Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• salleewinssalleewins Member Posts: 2,086 Member Member Posts: 2,086 Member
    No one said family/friends would try to sabotage me.

A family member will bring lunch to my job.
    1:knowing I plan my day in the morning and bring my lunch with me.
    2:only brings lunch the day after my weigh in, and only if I lost.

Best friend makes me feel guilty about my progress by pointing out why she isn’t losing.

I vaguely knew family/friends aren’t always supportive, I’ve experienced that but I guess I thought it would be more dismissive than sabotage.

YIKES!!! Maybe ask your best friend what her new goals would be and tell family not much. Tell them you are changing things up and please don't bring lunch to work cuz it will be a waste and they will have to bring it back home because it will go bad?? How annoying!!
    edited September 18
    Sand_TIger wrote: »
    WifeDeputy wrote: »
    ne of my biggest things was learning how to nest my knees for sleeping at night. What does this mean?

It means that some of us learn we now have super bony knees and we can't comfortably stack one on top of the other while sleeping on our sides. I had something like that happen for a bit as my thighs lost padding and for a while my spine was out of alignment when I slept.

A couple of chiropractors have told me to put the pillow between my knees to keep the spine aligned. I need to be more consistent.
    I am cold.

I am so so cold.

It's 52. we're barely into fall. I usually like this time of year. I used to be fine in these temps. I AM SO COLD.

Be sure you are well hydrated, too, to help the body regulate the temp, but I am sure you have dropped the insulation like I am still working on doing!
    WTGNicole wrote: »
    I know exactly where those ‘ol hip bones are all day, every day.
    Hips don't lie!! But then, sometimes they tell the truth so loudly!! Frequently even, did the song say anything about that?

In yoga I constantly hear,”you carry your emotions and stress in your hips”.

Maybe that’s why mine were so big. I had to have big ole saddlebags to carry all that.
    whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! i guess that explains my badunkadunk! :neutral:

It is usually the cortisol from stress that increases the stomach.