or thrift stores, both of which I favor)

I have a bunch of old band t-shirts in large and extra-large, I'm now wearing a small. I don't want to get rid of them so have just started basically cutting them up and re-sewing them, using a shirt that fits as a template. Works great so long as the front and back print are small enough on the originals that they don't get cut through.

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    how my shirts aren't just too wide, but now too long!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    JMRod wrote: »
    Walking into Lane Bryant to buy new bras and being told, "we don't carry your size". I had to go to Victoria's Secret:-)

That's awesome!!!!
  • SteveM567
    SteveM567 Posts: 4 Member
    Having people ask if you've been ill .....
    Colleagues telling you you don't need to lose any more weight .. or don't lose too much ..
    Putting on clothes I love but haven't fitted into for years :).
    Getting a buzz from exercise after years of avoiding it !

• Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    how my shirts aren't just too wide, but now too long!

I find those great to use when I do house cleaning with bleach. I do not care if i get some bleach on it and streak it. They also protect the rest of my clothing.
  • white_jeep_girl
    white_jeep_girl Posts: 2 Member
    - Cold!! All. The. Time! I hope this means I won't be so hot and sweaty come summer
  • ndachndlr
    ndachndlr Posts: 8 Member
    So inspirational
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    samgamgee wrote: »
    Also, nobody told me that doing C25K would turn me into someone who craves a run on rest days. WHO AM I?!

My family swears I was abducted by aliens! :smiley:
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Robo_mooh wrote: »
    samgamgee wrote: »
    That sometimes it just doesn't make sense! My partner (also logging here) occasionally likes to wolf down a packet of huge triple chocolate cookies as a treat. At 1200 calories a pack on top of his lunch and dinner it puts him over his maintenance, but WITHOUT FAIL he has always lost weight the next morning! It's got to the point where 'magic cookies' has become a running joke with us. Seriously, he dropped 0.8 lbs this morning (he weighs daily). It's not like he goes over his calories too often so maybe the occasional cookie binge is triggering a whoosh or something - it's so funny (and I am pretty jealous).

Also, nobody told me that doing C25K would turn me into someone who craves a run on rest days. WHO AM I?!

... So... uhh what brand are those cookies? For scientific purposes :D

I want ot know as well. (For scientific purposes)
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Hehe, for science! Tesco Finest Triple Chocolate ;) 310 calories each, my word.
  • sadie1164
    sadie1164 Posts: 7 Member
    ndachndlr wrote: »
    So inspirational
    - Cold!! All. The. Time! I hope this means I won't be so hot and sweaty come summer

I am cold all the time...season doesn't make a difference....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!