Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• moonangel12moonangel12 Posts: 174Member, Premium Member Posts: 174Member, Premium Member
    So stinky BO is a weight loss thing?? I told my husband the other day that my deodorant must not be working anymore! Blech! I picked up a different brand, but still funky midday. I guess I will get a travel deodorant to keep in my bag for freshening up in the afternoons.
  • HDBKLMHDBKLM Posts: 456Member Member Posts: 456Member Member
    So stinky BO is a weight loss thing?? I told my husband the other day that my deodorant must not be working anymore! Blech! I picked up a different brand, but still funky midday. I guess I will get a travel deodorant to keep in my bag for freshening up in the afternoons.

Well I couldn't say that it's a thing as such (which is why I was curious if anybody else had experienced it), and as @rheddmobile pointed out, if it is a thing it could be for any number of reasons, Keto BO being a likely one for many MFPers. For me I had this vague memory of seeing a documentary that explained that the way the body protected itself from toxic substances that entered the system was to wrap those molecules in fat, creating in essence a protective barrier between you and the toxin. I don't remember where I saw that or how true it might be, but that's the reason I thought of the concept of 'off-gassing' when my own smelliness episode hit.
  • dustyspaldustyspal Posts: 294Member Member Posts: 294Member Member
    That I could eat a cupcake and pasta in one day and still get in my vegetables and yogurt for appropriate nutrition (fiber and protein, respectively) and stay under my calorie goal. The media constantly makes it out that it's not possible, that you must eat "perfect" to lose weight and be healthy, but this is so much easier for me and my sanity. It's just about portions.

I agree. SUre . You can have those things, and many others. It's how much, and then taking care to track the rest of the day (or the next).
  • martianspudsmartianspuds Posts: 26Member Member Posts: 26Member Member
    bear2303 wrote: »
    the uncomfortable aftermath of horrible stomach cramps, nausea and general uncomfortably.

I totally forgot to write about that part, but OH YES! For me it's the heartburn of doom, too.