What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    girlgroves wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that period pains are worse?!

Mine got worse to the point of being invalid 1 day each month and not good for much another 5-6 days, but that was only coincidence, as I developed a slight problem fully unrelated to weight-loss.

I suggest mentioning that the next time you have your regular yearly checkup at the gyn. It's always worth mentioning when something changes.

Hmmm - thanks ladyreva, I will. Just wondered if it was to be expected?!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that period pains are worse?!

Mine got worse to the point of being invalid 1 day each month and not good for much another 5-6 days, but that was only coincidence, as I developed a slight problem fully unrelated to weight-loss.

I suggest mentioning that the next time you have your regular yearly checkup at the gyn. It's always worth mentioning when something changes.

Hmmm - thanks ladyreva, I will. Just wondered if it was to be expected?!

Well, weight loss can change your period, that is a fact. For example, lose weight too extremely and you might lose it. It might become irregular or the intervals might change. How it would affect the pain surrounding the whole messy business, I'm not sure. Reason why it's always better to ask someone qualified when something changes in the body.

This thread http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10359984/women-menstrual-cycle-weight-and-fitness-matters/p1 has a wealth of information and pretty knowledgeable people keeping an eye on it. Might be worth posting your question there. :smile:
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    That I would get "approached" by random still-drunk men with far greater frequency in the morning. I thought I'd cultivated resting, er... cross kitten face with better success than that.

So I'm guessing you have no personal experience with 'beer goggles'

Reading facial expressions is one of the first things to go when on a bender.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    wellnessresources.com/weight_tips/articles/detoxification_during_weight_loss/

We all can have some weird changes when fat cells are dumping their contents during major weight loss especially if it is fast weight loss. Most of the time they can be short term but not always plus a new health issue that is not even diet related may appear so we have to be mindful of that possibility.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    That I would get "approached" by random still-drunk men with far greater frequency in the morning. I thought I'd cultivated resting, er... cross kitten face with better success than that.

Yeeeees, I did think beer goggles were a factor. The booze fumes were a hint. ;) Nevertheless, the sharp uptick in awkward interactions with fellow commuters was still unanticipated. Being very obviously reading or being nose-deep in a pad of A4 paper making notes is no longer sufficient to guarantee me peace.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    The band size is the actual measurement in inches, but the cup size is how many inches bigger your breasts are than your rib cage. So as you lose weight, the comparison between the two measurements may change, or it may not. Like, if your band size goes down a lot, but your boobs don't shrink much, your cup size will go up. If they shrink equally, your cup size could stay the same.

I was a 44G; am now a 36DD. So my boobs are shrinking faster than my rib cage.

I went from 40G/40H to 38DDD. I can almost actually buy bras at a real store and not in the big girl boobies seciton.

I was telling my husband that my goal is to have "sporty boobs". He laughed, and then looked sad. :)

I would love sporty boobs! I think that would make hubby sad, also. Mine have always been proportionately large, so I'm not sure sporty boobs is a realistic goal for me, but seriously a 38DD would be DREAMY.

Omg I would love sporty boobs! I remember when I was 14 being a 34DD. I would take that again!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Yeeeees, I did think beer goggles were a factor. The booze fumes were a hint. ;) Nevertheless, the sharp uptick in awkward interactions with fellow commuters was still unanticipated. Being very obviously reading or being nose-deep in a pad of A4 paper making notes is no longer sufficient to guarantee me peace.
    Well, it's not the Non Scale Victory you were hoping for, but you might as well take it as a win, in the greater scheme of things.
    Well, when you put it like that, I suppose it may balance out actually getting various non-scale literal victories these past few months! I'm still walking on air after winning a trophy last weekend, and I don't think I'd give that win up for having more peace on public transport.

Having both would be nice though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!