What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• New55me
    New55me Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    mazmataz wrote: »
    everher wrote: »

For example, I went out the other night and got a "light" option that I feel is just as tasty as the full calorie option, but I just felt like I was that woman you know? The one who isn't overweight, but is getting the low calorie option and you're wondering why because it's not like she's fat.

Oh dear yes, all of this. Ordering a salad, because I want a salad and get looks of "why are you ordering a salad, you can eat whatever you want, you're not fat". Clothing, well, they do make most things in an extra small. Or we could just shop in the children's section, it's cheaper anyways. And who knows, you'll just have to find a way to rock that Dora the Explorer t-shirt!

Going back to this ^

I met a guy a few years ago and we became mates. He was/is your average young, slim good looking guy in his early 20s...I just assumed because he was so slender (and spent a lot of time in the gym), like most blokes his build and age, he had a lightening speed metabolism and could eat like a horse. I then noticed that on nights out he would drink vodka/gin with diet tonic or diet coke when the other guys were on pints. I also spotted that when we went out together as a group for food, occasionally he wouldn't join in or would order something really small, just saying that he ate loads earlier.

Eventually I got to know him enough to ask him about this, and he just laughed, pulled up a photo on his phone and said "that's why!". It turns out he used to be really overweight, put in the work and lost it and had been maintaining with these little tricks for several years.

It really made me think about the assumptions I make when I meet people. If I had met him whilst he was big, I wouldn't have questioned for a second why he was making these choices. It also blew my mind a little that this person that I'd only known as a fit young guy with used to be obese!

I only hope that one day I'm the one laughing and pulling the chubby photos out to explain my eating choices. Well done guys!!

HI CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE? HOW DO YOU CREATE A NEW COMMENT NOT A NEW DISCUSSION
  • New55me
    Options
    I THINK I FOUND IT THANKS
  • New55me
    Options
    I have a full wardrobe and NOTHING fits me. Só to me will be start dressing my lovely clothes and we'll take it from there
  • jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    des10705 wrote: »
    jcummings6 wrote: »
    Anyone struggle with how to respond when people tell you that you look good? I'm trying to figure out what it is that makes me feel uncomfortable. When I had lost some weight but was still bigger than most of my friends I loved sharing my progress but now I'm smaller than most of my friends and I feel really uncomfortable sharing when I meet another fitness or weight loss goal.

I usually tell them "Thank You, its a battle everyday, but so worth it"
    Enjoy the compliment you worked HARD for it

I really like that, thank you. I've found that a simple "Thank you" doesn't turn the attention away, it's almost like I need a closing line after. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!