Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• bluesheeponahillbluesheeponahill Posts: 152Member Member Posts: 152Member Member
    I've had to resize my ring. and I'm going to have to resize it again! I've already dropped two ring sizes, going to need to drop one more!
  • ExistingFishExistingFish Posts: 879Member Member Posts: 879Member Member
    I've had to resize my ring. and I'm going to have to resize it again! I've already dropped two ring sizes, going to need to drop one more!

Wow!

That is why mine hasn't been resized yet. I think it's safe to resize it now, but I kept putting it off because I don't want to have it done multiple times (I already had to resize it larger once :frowning: )
  • bluesheeponahillbluesheeponahill Posts: 152Member Member Posts: 152Member Member
    Wow!

That is why mine hasn't been resized yet. I think it's safe to resize it now, but I kept putting it off because I don't want to have it done multiple times (I already had to resize it larger once :frowning: )

You know the kicker here? I was a bit bloated when I got my wedding rings. I waited 4 years after birth of DD to drop the ring size conceding it was too big and it was unlikely I’d resize it anytime soon.

But then I dropped 11kgs, now need a resize but I’ll wait until I’ve hit goal weight and maintained it for a good year or two. Only 11kgs to go!
  • elisa123galelisa123gal Posts: 3,607Member Member Posts: 3,607Member Member
    smiliekiwi wrote: »

She sounds like a real peach.[/quote]
    She is ... just she’s never had a weight problem. ( only keeping it on ). So she has no idea :/

[/quote]
    I'm sure she regrets doing that and most likely feels awful about it. She probably thought she was complimenting you and never in a million years thought you'd regain the weight. Hugs from all of us!
  • RelCanonicalRelCanonical Posts: 2,855Member Member Posts: 2,855Member Member
    That going clothes shopping would actually make me feel better about my body...but also show how crazy sizing is. I have some bloating, but needed to get some shorts for a kayak trip this week with work. I shop SML at Goodwill even though I’m a medium because sizing varies so much. I felt really good about my progress because I was starting to consistently fit into smalls...but then I tried on the mediums and several of them were too tight! I was more consistent in the smalls this time, lol. I also tried on some jeans and the 10s were too big, although it was a lost cause all around because I have short legs. They all ended up being too long.
  • hobbitses333hobbitses333 Posts: 355Member Member Posts: 355Member Member
    That my thighs would look worse after losing 66 lbs.. I can see some muscle definition, but there are so many more lumps, more cellulite and large, globulous wrinkly pockets of fat at the top inside..they look deformed to me. I cant hide it anymore...they show through my pants now...my thighs chafe so easily because of these too. Even the inseams of my pants cause chafing nowadays...

It is not going to stop me tho!

Your thighs will reshape themselves and smooth out. Mine were likewise and now I am looking down and watching them transform before my eyes this past couple of weeks. It’s the weirdest thing. Sometimes this whole process is like watching one of those weird animations where something morphs into something else.

What’s even funnier now is getting in the pool and watching the fat kinda float. The pool version of the “pinch test” is a hoot.

Btw, “Springlering” is a Hobbit reference. 😘

Thanks for the reassuring words. I needed them. I just bought a new bathing suit and cant wait to hit the beach to feel it all floating around in the water.. haha! Hmmmm wonder if I could find springle-ring dancers anywhere to give me lessonses..