What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• NuLisa2016
    NuLisa2016 Posts: 26 Member
    I just have to share this come back I stole from my best friend, who is super skinny and was often the subject of similar unsupportive comments that have been listed here. One day a girl (who was usually very snarky to her) said "I don't think people give you enough credit for how hard you work on your diet". To which my friend replied "I don't need anyone to give me credit. My body thanks me for it. Every single day." I think this attitude is what we all need to hold on to when people are unsupportive or critical of something we are proud of!

Way to Go!!!! Love it!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    ^ Agreed!!
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    You can actually go up a bra size......c to a d cup. ...wth.....
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    Feeling like you're not losing anything to waking up the next morning feeling 5lbs lighter. You never know when that whoosh will hit, just keep going!

saylorkw wrote: »
    scaryg53 wrote: »
    I've found that people love to be discouraging. A supervisor at work said, "you're so tiny, don't worry, you'll gain it all back." She also said, "you're starting to look frail." Why would you tell someone who has lost weight that they are going to gain it all back?!

I have gotten that a LOT lately! Also people telling me I have "lost enough".

According to my BMI chart I'm still obese and I still don't like the way I look in clothes AND out.

I've had that before, I was hovering around 170-160lbs 5'6" and everyone was telling me I looked "too skinny" WTF haha, I was still technically overweight. Can't imagine how I would look if I went below that.

Please Throw BMI out the window it is so off and unrealistic it misses so many factors. If you are lifting and working out it will still think you are obese because you have muscle weight.

You will know when you are healthy you will be happy with yourself and who cares what others think.
  • ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    You can actually go up a bra size......c to a d cup. ...wth.....

With bra sizes a lot of times you'll go up a cup size if you go down a band size. I dealt with the reverse as I was gaining weight. Most of the time when I moved up a band size I would move down a cup size, even though my boobs were most certainly not getting smaller. So, if you're losing weight and moving down in band size you can expect your cup size to change too.

• silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    I lost weight and my alcohol tolerance went right down. Hence a truly awful hangover right now :(
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    That salt, tom and carbs aren't the only thing that can make me hold water weight... not enough protein and working out after a hiatus does it too...
  • texasf1ght
    texasf1ght Posts: 70 Member
    It takes a LONG time for your mind to catch up with your mirror.

This is so true! Just yesterday I bought a pair of "motivation" jeans, and when I got home and tried them on they already fit me just fine. It's like no matter how many pairs of jeans I buy, I still want to go to that bigger size because when I see my current size jeans I'm just thinking "there's no way those would fit me". But they do. :)
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 2015
    I lost weight and my alcohol tolerance went right down. Hence a truly awful hangover right now :(

I'm right with you! A single glass of wine with a large dinner out last night and I felt tipsy the entire night! I used to be the girl that would Jack and Cokes all night long!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    aylajane wrote: »
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    That your older smaller clothes may not fit despite being at a lower weight than when you last wore them, due to some combination of fat denial (it still fits, I swear) and not losing weight in an overall proportional manner or from the same places. It's actually a frustrating thing because I keep thinking that I should be able to fit into some smaller shirts that I've kept, but they fit so badly (tight/short in all the wrong places) that they haven't even left the bedroom.

I'm dealing with the opposite problem right now and it is equally as frustrating!! Weightlifting has really defined my shoulders and trimmed my waist, so despite being about 25 lbs more than I was the last time I wore some of the clothes, I can fit into them, but they look absolutely horrible and don't do a single thing for my new curves!

YES - and your "style" will have to change. I was so used to picking clothes that I thought "flattered" and "hid" my fat areas... Its hard not to keep picking those styles even though they look terrible on me now that I have a lot more muscle and a completely different shape. But I keep doing it!!

Absolutely!! Glad that I'm not alone! They all make me look like a box now! The worst is the peplum blouses that I thought made me look really "slim" before!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    aylajane wrote: »
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    That your older smaller clothes may not fit despite being at a lower weight than when you last wore them, due to some combination of fat denial (it still fits, I swear) and not losing weight in an overall proportional manner or from the same places. It's actually a frustrating thing because I keep thinking that I should be able to fit into some smaller shirts that I've kept, but they fit so badly (tight/short in all the wrong places) that they haven't even left the bedroom.

I'm dealing with the opposite problem right now and it is equally as frustrating!! Weightlifting has really defined my shoulders and trimmed my waist, so despite being about 25 lbs more than I was the last time I wore some of the clothes, I can fit into them, but they look absolutely horrible and don't do a single thing for my new curves!

YES - and your "style" will have to change. I was so used to picking clothes that I thought "flattered" and "hid" my fat areas... Its hard not to keep picking those styles even though they look terrible on me now that I have a lot more muscle and a completely different shape. But I keep doing it!!

Absolutely!! Glad that I'm not alone! They all make me look like a box now! The worst is the peplum blouses that I thought made me look really "slim" before!

Lol - for me its the crisscross shirts... They look way different (and worse) now, but they are the first things I go for when shopping!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!