I don't eat clean. I won't eat clean. It's a stupid concept.

Options

Replies

• ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I try to eat clean, but sometimes the bread gets soggy. :sad:

ftd2ip.jpg

ROFL!!!

I think a wrap might hold up better, but I haven't tried it yet :laugh:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    To the OP:

If you are going to piss and moan about something then at least provide facts to backup your statement, considering you used your approach to state that others were wrong. Devoid of source material and due to your holier than thou attitude, your argument is invalid and should just be ignored. I think I'll take my own advice....

:laugh:

Get your logic out of here.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    If I forced myself to eat clean, I would be a binger.

I need to be allowed to drink my coffee with cream and sugar, and have pizza, and the occasional bowl of ice cream. If I need to grab a quick burger - I need the freedom to do that.

I rarely even fit my macros - the only thing I try to do is stick within my daily calorie limit and get my required protein.

When I force myself to eat "properly" I become a miserable cranky person who is much more inclined to eat an entire bag of doritos with salsa and sour cream.

When I allow myself to have some treats, I am much happier, and it works better for me.

If you are a clean eater, and happy - great job! But I don't feel it is the only way to achieve success.

p.s. I feel the need to prove visually that this method works for me, so here is a recent progress pic:
    16124725_8925.jpg

YES!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Clean eaters hate when Mirey shows up in these threads. :laugh: :laugh:

It's like:

Mirey.

/end thread

:heart:
    It appears that I'm the poster child for bad food choices!!! haha :laugh:
  • linnaeus
    linnaeus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't get the concept of clean vs dirty food. My nutritionist laughs at the idea and trend. Don't be afraid of food. If I want a slice of pizza or a few pieces of chocolate or sweedish fish, I should learn how to enjoy these things without eating the whole pizza or bag of candy, etc.

She always says, there is no such thing as bad food. Some of the "clean eaters" are just as annoying as some vegans. Get off your high horse.

Aw, you said SOME vegans! You made my day!

(And I prefer the "middle path" myself when it comes to what I eat)
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Just a little PSA: Regarding sushi, it may be worth mentioning that the rice is made with sugar. I think that goes against Rule #1 in the clean eating handbook...

That said, I love sushi. I also love sashimi, and when I wanted to avoid sugar, I ordered sashimi. Skip the rice and you're all set.

Not to mention, if you skip the rice, you have more room for sashimi. :drinker:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    If you ate clean you wouldn't be so grouchy in the morning - LMAO

I think I'll stick to mainly eating clean seeing you didn't provide anything in the way of a persuasive argument not to & just attacked this so called "fad".

Is there a bigger picture? Yeah Get your *kitten* in gear & workout. But without proper nutrition & such a "whatever whenever approach" your body will suffer for it in the end. It's not brain science!

Sunglasses and a skully hat means it's time to work out for realsies.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    Just a little PSA: Regarding sushi, it may be worth mentioning that the rice is made with sugar. I think that goes against Rule #1 in the clean eating handbook...

That said, I love sushi. I also love sashimi, and when I wanted to avoid sugar, I ordered sashimi. Skip the rice and you're all set.

Sashimi is so great.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    To everyone here arguing about chemicals and cancer causing sweeteners ect ect ect, you're doing this:

Ventura3_zpsb4b577b5.gif

A nutrient is a nutrient, and while some nutrients might have more minerals than others, and some fats might be saturated as opposed to unsaturated, nutrients are nutrients, and our bodies will break down what we eat into the smallest, basic components, because that's what our liver can process.

Clean or not doesn't matter.

And yes, some pesticides are harmful for you, so wash what you buy or buy organic if you think you're eating some roundup frosted chard. Otherwise..

carrey1_zps3fec5141.gif
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome that you are healthy enough that it does not matter to you.

I, on the other hand have chronic pain and an auto immune disease. I started eating clean and my pain levels went down 50%. Now when you live with chronic pain and are very active, any reduction in pain is a win. I can not help but wonder, if not eating processed and refined foods decrease my pain levels, what are those things actually doing to people that eat them? But then again, this is my personal journey and look and feel better now than I have in freaking 10 years, and I will be 45 in August, I repeatedly get told I look 32. So to me, it is not only the smartest concept, it is the ONLY concept.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Some people want to lose weight to "look good" at any cost, what ever it takes healthy or not.
    but if you want to lose weight to be more "healthy" then one needs to consider everything they put in their mouths like chemicals and such that isn't going to benefit or help them reach their "healthy" goal . What good will skinny be if I am cancer waiting to happen.

Not saying I am a clean eater I only wish I had half the self control that some of you people have.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Quit possibly the dumbest thread I have had the misfortune of reading.

4MuhrNT.gif

zTMGQLh.gif

95vwmPC.gif

ftrbi.gif

Thread winners. :D
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Oh, the sanctimony!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSG3qjVQL9y9qaoNjbF_fWLQuoutr9n_SkanlMWjasA6IfugWlh
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    if i want rice, i eat rice. if i want an apple, i eat an apple. if i want a piece of pumpkin pie, i eat a piece of pumpkin pie. i don't eat the whole pie. this is how you lose weight and get fit. you don't do it by adhering to lists of "approved" and "unapproved" foods.

There is nothing wrong with eating clean. IMO it's hard to logically argue that whole natural foods are a bad thing.

But I also don't see why the things you posted as examples are not clean, nor why amount eaten would have anything to do with whether a food is clean or not. The biggest problems with "clean eating" IMO is that it has no real definiton.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Get your logic out of here.

*examines Mirey's progress

*examines Sixout's progress

...hmmmm

As for evidence...I like these two folk's thoughts on the subject:

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6H2edyPLU8
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    My diet only consists of parmesan cheese and mustard.

i <3 you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Like I said before...I guess it's all relative. IMHO, there's nothing wrong with sugar...sugar occurs naturally...nothing unclean about sugar IMHO. I eat all kinds of fruit...fruit has sugar. I add table sugar to my ice tea, etc. I keep it in check and make it fit my macros...but really, I don't see how sugar would be "unclean"...perhaps a crazy persons definition, but certainly not mine. Sugar is grown...I don't see the problem.
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options

Sashimi is so great.

Dammit, now I'm jonesing.

One Sashimi Deluxe, please...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    you want a cookie?

cookie_kat-1.jpg
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    "Eating Clean"