I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, the benefit of "clean" eating is that all those vegetables and lean proteins fill you up and make you feel better on the same amount of calories. So I try to eat clean. I make food from scratch with lots of the good stuff. However, I don't stress about it. I'm with you - if I want a piece of pie, I'm gonna have a piece of pie.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Quit possibly the dumbest thread I have had the misfortune of reading.

4MuhrNT.gif

zTMGQLh.gif
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    If I forced myself to eat clean, I would be a binger.

I need to be allowed to drink my coffee with cream and sugar, and have pizza, and the occasional bowl of ice cream. If I need to grab a quick burger - I need the freedom to do that.

I rarely even fit my macros - the only thing I try to do is stick within my daily calorie limit and get my required protein.

When I force myself to eat "properly" I become a miserable cranky person who is much more inclined to eat an entire bag of doritos with salsa and sour cream.

When I allow myself to have some treats, I am much happier, and it works better for me.

If you are a clean eater, and happy - great job! But I don't feel it is the only way to achieve success.

p.s. I feel the need to prove visually that this method works for me, so here is a recent progress pic:
    16124725_8925.jpg

I'm with Mirey, and I want to be like her!! **SWOON!!** I know I would not sustain a clean lifestyle forever, I love too many different kinds of food too much. I choose to be reasonable about my limits and my choices.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I consider it clean if it is organic and free from ingredients I can't pronounce. Everyone has their own definition of "clean eating". But it doesn't stop me from eating pizza, chips, cookies, and ice cream or a burger - I just don't go to Burger King and get their version because it would literally make me sick. I don't dog the next person that does go get a Whopper meal though, if that's what they want to eat, then eat it.

Some people want to rebel so hard against eating healthy they take it to the extreme and brag about eating fast food. Who cares? If it works for you why trash what other people enjoy doing? Different things obviously work for different people.

So, since I am ridiculously intelligent and can pronounce the stuff in my food, does that make it clean? :wink:
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think for a lot of people clean eating is a way for them to have structure that doesn't include Twinkies.

To expand- some (most) people are successful when they have a safe zone of "OK" and "Not OK" foods. Some people chose to define these zone by "clean" foods and "non clean" foods. These people are still completely capable of overeating this clean foods and not losing weight, this is true.

I don't adhere to "clean" eating. However, for example, Oreos are NOT in my safe zone. I can't have them. So my safe zones have been defined by whether or not something is or contains oreos. Other people define it by whether a food has something they can't pronounce in it.

To get to the point I think you were trying to make, it is super obnoxious when people shout "THIS IS HOW I DO IT AND THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY!" .......... oh wait. sound familiar? :drinker:
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    whats not clean about Rice an Apple Pumpkin Pie?????
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I think "clean" is relative. I think when most people say they eat clean or relatively clean, they're saying that they eat a lot of whole foods..lots of veg, fruit, nuts, etc...in other words, nutrient dense foods rather than something that has been heavily processed and contains little nutritional value. I personally make about 80-90% of my food from scratch, whole ingredients. I personally don't have any beef with rice or "white" foods or any of that nonsense. Pretty much if it grows, it goes in my belly...or if an animal eats something that grows, that goes in my belly too.

Personally, eating more fruit and veg and whole foods in general has been extremely beneficial for reversing a bunch of really ****ty blood work. I think frozen **** dinners and eating restaurant food all of the time did a number on my cholesterol and blood pressure...but maybe that's just me.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options

4MuhrNT.gif

zTMGQLh.gif

95vwmPC.gif
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Clean eaters hate when Mirey shows up in these threads. :laugh: :laugh:

It's like:

Mirey.

/end thread
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    whats not clean about Rice an Apple Pumpkin Pie?????

I was wondering the same thing...I think the term "clean" is often miss-used and also miss-understood.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    i was just feeling guilty for wanting sushi for breakfast instead of oatmeal or something bland like that. I usually eat something weird for breakfast and i was thinking I should reform my ways and eat a safe, 'clean' breakfast.

well, sushi, here i come, nomnomnom

I had a brownie this morning, but now I am jealous of your sushi eating!!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    If you ate clean you wouldn't be so grouchy in the morning.

Love it i feel a lot better since i started eating cleaner i feel so energetic and my skin looks so clear no more acne and hell just healthier all around
  • chullin26
    chullin26 Posts: 9
    Options
    I think its more about people not going back for seconds, thirds and fourths...Its about making the choice yourself to commit fully to the body you want. I drink water before every meal. I used to drink 3-4 2 liters a week...a week. And when I did I was always so thirsty. Now.I find that if I am drinking water, I'm not as thirsty and I find I get full faster. I do not always follow my own rules, but I pay for it. I get a sick feeling and feel very rundown afterwards. When you get to the point where you feel like that after "junk" food its just not worth it. I'd rather go with something that's going to make me feel good, and keep me on the track to my goal and not sluggish and hinder that.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Thank you!
    i was just feeling guilty for wanting sushi for breakfast instead of oatmeal or something bland like that. I usually eat something weird for breakfast and i was thinking I should reform my ways and eat a safe, 'clean' breakfast.

well, sushi, here i come, nomnomnom

Why would sushi not be considered "clean?" Fish is an awesome source of lean protein and very good for you...nothing wrong with rice either. So not really sure what your point is.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options

4MuhrNT.gif

zTMGQLh.gif

95vwmPC.gif

ftrbi.gif
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie.

But what if I want the whole pie? I don't ever crave a piece of pumpkin pie...I want the whole thing!

tumblr_lzpal4fLnj1r5fhv3.gif
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    ITT: People bashing clean eating without even knowing what it actually is.

w6ULSOw.jpg
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    user_images_iifym2.jpg
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    To the OP:

If you are going to piss and moan about something then at least provide facts to backup your statement, considering you used your approach to state that others were wrong. Devoid of source material and due to your holier than thou attitude, your argument is invalid and should just be ignored. I think I'll take my own advice....

:laugh:
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Just a little PSA: Regarding sushi, it may be worth mentioning that the rice is made with sugar. I think that goes against Rule #1 in the clean eating handbook...

That said, I love sushi. I also love sashimi, and when I wanted to avoid sugar, I ordered sashimi. Skip the rice and you're all set.