Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

1422423425427428483

Replies

  • adchakadchak Posts: 52Member Member Posts: 52Member Member
    Has anyone experienced hair loss while losing weight?
    I am 5ft 7 inches female Indian, srarted at 203 lbs in June 2018 snd down to 183 in Nov. i did this by caloriedefcit stucking to low carb diet. Tracked calories 1200-1300 some days went to 1000 macros 100 gm protein, 40-60 gms carbs, fat 60/70 gms. All my test results are normal but since Aug 2018 myhair is sheddingvlike crazy, long strands just keep coming out. I’ve been takin Biotin 20,000 mcg once a day (2 capsules 10,000 mcg) but no respite. Pl HELP!!!! Im going crazy tryg to think of ways. Will this ever stop???
    Lab results from Nov 9
    Lab tests on 11/9
    TSH 1.07
    Free T4 1.2 (.5-1.7 ng/dL)
    Free T3: 2.5 (2.5 to 5.5 pg/ml)
    Ferritin 154 ng/mL (11 to 307 ng/mL)
    Cortisol 9.7 ug/dL (5 to 25 ug/dL)
    Vit D 34.4 (30 to 100 ng/mL)
    Vit B12 390 pg/mL (180 to 933)
    Testosterone 17 ng/dL (0 to 100 ng/dL)
    Free testosterone 1.0 (.2 to 5.0)
    Glucose 92 (65 to 100 mg/dL)
    Freeinsulin 6.7 (0-17)
    Total insulin issame 6.7 (0-17)
  • adchakadchak Posts: 52Member Member Posts: 52Member Member
    Forgot to mention that I am 43. Have always had long thick beautiful hair. Ive suffered from hypothyroidism since I was 15 and havegone through several rounds of losing hair due to TSH being too low or too high butit went away everytime after adjusting my medication. For thefirst time myhairisshedding profusely notdue to thyroid. Am I eatg too less? Iused to be on 1500/1600 cals anddid not lose wt so Inhad to cut down.
  • smantha32smantha32 Posts: 7,014Member Member Posts: 7,014Member Member
    adchak wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced hair loss while losing weight?
    I am 5ft 7 inches female Indian, srarted at 203 lbs in June 2018 snd down to 183 in Nov. i did this by caloriedefcit stucking to low carb diet. Tracked calories 1200-1300 some days went to 1000 macros 100 gm protein, 40-60 gms carbs, fat 60/70 gms. All my test results are normal but since Aug 2018 myhair is sheddingvlike crazy, long strands just keep coming out. I’ve been takin Biotin 20,000 mcg once a day (2 capsules 10,000 mcg) but no respite. Pl HELP!!!! Im going crazy tryg to think of ways. Will this ever stop???

    Yes I'm having that problem now too, and I haven't figured out how to stop it either. I did start taking iodine drops on top of all the other vitamins because I had all the symptoms of iodine deficiency so maybe that will help.






    edited November 2018
  • smantha32smantha32 Posts: 7,014Member Member Posts: 7,014Member Member
    adchak wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that I am 43. Have always had long thick beautiful hair. Ive suffered from hypothyroidism since I was 15 and havegone through several rounds of losing hair due to TSH being too low or too high butit went away everytime after adjusting my medication. For thefirst time myhairisshedding profusely notdue to thyroid. Am I eatg too less? Iused to be on 1500/1600 cals anddid not lose wt so Inhad to cut down.

    I'm having it too. I'm eating 1300-1400 right now but there was a period where I was eating a lot less. I had to add some things I cut out back in because I wasn't getting enough calories. Now I'm consistently eating 1200-1400 and the hair loss hasn't stopped yet.
    edited November 2018
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Posts: 14,783Member Member Posts: 14,783Member Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    adchak wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that I am 43. Have always had long thick beautiful hair. Ive suffered from hypothyroidism since I was 15 and havegone through several rounds of losing hair due to TSH being too low or too high butit went away everytime after adjusting my medication. For thefirst time myhairisshedding profusely notdue to thyroid. Am I eatg too less? Iused to be on 1500/1600 cals anddid not lose wt so Inhad to cut down.

    I'm having it too. I'm eating 1300-1400 right now but there was a period where I was eating a lot less. I had to add some things I cut out back in because I wasn't getting enough calories. Now I'm consistently eating 1200-1400 and the hair loss hasn't stopped yet.

    If it's from poor nutrition/low calories, it could take some time (think about 6 months).
  • motivatedmarthamotivatedmartha Posts: 1,078Member Member Posts: 1,078Member Member
    @smantha32 and @adchak I think if I was showing significant hair loss I would be talking to my doctor - blood tests may help identify the cause x
  • smantha32smantha32 Posts: 7,014Member Member Posts: 7,014Member Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    smantha32 wrote: »
    adchak wrote: »
    Forgot to mention that I am 43. Have always had long thick beautiful hair. Ive suffered from hypothyroidism since I was 15 and havegone through several rounds of losing hair due to TSH being too low or too high butit went away everytime after adjusting my medication. For thefirst time myhairisshedding profusely notdue to thyroid. Am I eatg too less? Iused to be on 1500/1600 cals anddid not lose wt so Inhad to cut down.

    I'm having it too. I'm eating 1300-1400 right now but there was a period where I was eating a lot less. I had to add some things I cut out back in because I wasn't getting enough calories. Now I'm consistently eating 1200-1400 and the hair loss hasn't stopped yet.

    If it's from poor nutrition/low calories, it could take some time (think about 6 months).

    Well that sucks.. lol

  • jillybeansaladjillybeansalad Posts: 232Member, Premium Member Posts: 232Member, Premium Member
    Anyhoo, about a few weeks ago, I started eating/adding simple chilled iceberg lettuce salads to my main meal. WOW...I'm so in love with chilled Avocado Caesar salads, simple chilled iceberg, tomato, red onion salads and chilled iceberg salads in general--I LOVE THEM NOW and have one daily.

    I LOVE crunchy iceberg lettuce! Adding avocado will definitely make it more filling- that's a great idea!

  • jenny100986jenny100986 Posts: 11Member Member Posts: 11Member Member
Sign In or Register to comment.