What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    Now that it's gotten warmer (for some of us) does anyone else find they're more comfortable in the heat? I've been very uncomfortable the last few summers but these past few days it's been in the 90s (F, or 32 C) and I've been fine. I'm not diving for the AC in my car...sometimes I'll just open a window. Anyone else?

(Granted, a lot of this could do with the fact I can now wear more summer clothes. The past few summers I just rolled up my jeans because I didn't want to buy bigger skirts/shorts/dresses.)

YES! This exactly. I feel as though I don't sweat as much and I'm more tolerant of the heat. Oh and I also love not having the fat roll sweat marks on the fronts of my shirts! lol :D

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    your belly button might sag and disappear .you have to start cleaning it & moisturizing it so it doesn't hurt
    how *kitten* sagging and loose skin is
    how freezing cold you will be in the winter

on the positive:
    i tolerate heat like an absolute champ now
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    stormyview wrote: »
    That you'll start to love shopping for clothing.

That it takes a lot longer to need smaller undies than it does to need smaller pants. I dropped five sizes in pants but was still wearing the same undies. But when the underwear do finally get too big, you really have to get new ones fast. All of a sudden mine were too big and started sliding down under my jeans (and forget about with skirts)!

I feel more normal now. I've gone from a 12 to a 4 and am still in all of my same underwear! They're just a bit more comfortable I guess.

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    Now that it's gotten warmer (for some of us) does anyone else find they're more comfortable in the heat? I've been very uncomfortable the last few summers but these past few days it's been in the 90s (F, or 32 C) and I've been fine. I'm not diving for the AC in my car...sometimes I'll just open a window. Anyone else?

(Granted, a lot of this could do with the fact I can now wear more summer clothes. The past few summers I just rolled up my jeans because I didn't want to buy bigger skirts/shorts/dresses.)

Yes, i find the heat is much more bearable when my weight is lower. I can be outside also and not sweat as much.
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I used to count sheep on those times when I was trying to fall off to sleep - I actually found myself counting leg presses the other night........
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    When you are small you automatically get shifted to the back seat of the car when there are 3 adults. Because "you will fit back there"

:D funny!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    Who me fart! Never, I blame it on the dogs. (BTW we don't have any dogs)

I tell my husband it is barking spiders

I am now a master at playing the rusty trumpet.

• BananaAnna83
    BananaAnna83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    They never tell you.....How expensive it will be to buy new clothes for the next season...I lost about 15 pounds over the winter, when summer came around everything didn't fit. I was wondering why my dress pants were so baggie :) I had to buy new pants (4 sizes smaller), new blouses (size M instead of XL), and I even had to buy new panties as the old ones looked like parachutes after loosing all of the weight.

Still going to lose 10 more pounds...so shopping this winter should be fun :)

They never tall you how awesome it will be to fit into jeans you wore in highschool. My *kitten* looks amazing lol :)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    They never tell you.....How expensive it will be to buy new clothes for the next season...I lost about 15 pounds over the winter, when summer came around everything didn't fit. I was wondering why my dress pants were so baggie :) I had to buy new pants (4 sizes smaller), new blouses (size M instead of XL), and I even had to buy new panties as the old ones looked like parachutes after loosing all of the weight.

They never tall you how awesome it will be to fit into jeans you wore in highschool. My *kitten* looks amazing lol :)

I totally agree, I have spend a ton of money and it was all worth it. New clothes throughout, gym membership, personal trainer, workout classes, more new clothes, my love of workout attire has me buying more of that all the time, jewelry had to be re-sized, race fees. I could go on and on and I wouldn't trade any of it to go back the way I was.
  • BananaAnna83
    BananaAnna83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »

I totally agree, I have spend a ton of money and it was all worth it. New clothes throughout, gym membership, personal trainer, workout classes, more new clothes, my love of workout attire has me buying more of that all the time, jewelry had to be re-sized, race fees. I could go on and on and I wouldn't trade any of it to go back the way I was.

YES! I wouldn't have it any other way also besides its a good reason to shop...I didnt even keep my old clothes. i gave them to charity because...I WILL NEVER BE THAT BIG AGAIN! therefore will never need those size 12 pants again.....only size 6 from now on :)
  • drzoltar
    drzoltar Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The original poster listed:

"Sitting (particularly in baths) and laying (particularly in beds) will become ever increasingly uncomfortable."

This is 100% true. I moved to a standing desk at work because sitting was uncomfortable. When my family is watching TV, I have to be up and doing something.
  • VioletHaz
    VioletHaz Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread! Thanks!
  • drzoltar
    drzoltar Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add, once the weight comes off you can buy things off the rack and not worry too much that they won't fit. I still have to do the length test, but I no longer have to do the "sit test". That is, try a shirt on and sit down to see if my stomach makes it too tight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!