Looking for LCHF/Keto friends

Options
12346»

Replies

• hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've been eating LCHF since November. I lost 20 pounds in the first two months. I'm going a bit slower now, partly from having a more sedentary job now and not being able to work out during the harshest winter months, but I am still losing about 5# a month even with falling off the wagon a few times. ~50g net works fine for me.
  • seyeketak
    seyeketak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been keeping my carbs about 10-20 grams per day. Lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks. Love lchf! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • kosho2010
    kosho2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been eating not particularly strict LCHF (under 100 g protein, around 80 net carbs, unrestricted calorie so the rest is fat) for 2 years and I've lost 35 lbs of the probably 70 that I should lose. I've been on a plateau so I'm working to keep my net carbs under 50 consistently to start losing again. I thought I was done with keto flu, but in the last week where I've been doing better at keeping my carbs down I've needed to add salted broth and olives to my diet to avoid feeling woozy. Anyway, I've been very happy with LCHF - I eat lots of different foods that I like, I've found socializing and eating in restaurants manageable, and obviously losing 35 lbs has been very exciting.

Regarding non-egg breakfasts, I made this http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2014/06/17/grain-free-granola/ to eat with creme fraiche and maybe a few berries today. I added some stevia drops to sweeten it, but otherwise followed the recipe and it is delicious.
  • pianojam14
    pianojam14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto since April 6th and have lost 23 lbs! I'm seriously in love with new lifestyle and look forward to jumping on the scale!
  • MalloryMelts14
    MalloryMelts14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been doing lchf since April 28th and lost 13lbs. I'm not as strict as I want to be. But I'm definitely liking this lifestyle a lot better. And I'm trying to convince my husband to do it with me. I've just started adding a little exercise. Only because I have gained so much weight it's put a strain on my asthma. But I do enough until I get to that point where my breath is hard to catch. I'm more excited to get on the scale for sure!
  • MissINSleep
    MissINSleep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Mallory my name is Paula, this is the middle of week 2 for me on the lchf and I'm just getting over the carb and sugar cravings, they have just eased.... thank god lol. Bread is absolutely my favourite thing so it was very hard to give it away :( I have lost 3kg in just under 8 days (starting at 92kg now at 89kg). My goal weight is 60kg as you can see I have a fair way to go, but I'm confident I can do it this time :) anyway got to go talk really soon ;) bye for now
  • TCHT
    TCHT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Trying to join a lchf group. Not really tech savvy :( help!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    Click that link. There should be a Join Group button near the top.
    I'm one of the mods. We'd be glad to have you. :smile:
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been following lchf/ keto for over a year now. I've lost 26 lbs (was 35 but gained 9 back when I went off the rails back in april while on vacation. Damn all inclusive lol) I keep my net carbs under 20g.

I'd love to have some new friends who share their diaries. I really need to get some new food ideas.
  • eatingfatbeingfat
    eatingfatbeingfat Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Was a little scared to put coconut oil in my coffee(what i look fwd to everyday)didn't want to ruin it......not bad!
    I am a coffee fanatic and I have two bullet proof coffees a day... I love it and it keeps me satisfied. I do mine this way: One cup of coffee (I use k-cups) 1tbsp of Kerrygold grass fed butter, one tbsp of heavy whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp of coconut oil and torani sugar free syrup (I have chocolate right now) I blend this in my magic bullet and then pour it in to my to go mug! Super delicious!

Jesus that sounds amazing....I want to eat breakfast at your house!