What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    nuffer wrote: »
    I don't have a sense of the space my body uses. I can fit where I could not before, but my brain doesn't believe that's the case, so I edge carefully around people on stairways and through doors and probably look pretty weird doing so.
    THIS! Like I'm going to have to practice squeezing through so I know my distance! Like going from parking a school bus to a normal sedan!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    tomnev1 wrote: »
    I am motivated to dress better since I lost weight.
    I literally have no gone out, even for milk, in the last few months without looking smart. I never "take a day off" shaving anymore. I meticulously get my hair cut every four weeks -I'd sometimes let it go ten weeks in the past. I never run out of hair gel. I make a point of doing the laundry myself. I iron my clothes and put them away. I starch my shirts and hang them, rather than fold them. I now wear aftershave everyday.
    True. And it takes longer to decide what to wear since I have choices. I no longer think I look meh in everything so it doesn't make any difference.

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    You can suddenly do an L-sit with little effort and more advanced yoga postures become achievable.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    sphkhn wrote: »
    That you can still eat pizza and lose weight! Within reason of course.
    The places you want to lose weight the most are the last to go.
    The gym is not a scary place.

THIS ^^^^ So true on all counts!

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Carnhot wrote: »
    I literally have no gone out, even for milk, in the last few months without looking smart. I never "take a day off" shaving anymore. I meticulously get my hair cut every four weeks -I'd sometimes let it go ten weeks in the past. I never run out of hair gel. I make a point of doing the laundry myself. I iron my clothes and put them away. I starch my shirts and hang them, rather than fold them. I now wear aftershave everyday.
    True. And it takes longer to decide what to wear since I have choices. I no longer think I look meh in everything so it doesn't make any difference.

I was like this for a short time as I got close to my goal weight, now I could live in workout clothes and be completely happy :) This is still a change, I would never have been caught dead in spandex or sleeveless shirts, now I am fine with it.
  • stephownsyou
    stephownsyou Posts: 13 Member
    nuffer wrote: »
    I don't have a sense of the space my body uses. I can fit where I could not before, but my brain doesn't believe that's the case, so I edge carefully around people on stairways and through doors and probably look pretty weird doing so.
    THIS! Like I'm going to have to practice squeezing through so I know my distance! Like going from parking a school bus to a normal sedan!

I used to be like this. Now, I just assume I can fit and sometimes I can't, lol. I end up crashing into whatever I was trying to squeeze through. I can't win. :)

I came here to say this exact thing. This morning I was going to sit between two people on the train and thought "I'm barely gonna fit.." but... I fit without a problem, and with extra space :smiley:
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Part of it for me is wanting to get wear out of clothes in that window of opportunity between them being too small and too big. I am trying to maximise the benefit of the Goldilocks period.

'Goldilocks Period' That is so perfect. I'm using that. :)
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Part of it for me is wanting to get wear out of clothes in that window of opportunity between them being too small and too big. I am trying to maximise the benefit of the Goldilocks period.

'Goldilocks Period' That is so perfect. I'm using that. :)

I just thought the exact same thing! :smiley:

Last week I was visiting with family, and I brought along a couple of skirts and dresses, never even considering that they'd be too big. One dress and one skirt are not save-able without a lot of tailoring, the other dress I shrank (it's so nice to throw things in the dryer and hope they come out smaller!) and the other skirt had a drawstring. Next time I'm away, I'll have to pack a lot more carefully. Looking forward to the next closet overhaul!
  • tomnev1
    tomnev1 Posts: 184 Member

I'm the other way around. I now think that clothes look good on me.
  • tomnev1

I'm the other way around. I now think that clothes look good on me.

Meant to say that I now think that ALL clothes look good on me.
  • nerdgirlinlv
    nerdgirlinlv Posts: 32 Member
    How freaking cold you will always be. :p
  • TBeverly49
    TBeverly49 Posts: 322 Member
    * I agree about the shoe sizes..pain in the wallet
    * Everyone tries to ignore your weight loss because they have seen it before and afraid to say anything.
    * I need another memory foam mattress.
    * I can't sleep in like I use to..to much energy
    * Exercise is addicting-- But make a goal of some sort. If you don't there is no challenge to keep on.
    * Even though I go to thrift shops to get smaller clothes while I am loosing, it still stretches the wallet thin!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    My brain is still refusing to catch up to my body. There is a woman at work that I consider to have an amazing figure, dresses amazingly and is about my height. She mentioned her weight today and I realised that I'm only 13lb heavier now. I had always thought I was much bigger than her! Hopefully in 13lb time I can look as awesome as her!
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    (Quoting saylorkw: "According to my BMI chart I'm still obese and I still don't like the way I look in clothes AND out.")

Please Throw BMI out the window it is so off and unrealistic it misses so many factors. If you are lifting and working out it will still think you are obese because you have muscle weight.

You will know when you are healthy you will be happy with yourself and who cares what others think.
    Excellent point!

• saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    Batlady49 wrote: »
    * Even though I go to thrift shops to get smaller clothes while I am loosing, it still stretches the wallet thin!

just went through my closet and got rid of all my XXL stuff (everything basically), had to buy a size that fits definitely a pain in the wallet!
  • tomnev1
    My brain is still refusing to catch up to my body. There is a woman at work that I consider to have an amazing figure, dresses amazingly and is about my height. She mentioned her weight today and I realised that I'm only 13lb heavier now. I had always thought I was much bigger than her! Hopefully in 13lb time I can look as awesome as her!

You already look awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!