Options
1234568»

Replies

• Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Lets hit the ole reset button OP …

you said in your post that you did not want to call attention to yourself….you then went on to list your lifting credentials (calling attention to yourself) and then spun it off on some self righteous rants about a fellow gym goer complaining about your self pro claimed bad a$$ness….

so yes, you called attention to yourself event though you said you did not want to = irony ..

it's kind of like saying…I don't think that person is stupid, but…

OR

I dont't want to call attention to myself, but…

if you wanted to gym rant/rage you could of done it on your wall and not posted in a public forum, but, again, you chose to call attention to yourself…

my selfie in no way invalidates the ironic nature of your post, which was my point..

I assumed nothing, I deduced it from your actions.

Well said!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    walldancer wrote: »
    Ok. I guess people aren't supposed to vent here. My bad. Wow.

TBH, vent posts usually don't go over well. Not that it's not ok to vent but there are just so many people here that when you vent many will agree, many will not, and others will be offended for a variety of reasons. MFP is just a huge and diverse community so it's really not a safe zone for venting.

For the record I've never had issues with grunters. My original "real" gym was the varsity gym at my university and it was called the Dungeon and we had a group of lifters there called the major howlers that were huge guys (mostly football and rugby players) who sounded like they were in labour. They were also lifting over 405lbs on the bench so we generally just let them be -- you know, for safety reason. ;)
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand why there are always the same few people who make people feel foolish for participating in the forums in their own way. Can you just have a silent thought about her post and move on?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    I guess I don't understand why there are always the same few people who make people feel foolish for participating in the forums in their own way. Can you just have a silent thought about her post and move on?

so its OK for OP to vent but no one can point out the ironic nature of her post????
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    It's the manner in which you consistently do it that catches my attention. Someone up there was clear and kind about why venting is not a great idea on a forum like this. Took him two seconds to type and wasn't even slightly nasty. I agree thst it's a bit ironic. I also think that with your ugly posts, you can tend to intimidate - or at least be adversarial with - people to on these forums. It's frustrating to me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

No.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It's the manner in which you consistently do it that catches my attention. Someone up there was clear and kind about why venting is not a great idea on a forum like this. Took him two seconds to type and wasn't even slightly nasty. I agree thst it's a bit ironic. I also think that with your ugly posts, you can tend to intimidate - or at least be adversarial with - people to on these forums. It's frustrating to me.

Any ugliness or intimidation you are adding in. They are words on a screen if you get intimidated that easily how do you survive in every day life???
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    don't be silly. Just be a little nicer to people.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

grumpy-cat-no-2.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Life isn't nice. Deal with it. *shrug*
  • 4leighbee
    Options

grumpy-cat-no-2.jpg

Lol okay. I lose.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

how was I ugly?

I simply said that someone that does not like calling attention to themselves and then does that very same thing is ironic. I would say that is neutral.

It was OP who went off on a tangent about my "selfie" pic and then made assumptions that I must be an ahole in real life..

so who is uglier?
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I was venting, but thanks for your criticism..mr flexing in the mirror selfie pic :)
    ummm OK ….thanks…

don't want to call attention to yourself, but you post a thread calling attention to yourself….

hmmm yea, I was not the one saying I am not trying to call attention to myself....

we get it, you are the bad *kitten* in the gym that everyone complains about...

This guy is a major troll, just ignore him.

Walldancer, you are awesome in my opinion. Some people get jealous of heavy lifting, You have to just ignore those haters. They just wish they could be like you. Those that whine about grunting or other noises should take their sorry *kitten* back home to workout.

I'm here now only because I didn't read this comment and saw it just now.

No they are not t--!!. Absolutely not.

They are extremely passionate about fitness in their own way and during disagreement (7 out 10 times it's the myth they disagree about) they do get harsh in their approach.

But they are definitely not what you are suggesting.

• runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I was venting, but thanks for your criticism..mr flexing in the mirror selfie pic :)
    ummm OK ….thanks…

don't want to call attention to yourself, but you post a thread calling attention to yourself….
    OP, That was absolutely uncalled for.