Looking for LCHF/Keto friends

Options

Replies

• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Ive haven't had any energy lately....just feel blah. I am so confused about my fat/protein intake. Right now my goal is 80% fat 15% protein 5% carbs, not sure where I got that info from(reading or watching Stephanie Persons YouTube) l am losing weight but yesterday I was reading on FB other people do way more protein. I do usually go over the15% protein (usually 18 - 20) and usually a little under on my fat. Confused :(
    I think 80% is a bit drastic. Try switching to 75% fat 20% protein and 5% carb. Also make sure you are eating enough. I recommend using the keto calculator and customizing your calorie intake based on that. If you are feeling less energetic try upping your fat intake and making sure you are getting enough salt, potassium and magnesium.
  • aishlynn
    aishlynn Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi all!

I just stared a LCHF diet and am finding it difficult to keep my carbs down. I normally come out ok with my net carbs but today I came out at 29 net carbs (I seem to keep going up). I try to keep my protein up, but the carbs are getting to me. My diary is open if anyone wants to check it out (again, I've only been at it for a couple days so yeah) and offer feedback. Thanks!
  • KrissyDiaz11
    KrissyDiaz11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ive haven't had any energy lately....just feel blah. I am so confused about my fat/protein intake. Right now my goal is 80% fat 15% protein 5% carbs, not sure where I got that info from(reading or watching Stephanie Persons YouTube) l am losing weight but yesterday I was reading on FB other people do way more protein. I do usually go over the15% protein (usually 18 - 20) and usually a little under on my fat. Confused :(
    I think 80% is a bit drastic. Try switching to 75% fat 20% protein and 5% carb. Also make sure you are eating enough. I recommend using the keto calculator and customizing your calorie intake based on that. If you are feeling less energetic try upping your fat intake and making sure you are getting enough salt, potassium and magnesium.

Thanks Sarah, im going try that.

• KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    1 month doing LCHF and down 11#'s. Probably would have been more but I went on vacation 3 days. Still happy!!!! My sister is getting married in July, hoping to lose 20 more :D
  • OkSusan
    OkSusan Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Check your electrolytes.

I'd also up your protein, lower fat. Burn the fat from your body for energy, not your plate :)
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    OkSusan wrote: »

Check your electrolytes.

I'd also up your protein, lower fat. Burn the fat from your body for energy, not your plate :)

Thanks!
  • sarahbear1981
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OkSusan wrote: »

Check your electrolytes.

Thanks!

Upping protein is not effective if you are trying to be in ketosis. Ketosis is a High fat and only moderate protein way of eating. If you have too much protein there is a process called gluconeogenesis in which protein is converted to glucose and will spike insulin. The goal of keto is too keep insulin stable. Too much protein will throw you out of ketosis...
  • stevieedge2015
    stevieedge2015 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been on keto for 3 weeks, have lost 7lbs so far - want to lose 21 alltogether. I need to cut out milk though - I can't live without it in my tea (though I thought I couldn't live without sugar!). Feel free to add me, would love some keto friends!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options

I've been on keto for 3 weeks, have lost 7lbs so far - want to lose 21 alltogether. I need to cut out milk though - I can't live without it in my tea (though I thought I couldn't live without sugar!). Feel free to add me, would love some keto friends!

Try half and half or heavy cream in your coffee instead of milk. That's what I do. If it is because you can't tolerate milk, try unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    Anyone have breakfast ideas....don't have alot of time in morning, getting tired of eggs & bacon :\
  • KrissyDiaz11
    edited March 2015
    Options

Upped my protein to 20% and I definitely feel better....Tks!
  • KrissyDiaz11
    edited March 2015
    Options
    :)

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Anyone have breakfast ideas....don't have alot of time in morning, getting tired of eggs & bacon :\

I enjoy fritattas..which is more egg. I breathe i'm hungry dot com has one with spinach, sausage, and feta that is really good..even reheated. There are keto pancake recipes out there. I also like oopsie bread with a sausage patty and cheese. Chia pudding is another..and it's prepared the night before. I have to throw the chia seeds into a processor first. I like the texture of the pudding better that way. It's more smooth less goopy. I'll have a quest bar with coffee and heavy cream if I don't have time for anything else.

You also don't have to eat traditional breakfast foods for breakfast. ;)
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options

I enjoy fritattas..which is more egg. I breathe i'm hungry dot com has one with spinach, sausage, and feta that is really good..even reheated. There are keto pancake recipes out there. I also like oopsie bread with a sausage patty and cheese. Chia pudding is another..and it's prepared the night before. I have to throw the chia seeds into a processor first. I like the texture of the pudding better that way. It's more smooth less goopy. I'll have a quest bar with coffee and heavy cream if I don't have time for anything else.

You also don't have to eat traditional breakfast foods for breakfast. ;)

Tks for the idea's, thinking about making some keto pancakes this weekend and freeze
  • GymBard
    GymBard Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Add me! Add me! I'm relatively new to the keto lifestyle but am reading lots of good stuff about the practice, have started on it and it's done some good for me. I would LOVE to have more Ketogenic friends to share stories and get support for because I still have lots of questions.
  • loGIJane
    loGIJane Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started eating LCHF 5 days ago, going well so far on 5% carbs, 20% protein & 75% fat. I end up eating around 1500-1600 cals a day. I bought myself one of those Ketonix breath analysers and it has been in the orange for most of the time which means I have a moderate level of acetone in the breath (good sign). My question is around exercise... I'm really not a fan at this stage. I don't mind walking on the treadmill while I watch a show or taking the dog out for a quick walk but I'm not into the Gym and lifting weights etc. Are there many of you that have had big losses and not really incorporated much exercise into your daily routines? I know it sounds lazy of me but I just want to know what's the bare minimum I have to do to still have a big weight loss? I have about 100 pounds to lose. I'm happy to do more as I go on.. I'm just trying to adjust to this lifestyle in baby-steps rather than overhauling everything at once.
  • sarahbear1981
    Options
    I usually walk the dog and I have just started doing Insanity but I lost about 30 pounds doing Keto with minimal exercise.
  • loGIJane
    Options
    thank you! That's encouraging, I plan to do more as I go along and I'm sure I'll want to by then. cheers
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    loGIJane wrote: »
    thank you! That's encouraging, I plan to do more as I go along and I'm sure I'll want to by then. cheers

I agree with sarahbear. Zero exercise is necessary to lose weight. Exercise IS good for physical fitness and overall health though. I didn't exercise at all the first week, then started small by taking a walk or doing a walk-at-home video about 3 or 4 times a week. Over time, I felt a lot more like moving. Now it's almost a year later, 88lb down, and I lift 2 days a week and walk for an hour 5 days a week, sometimes more. For now, just move some, and as you lose weight, get stronger, and gain energy, you can slowly ramp it up as you go. No need to rush into the gym. :smile:
  • loGIJane
    Options
    I woke up Wednesday mornings miserable to the point i had to rest my arms in the shower while washing my hair. Whole body exhausted all day, woke up feeling great today?....thank god! Anyone have trouple sleeping or have WEIRD dreams?
    SereneRose wrote: »
    Hi, I follow a LCHF diet, my diary is pretty basic but I have been having success with it since getting back on the wagon Monday I've lost 6 lbs and looking forward to sticking with it this time. :)

Sweet!

Yes!! been having crazy vivid dreams for the past 3 days. Been following a LCHF diet for the past 8 days.