What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    That loose skin was even an issue. I'd never even heard of this until a year ago. I was seeing what looked like a weird bit of sagging and turned out to be some loose skin. It's not crazy or anything (yet, I have 40 lbs to go after loosing 68) but I had NO idea about it. I had been larger when I was younger and never saw this happen to me, but I was a lot younger then too and hadn't been too big for very long...

• fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    astgte wrote: »
    How annoying it actually is to go down a few sizes. I hate buying boring work clothes, but now my work clothes are huge on me. I'm wearing a belt or the pants fall right off. I'm trying to make them last as long as possible so I don't waste a bunch of money. I have one pair in the correct size.

This. After 95 pounds, I've had to buy all new shoes....
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    That the less fat you carry on your belly, the more bloated you look after a big meal.
    When I was bigger I could eat a huge meal and it wouldn't make a difference to my appearance because I had so much padding anyway. Now, without the fat to disguise it, if I eat a large meal I get so bloated I look like I'm heavily pregnant :o

• sunshyneson
    sunshyneson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Getting up in the morning is way easier because the pay off is great! Gotta get the workout in!!!

Eating more protein is difficult... hitting the calorie/macro marks are not always easy and it's not over eating... it's under eating some days! Ugh

Love the confidence... hate when I feel "fat" even though I know I'm not and I'm still doing well... such a horrible mindset

How miserable missing my workouts can make me!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @tatirod I can relate. I had yo yo weight wise for 40 years and about wrecked my health for the last time. It was when I said NO MORE to dieting and HELLO to eating for health that my life/health started to improve.

@NealNH after being at 200 down from 250 (several times) I still see my gut that is not flat yet. There are times I have trouble standing but it is a mental thing not a lack of physical ability to do so. For years it was so painful to just stand and my brain still remembers that. Finally finding a macro that works for me without thought and cravings makes staying on my WOE easy.

I do now notice people who look the way I did. While it is not socially acceptable I often want to share the way I learned to eat especially after I watched them eat at 1200 calorie meal and refilled their large drink twice.

Currently I working on me. Like I was many in the general public or even on MFP just never are going to be motivated to eat for their own health rather than to lose weight so others will like them.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    NealNH wrote: »
    That even though I am happy to have lost 77 pounds (35 to go) and I can see the difference, I no longer feel like me. When I walk or engage in an activity I feel off balance and like I am leaning forward when I walk. It is really odd to feel like a stranger to myself. I expect that it will pass once I get to my goal and stay there a while but for now it is a little disturbing.

I feel much the same way (I'm down 180 with another 50ish to go). My body feels very foreign and just not like "me." However, the further I get from my highest, the better it's getting. Or maybe it's just time working its magic. Congrats on your losses so far, you're doing a great job!
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    GaleHawkins: Congratulations on doing a great job.

MimiOfTheLusciousLawn: Wow, super job and so close to your goal. It definitely feels better being lighter and I am so glad I have done it but it is going to take some getting used to. I was put on a diet by a doctor when I was in the 6th grade because I weighed 160 pounds as best I can remember so this is a life long problem. In high school and most of my adult life I was around 260 to 290 and when I dieted I would get down to 180 but not for long. When I reach my goal I will weigh slightly less than I did in the 6th grade.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!