What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    edited April 2016
    nuffer wrote: »
    Your xyphoid is at the bottom of your sternum. Mine pokes out now as well, I think it's from being fat for so long as I don't recall it protruding 30 years ago...

My xyphoid process pokes out a lot more after pregnancy. My big baby pushed my rib cage out a little, permanently.
  • sandrachis
    sandrachis Posts: 52 Member
    Don't get me wrong ~ though I love my changing body, my increased energy levels I do not like the way I get aches and pains due to exercising! I wish that there was some way for me to exercise without getting injured!

• Tierasaurus
    Tierasaurus Posts: 7 Member
    One of my biggest things was learning how to nest my knees for sleeping at night.

Right!? My knees are never comfortable now. It's like I have to put my comforter between them!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited April 2016
    There are some days when your mind totally tricks you and you feel like you didn't lose enough and other days when you can't stop looking at yourself in the mirror !

I 100% agree with this. Some days I'm so happy with myself and some days I still feel like I'm a big, fat hot mess.
  • dreamsmyselr
    dreamsmyselr Posts: 3 Member
    How much time I spend thinking about food (in a good way), and for me especially exercise. I think about what my workouts are going to be all the time and can't wait until I can get to the gym to kill it.
    That you have to allow yourself a treat occasionally and not come down on yourself for giving in to temptation.
    How much better you will sleep!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    One of my biggest things was learning how to nest my knees for sleeping at night.

Right!? My knees are never comfortable now. It's like I have to put my comforter between them!

Me, too. Some nights they are fine. Others, like last night :( I felt uncomfy most of the night.
  • msjeep
    msjeep Posts: 29 Member
    After losing a lot of weight I too started having cold hands and generally feeling colder. I think it maybe my metabolism has slowed so much after being on a diet for years.
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Still being unsatisfied.

I remember being nearly 50 pounds heavier and wishing I was around the weight I am now. Now don't get me wrong, it's amazing how much better I feel and how much stronger I am, but back then I never would have thought I would still be not happy with my physique at this weight.

I still want lower bodyfat and more muscle gains.

So true!

The gym keep nagging to put my before/after pics on the wall but I'm not anywhere near finished yet!
  • goodrichalicia
    goodrichalicia Posts: 5 Member
    To feel incontrol of your body
  • Jeffrey300050
    Jeffrey300050 Posts: 93 Member
    HAHA Love the mirror comment! You go girl!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Why are my hands always cold? They never used to be when I was heavy. Oh well, it's a small price to pay for being healthier. Maybe the summers will be more tolerable now.

I heard that some vitamin deficiencies cause cold hands and feet.... I want to say Vitamin d and b-12... You might look it up though, i'm not 100% sure...
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    edited April 2016
    Having to replace all my shoes because my feet got smaller. Da *kitten*? Also my shoes. My beautiful shoes! The saddest part is that they've all been replaced with trainers.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!