What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    edited November 2018
    adchak wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced hair loss while losing weight?
    I am 5ft 7 inches female Indian, srarted at 203 lbs in June 2018 snd down to 183 in Nov. i did this by caloriedefcit stucking to low carb diet. Tracked calories 1200-1300 some days went to 1000 macros 100 gm protein, 40-60 gms carbs, fat 60/70 gms. All my test results are normal but since Aug 2018 myhair is sheddingvlike crazy, long strands just keep coming out. I’ve been takin Biotin 20,000 mcg once a day (2 capsules 10,000 mcg) but no respite. Pl HELP!!!! Im going crazy tryg to think of ways. Will this ever stop???

Yes I'm having that problem now too, and I haven't figured out how to stop it either. I did start taking iodine drops on top of all the other vitamins because I had all the symptoms of iodine deficiency so maybe that will help.

• smantha32
    edited November 2018
    Forgot to mention that I am 43. Have always had long thick beautiful hair. Ive suffered from hypothyroidism since I was 15 and havegone through several rounds of losing hair due to TSH being too low or too high butit went away everytime after adjusting my medication. For thefirst time myhairisshedding profusely notdue to thyroid. Am I eatg too less? Iused to be on 1500/1600 cals anddid not lose wt so Inhad to cut down.

I'm having it too. I'm eating 1300-1400 right now but there was a period where I was eating a lot less. I had to add some things I cut out back in because I wasn't getting enough calories. Now I'm consistently eating 1200-1400 and the hair loss hasn't stopped yet.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that I am 43. Have always had long thick beautiful hair. Ive suffered from hypothyroidism since I was 15 and havegone through several rounds of losing hair due to TSH being too low or too high butit went away everytime after adjusting my medication. For thefirst time myhairisshedding profusely notdue to thyroid. Am I eatg too less? Iused to be on 1500/1600 cals anddid not lose wt so Inhad to cut down.

I'm having it too. I'm eating 1300-1400 right now but there was a period where I was eating a lot less. I had to add some things I cut out back in because I wasn't getting enough calories. Now I'm consistently eating 1200-1400 and the hair loss hasn't stopped yet.

If it's from poor nutrition/low calories, it could take some time (think about 6 months).
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    @smantha32 and @adchak I think if I was showing significant hair loss I would be talking to my doctor - blood tests may help identify the cause x
  • smantha32
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    smantha32 wrote: »

If it's from poor nutrition/low calories, it could take some time (think about 6 months).

Well that sucks.. lol

• jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Anyhoo, about a few weeks ago, I started eating/adding simple chilled iceberg lettuce salads to my main meal. WOW...I'm so in love with chilled Avocado Caesar salads, simple chilled iceberg, tomato, red onion salads and chilled iceberg salads in general--I LOVE THEM NOW and have one daily.

I LOVE crunchy iceberg lettuce! Adding avocado will definitely make it more filling- that's a great idea!

• jenny100986
    jenny100986 Posts: 19 Member
    bump
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    My clothing keeps getting longer. With less material being taken up by girth, one of my shirts is nearly long enough to wear as a (very short) skirt, and I am nearly tripping over the bottoms of my stretch pants. Almost time for new cloths.

Wheee, shopping! :smiley:

I hate shopping. I'm hopping my pants will stay on until January. I might have to pull out a bungee cord to use as a belt.

I hate shopping too. But I hate it less now.

Probably don't want to lose your pants - but drafty.

Especially as the thermostat keeps dropping. Way too much hanging out in the breeze! I expect in about another 30 lbs, I'll be so excited to go shopping for some new clothes. I would love to be able to get by with what I already have until then.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!