Options
1235»

Replies

• peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    peter56765 wrote: »
    Chain pizza is one of the truly bizarre things about America. You can go almost anywhere in this country and find a local pizza shop that A) has fresher ingredients, B:) will make almost any kind of specialty pizza you like, C) costs the same or is cheaper, and most importantly, D) tastes better.

How the chain pizza places continue to stay in business has always been a mystery to me.

Honestly Papa John is better than most of the local places in my area (and they deliver too). Go figure.
    Wow, pizza is one of those things that's pretty easy to make taste good. Decent ingredients and the right mix of seasonings are usually all you need. That's where the chains usually fall down. It's not worth it for your local guy to save 15 cents per pie with sub-par ingredients but if you're a chain that makes millions of them per year, you're bonus as an executive probably depends on that 15 cents.
    The only thing I wish is that I could find a pizza place that sells pizza with less toppings.
    Are you saying noone in your area will make a plain pizza?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    peter56765 wrote: »
    Chain pizza is one of the truly bizarre things about America. You can go almost anywhere in this country and find a local pizza shop that A) has fresher ingredients, B:) will make almost any kind of specialty pizza you like, C) costs the same or is cheaper, and most importantly, D) tastes better.

How the chain pizza places continue to stay in business has always been a mystery to me.

Honestly Papa John is better than most of the local places in my area (and they deliver too). Go figure.
    The only thing I wish is that I could find a pizza place that sells pizza with less toppings.

I agree. We have lots of little Italian places with "meh" pizza. There are a couple we really enjoy. But I like Papa Johns just as well.