What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Wow!

That is why mine hasn't been resized yet. I think it's safe to resize it now, but I kept putting it off because I don't want to have it done multiple times (I already had to resize it larger once :frowning: )

You know the kicker here? I was a bit bloated when I got my wedding rings. I waited 4 years after birth of DD to drop the ring size conceding it was too big and it was unlikely I’d resize it anytime soon.

But then I dropped 11kgs, now need a resize but I’ll wait until I’ve hit goal weight and maintained it for a good year or two. Only 11kgs to go!
  • tlsvas
    tlsvas Posts: 10 Member
    36mc055xzms9.jpeg
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    smiliekiwi wrote: »

She sounds like a real peach.[/quote]
    She is ... just she’s never had a weight problem. ( only keeping it on ). So she has no idea :/

[/quote]
    I'm sure she regrets doing that and most likely feels awful about it. She probably thought she was complimenting you and never in a million years thought you'd regain the weight. Hugs from all of us!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    That going clothes shopping would actually make me feel better about my body...but also show how crazy sizing is. I have some bloating, but needed to get some shorts for a kayak trip this week with work. I shop SML at Goodwill even though I’m a medium because sizing varies so much. I felt really good about my progress because I was starting to consistently fit into smalls...but then I tried on the mediums and several of them were too tight! I was more consistent in the smalls this time, lol. I also tried on some jeans and the 10s were too big, although it was a lost cause all around because I have short legs. They all ended up being too long.
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    I did not realize just how much weight I was carrying on my INNER thighs. I don’t have big hips but I do have big thighs and that’s how - it’s all on the inside. Chub rub will probably always be a thing, although it is much better now. Also, the inside of my thighs are one big stretch mark, which I find very fascinating more than bothersome.

I can relate, I didn't realise how much weight I was carrying on the hips until It was gone, and my hips feel sooo much nicer.

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    I did not realize just how much weight I was carrying on my INNER thighs. I don’t have big hips but I do have big thighs and that’s how - it’s all on the inside. Chub rub will probably always be a thing, although it is much better now. Also, the inside of my thighs are one big stretch mark, which I find very fascinating more than bothersome.

I've lost the weight, the chub rub is still there. Part of it is just genetics and how far apart your hip bones keep your legs. When I was a teen I didn't have it, but always as an adult.

Now, I don't have to wear shorts under dresses, it's very minor now, but it is still present. It also still presents evidence on the inside of my jeans, additional wear in the are and all.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited July 2019

Interesting how people differ! I get no chub rub at all, even though I also carry most of my weight in my thighs; from what I can tell, that's just because I happen to have hips wide enough to keep 'em apart. A blessing in some ways, a bane in others. It's virtually impossible to find trousers that will fit the trifecta of large hips/thighs, a small waist, and a high waist.

(Oh yeah, one thing that everybody told me but which I didn't actually believe; no matter how much weight you lose it will still be difficult to find some kinds of clothes because designers just don't make them for your shape)

And although on inspection my inner thighs are made up entirely of little densely-packed wriggles of stretch mark, they somehow manage to look like normal skin. Whereas the stretch marks on my hips really stand out. Weird!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!