What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• 31st_Proverbs
    31st_Proverbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    vla246 wrote: »
    How much people judge you for being chubby/fat. :-/ That really sucked a lot.

That being happy in yourself has absolutely nothing to do with your weight. You were always beautiful and your weight has no effect on that whatsoever.

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    gyal3 wrote: »
    if u are genetically predisposed to big breasts, they wont decrease with weight loss, unfortunately >:)

Yes - and as your back, waist, hips and everything else shrinks they end up looking even more ridiculously out of proportion!

All True! It has made finding my bra size difficult
  • elianecnas
    elianecnas Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Please add me
  • elianecnas
    elianecnas Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I find the thread interesting and two, random observations spring to mind.

One is about my fellow weight losers.... Once you get down a ways they can look at you in disgust for talking about dieting when they conclude you don't have a weight problem so great as theirs.... I doubt anyone here would do that, but it happens in the wild.

Another random observation, when I get depressed I can't eat. This is not something society can believe about an overweight person, why they assume if I am depressed I must put a quart of ice cream on one hand and lard in the other and feed like a pig at the trough :smile: but no, I stop eating...

Society has some deeply held beliefs, that's for sure

This is not "once you get down a ways." And it is not "disgust," it is jealousy. Most people do NOT have as big of a challenge losing weight as me. I mostly understand why and can't do anything about it, but I think you are misunderstanding. When I see someone lose 10 lbs. in a few months, I get jealous and frustrated that I can't do that. It isn't you, it is me.
  • WarningHillAhead
    WarningHillAhead Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    jer1993 wrote: »
    I have lost 157 pounds and I find the little things amazing! Buying clothes at any shop, no water overflowing when I go into the bath lol! And of course theme parks, no longer scared of not fitting in the rides! It's also mad how different people treat you (they shouldn't, but they do) xx

Oh my gosh, that weight loss is amazing! Congrats on your achievement! I'm sure it must have been hard at times, but look at all the awesome stuff you get to enjoy!
    How long did it take you?
  • donnar138
    donnar138 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That when your friends ask you what you are doing to lose weight and you tell them about your healthy eating and working out they look bored...and say they couldn't be bothered to do all that and yet they continue to bore you with moaning about their weight issues.
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    :/ How friendships change due to people being jealous. I have a very competative friend and she has slowingly growen apart from me due me losing 24lbs and me being smaller than her.
  • twiigo
    twiigo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    JMRod wrote: »
    Walking into Lane Bryant to buy new bras and being told, "we don't carry your size". I had to go to Victoria's Secret:-)

Being able to buy clothes off the rack has been awesome!! Took some getting used too as clothes in my new size looked too small. Imagine that.:)
    This is so exciting to hear, I'm stuck in a men's large because of my bra size. The womans sizes are so distorted, huge neck and arm holes. The horrible colors and designs. Not to mention the expense, if I do like the shirt. 5 dollar men's shirt until I loose a few sizes. May I hope for size medium? :)
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    :/ How friendships change due to people being jealous. I have a very competative friend and she has slowingly growen apart from me due me losing 24lbs and me being smaller than her.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's sad, isn't it? My husband asked me if I'd been talking about my weight loss a lot. Not at all! I don't bring it up. It's funny how 20 pounds lost can be negative. :neutral:

• Tabbitha1968
    Tabbitha1968 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    How uncomfortable my bed really is. After loosing 100 pounds I had to buy a new mattress. I no longer had the padding around my hips.

I swear my bed is the most uncomfortable now, and Im freezing ALL THE TIME!!
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 lbs (still a lot more to go) but I feel already much more energetic!
    My skin and hair also glow much more.

The one thing I don't like is freezing, but I own a lot of sweaters so that's not a big problem
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!