I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options

Replies

• missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    lol I second this!!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    What...?? Wait a minute!!!!

You mean those companies that want to rule us and fill us full of poison and chemicals aren't really trying to kill us?

<Mind Blown>
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I don't eat clean. Probably never will. I like junk food and I can kill a cheeseburger.

But, I've still lost 60lbs and I'm on my way back to lose the last little I want to lose.

I don't eat clean, but if people want to try that, I say do what you want! You live over there, I'll live over here and we'll both be happy. :)

If they are at least TRYING something to feel better, I'm okay w/that.
  • DarylLouis
    DarylLouis Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Eating clean is a terrible concept!!! Its nothing more than companies & the food industry raking in a fortune off people that are unknowledged and un-educated in the subject of macronutrients; and macronutrients is just that!!! Its all that matters!!!! Scientific FACT!!!!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with my success... I just don't want to eat foods processed in a lab.... our bodies are NOT meant to process that crap!!

Just an example.... did you know that Pringles contain one of the SAME chemicals they use to perm hair?? Yep... you eat perm.... (along with 12 other additives created in a lab)

OH and doritios contain Red #40.... and Red #40 uses a type of bat poop to get it's color... yep... bat poop....

This is just as silly as claiming that it is a stupid concept to eat whole foods. All of those things have water in it, which is one of the most corrosive chemicals known to man: just look at the Grand Canyon!

I hear that some of the foods we eat are poisonous if not processed, or if not processed properly, but raw fish is still yummy.

You need to educate yourself. If you think your body is meant to process something created in a lab... it's no wonder American's are disgusting and fat... oh and the chemicals I mentioned above are banned in every other country idiot.....

American's think they can do no wrong... but the truth is they are all idiots.... except for those who educate themselves.

Another interesting post from the clean eating crowd. Were we not discussing ad hominem arguments previously? No scientific support, an ad hominem attack, and a fallacious appeal to authority. Interesting. Wrong but revealing.
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    What's most ironic, most of the people I've met who talk organic organic organic are the last people on earth to spend extra money on organic food. They got other things to worry about. Nothing pisses me off that an annoying hipsters trying to judge others, while wearing a $50 shirt designed for them to look "poor". Or paycheck to paycheck with their apple products. Or using FOOD STAMPS at whole foods, then having the nerve to complain about the lack of funds.

Yeah I go to Walmart occasionally. Why not. Its cheaper and more convenient. My local supermarket's chicken tastes much better then Whole foods.

I don't get it at all. On top of that, they like to do this behind your back. When you confront them, they just go back into a shell. No balls all talk.

Like Jay Z says: Louder then a motorbike but wouldn't punch a grape in a fruit fight.
    if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

Not sure the OP understands what "eating clean" actually means. :huh:

OP is not sure anyone understands what "eating clean" actually means.

I'd suggest all the clean eaters draft and post their own specific definitions of what "clean eating" means. I'd love to watch that discussion. Better in another thread though as I suspect there are as many definitions as clean eaters.

LOL No lie- I never tell people that I eat clean, because I have no clue where people draw the line. All of my groceries are normally organic and I make most things from scratch cause I like to feel like Suzy Homemaker. If I want pizza, I make it using organic ingredients, pie... cookies... fresh bread in my breadmaker anything really... and I eat like that if it fits in my macros.

this reminds me of the people who claim that they hate TV and never watch it, but only have a TV set in their house for the few times a year they want to watch something on PBS. i call shenanigans on this whole mindset that organic is better than non organic. everything you eat is organic (at least i can't think of any food that isn't, or it wouldn't be food). a bunch of hippies can't come along and steal the meaning of that word just to make a few extra bucks selling their tomatoes or spaghetti made from hemp. same thing with making everything from scratch... or having your own breadmaker... or whatever. it all smacks of some sort of elitism being applied to food... that what's in your food or how/where/when its made somehow can make one food better than another.

I use a breadmaker because kneading dough is a PITA and it is convenient for rising unless I want a specific bread type.

it's not eating homemade bread that i was objecting to. it's announcing to everyone that it's homemade bread. i'm just pointing out that even that lady that posted that has allowed some of that mindset to creep into how she describes her food.

if i invited you over for dinner and told you we were having spaghetti and meatballs (meal A), you wouldn't think twice.

if i invited you over for dinner and told you we were having gluten free pasta, locally grown organic tomato sauce, and free-range beef meatballs (meal B), wouldn't you think for a second why i felt the need to add those superfluous adjectives? well, i think some people believe that meal B is inherently better than meal A, and thus you're more virtuous for eating meal B
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with my success... I just don't want to eat foods processed in a lab.... our bodies are NOT meant to process that crap!!

Just an example.... did you know that Pringles contain one of the SAME chemicals they use to perm hair?? Yep... you eat perm.... (along with 12 other additives created in a lab)

OH and doritios contain Red #40.... and Red #40 uses a type of bat poop to get it's color... yep... bat poop....

This is just as silly as claiming that it is a stupid concept to eat whole foods. All of those things have water in it, which is one of the most corrosive chemicals known to man: just look at the Grand Canyon!

I hear that some of the foods we eat are poisonous if not processed, or if not processed properly, but raw fish is still yummy.

You need to educate yourself. If you think your body is meant to process something created in a lab... it's no wonder American's are disgusting and fat... oh and the chemicals I mentioned above are banned in every other country idiot.....

American's think they can do no wrong... but the truth is they are all idiots.... except for those who educate themselves.

Someone has netflix!
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    In all fairness I eat clean and still enjoy my food. I don't obsess about it, I just do the best I can.

The benefits of eating clean for me, along with adequate exercise are 40 lbs lost, my migraines are much more rare and fewer respiratory infections.

I agree. I lived in South America for a while and it forced me into clean eating. Processed foods just weren't as avalible and if they were, they weren't cost efficient. I lost most of my weight there because of it. Now granted- I did ALOT of walking while I was there, but I just felt different, even my skin had cleared up.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Aren't you pleasant. I bet you're a blast to be around at parties.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Someone mention Pumpkin pie and burgers?
    pie-flavor-d-o.gif
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    flexible dieting is just WAY more fun
  • wwwdotcr
    wwwdotcr Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    flexible dieting is just WAY more fun

Keto + CKD, never get bored.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options

Pringles have about 42% potato content, the remainder being wheat starch and flours (potato, corn, and rice) mixed with vegetable oils, an emulsifier, salt, and seasoning.[14] Other ingredients can include artificial sweeteners like maltodextrin and dextrose, monosodium glutamate (MSG), disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, sodium caseinate, modified food starch, monoglyceride and diglyceride, autolyzed yeast extract, natural and artificial flavors, malted barley flour, wheat bran, dried black beans, sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc; Pringles varieties vary in their ingredients. (from Wiki)

From Ehow: The active ingredient in perming lotion, whether for curling or straightening hair, is a chemical called ammonium thioglycolate. Ammonium thioglycolate is an ammonia salt of mercaptoacetic acid. Boxes of perm solution also list the ingredient as ammonium thyioglycolic acid.

Well, that one is right out.

Red #40 is made from coal. You know, carbon, that stuff that WE are made out of.

Any other great wisdom that you made up you'd like to share?
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    And this is why I don't label my diet. So... yeah. Thanks for the laughs though, people. I seriously haven't laughed this hard in ages. :)
  • BeachIron
    Options
    if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

Not sure the OP understands what "eating clean" actually means. :huh:

OP is not sure anyone understands what "eating clean" actually means.

I'd suggest all the clean eaters draft and post their own specific definitions of what "clean eating" means. I'd love to watch that discussion. Better in another thread though as I suspect there are as many definitions as clean eaters.

just make your own stuff it tastes better than store bought any ways I hate store bought pies and cookies blah

That's an interesting definition. Anyone want to elaborate on that?

What if the pumpkin pie was made fresh in the store's bakery? Is that better than the Mrs. Smith's in the freezer section? Or are they both "unclean"? Nah.

Does pumpkin pie made at home out of a can and with a store bought crust qualify? You can make your own

Is it okay if you buy the flour, pumpkins and milk at the store and put it together at home? why not do it at home

What about the sugar? Is white sugar okay? truvia

And white flour. Is white flour clean? Brown Rice flower

Does one need to grow their own pumpkins, milk their own cow, and grow and grind their own grain? almond milk is good, find grains and pumkins at farmers markets

Wait! Is flour itself clean? Or is wheat not clean because it has to be milled? its just as easy to by coconut flour as it is regular flour.

Are non-organic pumpkins okay?yep... because you don't eat the outside.

Is milk itself okay? If milk is okay does it need to be from organic fed cows with no hormones? almond milk bro!

See answers above.

Interesting. Anything other than one word answers or explanation as to why milk, wheat and sugar are not clean? Or this your "belief" again? First off, I haven't called anything unclean.. This is just how I do it. I'm okay with having people disagree, this is discussion.

Any explanation of why almond milk is clean but not milk that is taken right out of a cow? Almond milk...milk right out of a cow.. tomato tomata.

Any explanation of why truvia is clean but sugar is not? Truvia is just ground up plant leaves. Again.. I haven't called anything unclean.

Have you ever eaten brown rice flowers? LOL flour.. that was a mistype

So we are back to belief then. Okay.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Pringles have about 42% potato content, the remainder being wheat starch and flours (potato, corn, and rice) mixed with vegetable oils, an emulsifier, salt, and seasoning.[14] Other ingredients can include artificial sweeteners like maltodextrin and dextrose, monosodium glutamate (MSG), disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, sodium caseinate, modified food starch, monoglyceride and diglyceride, autolyzed yeast extract, natural and artificial flavors, malted barley flour, wheat bran, dried black beans, sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc; Pringles varieties vary in their ingredients. (from Wiki)

From Ehow: The active ingredient in perming lotion, whether for curling or straightening hair, is a chemical called ammonium thioglycolate. Ammonium thioglycolate is an ammonia salt of mercaptoacetic acid. Boxes of perm solution also list the ingredient as ammonium thyioglycolic acid.

Well, that one is right out.

Red #40 is made from coal. You know, carbon, that stuff that WE are made out of.

Any other great wisdom that you made up you'd like to share?

And if you shouldn't eat it why would you put it on your hair and skin? You will probably go bald and die...
  • sigsby
    sigsby Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    They're trying to catch me eating dirty. LOL
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    OP - I doubt you're even reading this anymore, but I feel obliged to help you out.

You're having a battle of wits with a SEA of unarmed individuals. And despite that truth, you won't win. This is because they will eventually succeed in dragging you down to their level of ineptitude and then beating you to death with experience.

I however agree with you - I already did though, so unfortunately you didn't change my mind, as you won't with pretty much anyone else here. It's not your fault though - that's the power of the iternet. Everyone knows everything on the internet.

Have a great day.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    In all fairness I eat clean and still enjoy my food. I don't obsess about it, I just do the best I can.

The benefits of eating clean for me, along with adequate exercise are 40 lbs lost, my migraines are much more rare and fewer respiratory infections.

I agree. I lived in South America for a while and it forced me into clean eating. Processed foods just weren't as avalible and if they were, they weren't cost efficient. I lost most of my weight there because of it. Now granted- I did ALOT of walking while I was there, but I just felt different, even my skin had cleared up.

Humm. . . there may be something to this exercise thing . . .
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you ate clean you wouldn't be so grouchy in the morning.

Apparently if you ate clean you would be happy all the time and **** rainbow.