What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• bowermanbrittney
    bowermanbrittney Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much I have a difficulty believe in myself to keep up my weight loss of 23lbs I feel better an I've lost inches however its difficult to see yet in the miorr because I want to see big changes an all I notice is small changes ...I hope if I keep going it will pay off.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    They never tell you.....How expensive it will be to buy new clothes for the next season...I lost about 15 pounds over the winter, when summer came around everything didn't fit. I was wondering why my dress pants were so baggie :) I had to buy new pants (4 sizes smaller), new blouses (size M instead of XL), and I even had to buy new panties as the old ones looked like parachutes after loosing all of the weight.

Still going to lose 10 more pounds...so shopping this winter should be fun :)

They never tall you how awesome it will be to fit into jeans you wore in highschool. My *kitten* looks amazing lol :)

I totally agree, I have spend a ton of money and it was all worth it. New clothes throughout, gym membership, personal trainer, workout classes, more new clothes, my love of workout attire has me buying more of that all the time, jewelry had to be re-sized, race fees. I could go on and on and I wouldn't trade any of it to go back the way I was.

YES! I wouldn't have it any other way also besides its a good reason to shop...I didnt even keep my old clothes. i gave them to charity because...I WILL NEVER BE THAT BIG AGAIN! therefore will never need those size 12 pants again.....only size 6 from now on :)

I totally agree. I have now only got one size of clothes in my wardrobe, so I can't just drift back into my fat clothes without noticing! And they are all good quality clothes that fit and make me feel fabulous. But it is seriously expensive having to do it all in one season! But it's certainly an incentive to stay this size, because I certainly can't afford to do it again :)
  • AngeBee18
    Options
    They never tell you.....How expensive it will be to buy new clothes for the next season...I lost about 15 pounds over the winter, when summer came around everything didn't fit. I was wondering why my dress pants were so baggie :) I had to buy new pants (4 sizes smaller), new blouses (size M instead of XL), and I even had to buy new panties as the old ones looked like parachutes after loosing all of the weight.

Still going to lose 10 more pounds...so shopping this winter should be fun :)

They never tall you how awesome it will be to fit into jeans you wore in highschool. My *kitten* looks amazing lol :)

I totally agree, I have spend a ton of money and it was all worth it. New clothes throughout, gym membership, personal trainer, workout classes, more new clothes, my love of workout attire has me buying more of that all the time, jewelry had to be re-sized, race fees. I could go on and on and I wouldn't trade any of it to go back the way I was.

YES! I wouldn't have it any other way also besides its a good reason to shop...I didnt even keep my old clothes. i gave them to charity because...I WILL NEVER BE THAT BIG AGAIN! therefore will never need those size 12 pants again.....only size 6 from now on :)

Goodwill got a lot of donations from me for a while...size 22-24 to a size 8-10. Got rid of everything that was too big as soon as it was too big.

Yep, I have made a trip every week for months to get rid of the old stuff. I think I've pretty much done the last of it today.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much I have a difficulty believe in myself to keep up my weight loss of 23lbs I feel better an I've lost inches however its difficult to see yet in the miorr because I want to see big changes an all I notice is small changes ...I hope if I keep going it will pay off.

23 lbs lost is great! Just keep trying every day, and eventually you WILL get there! I've lost 26 lbs, and am at the point where my weight loss has stalled, but I am still seeing changes in how my clothes fit so I'm sticking with it. I've realized this is going to be a two year process with waiting for the skin to bounce back and such. Just keep going! :)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Just when you think your boobs couldn't possibly get any smaller... They do.

LOL - I started out as a 52DD and now am a 38B or less. I still have 30# to go, I think mine may disappear.
  • AngeBee18
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »

LOL - I started out as a 52DD and now am a 38B or less. I still have 30# to go, I think mine may disappear.

That's pretty much my story too! I was a ??DD (I ended up wearing elasticated crop tops because I couldn't find bras to fit... So not sure on exact size) and am now a 38B. I did my measurements this morning, and still lost a couple of cms of my chest this month.... *sigh*

On a positive note, it does make exercise easier, I can wear nice blouses without them straining across my chest, and
    and I can find cute bras that fit (even if they serve no real purpose...)
  • FrostAyy
    FrostAyy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nobody told me about the loose skin.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    - How maintenance is way f***ing harder than taking off the weight is
    - That loose skin can make you feel even more self-conscious
    - That sometimes you will marvel at how you look in the mirror, and sometimes you will see your original size, and that this is apparently normal...

This! I know I've lost weight. I've dropped three pant sizes. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I can see the difference. Other times I just see the same bloated belly.

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options

That's pretty much my story too! I was a ??DD (I ended up wearing elasticated crop tops because I couldn't find bras to fit... So not sure on exact size) and am now a 38B. I did my measurements this morning, and still lost a couple of cms of my chest this month.... *sigh*

On a positive note, it does make exercise easier, I can wear nice blouses without them straining across my chest, and
    and I can find cute bras that fit (even if they serve no real purpose...)

This did not happen for me. I went from a 44G to a 34G. I would love for them to get smaller, instead, it just got harder to find my bra size.
  • WyshIKnew
    WyshIKnew Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How, suddenly, instead of your food being the boss of you, you become the boss of your food. So instead of awful hunger pangs where you want to eat some fatty snacks you have to remind yourself that it is time to eat!
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I had the opposite happen. I thought I was a 38 D when I started at 207.8 (5'9) down 30 lbs decided I needed a good multiway/strapless for the summer. Went to Soma and got fitted. Umm I am currently a 36 DDD or 34 G WTF. My jaw was on the floor. But wholey heck what a difference a fitted bra makes. Smallest band that can fit you then from there add the cup size. Texted my hubby his answer I knew lol.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I was at a gathering of people who don't know me well and would not have seen me frequently over the last year and a half (I'm over 20kg/45 lbs down). The guy who takes photos asked to take my photo as I have a nice smile. I must have been invisible before....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!