Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Zedeff wrote: »
    You are describing a logical fallacy known as a Moving Goalpost. The initial criticism was uncalled for, later information justified it, therefore the initial criticism was supposedly justified. I'm sorry, but logic doesn't work that way. I don't expect you to understand.

Don't you think that's enough already? You're criticizing what people said when it's not your job to defend people. Then you do it by insulting others. Enough already. Just walk away before this thread gets locked up because it's coming soon.

And FYI - You attempted to sht talk me, I made my point then you responded with trying to insult me in another post you wrote directed at someone else. I let it go. Walk away from this thread l, move on.

I guess my admit defeat post was wrong.

Nah, you are obviously entitled to your opinion but in my opinion I actually don't like for someone to admit they are wrong. In the game of mind f'ing someone you get win by infiltrating and getting them to corner themselves and seeing which emotional direction they resort to. You can clearly see when someone knows they are wrong. You don't need them to admit it. I find it more pleasurable to be able to be in someone's mind better than they can in their own.

I like you 'cos you kinda freaky :heart_eyes:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You are describing a logical fallacy known as a Moving Goalpost. The initial criticism was uncalled for, later information justified it, therefore the initial criticism was supposedly justified. I'm sorry, but logic doesn't work that way. I don't expect you to understand.

Don't you think that's enough already? You're criticizing what people said when it's not your job to defend people. Then you do it by insulting others. Enough already. Just walk away before this thread gets locked up because it's coming soon.

And FYI - You attempted to sht talk me, I made my point then you responded with trying to insult me in another post you wrote directed at someone else. I let it go. Walk away from this thread l, move on.

Nah, you are obviously entitled to your opinion but in my opinion I actually don't like for someone to admit they are wrong. In the game of mind f'ing someone you get win by infiltrating and getting them to corner themselves and seeing which emotional direction they resort to. You can clearly see when someone knows they are wrong. You don't need them to admit it. I find it more pleasurable to be able to be in someone's mind better than they can in their own.

Which was why I was such a good target last year because I hate saying I'm wrong.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Which was why I was such a good target last year because I hate saying I'm wrong.

well its gotta blow to come in the thread guns blazing, blasting everyone for criticizing OP and then realizing you were dead wrong..

whoops!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

Yo - that's NOT Moving The Goalposts, Bro.

Most folks just call that "being right"

Just sayin' ...

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27, that post is exactly my point.

You, presented with zero information on the suggested diet - for all you know, the "detox" could have been "sign up with MFP and eat the calories suggested" - say to fire the trainer, which for somebody lost and confused is easily read as "fire your trainer who you are probably paying lots of money for because you hired an idiot, and therefore, you yourself are probably an idiot."

It's not helpful, in any way.

You don't even know if the trainer is the one who used the word detox! It's such a hot buzz word in every magazine and TV show that for all we know, the trainer suggested a diet and the OP or someone else labeled it a detox. We know so few facts here (a fault of the OP, to be fair) that the criticism here is unjustified. I think it is fair to critique the lack of information, but not fair to criticism what you GUESS that information to be.

Except you're wrong:
    KirstyBorg wrote: »
    He uses the word detox because I don't have any pasta or bread or meat apart from fish (3 times a day) for these 2 weeks (I have carbs in porridge, broccoli and so on)

Except my comment was with regards to the second post in this entire thread. Thanks for coming out.

1227466172873.gif

I cannot stop laughing at this.

Me either. I've never seen this one. Hilarious! Going to have to save it for future use.
  • KirstyBorg
    KirstyBorg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone for their comments.
    I mainly wanted to know what should I do when I go off track from a diet plan.
    Most of you have a point and I need to question my trainers decision which I will do!
    Thanks for your support
  • ndj1979
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27, that post is exactly my point.

You, presented with zero information on the suggested diet - for all you know, the "detox" could have been "sign up with MFP and eat the calories suggested" - say to fire the trainer, which for somebody lost and confused is easily read as "fire your trainer who you are probably paying lots of money for because you hired an idiot, and therefore, you yourself are probably an idiot."

It's not helpful, in any way.

You don't even know if the trainer is the one who used the word detox! It's such a hot buzz word in every magazine and TV show that for all we know, the trainer suggested a diet and the OP or someone else labeled it a detox. We know so few facts here (a fault of the OP, to be fair) that the criticism here is unjustified. I think it is fair to critique the lack of information, but not fair to criticism what you GUESS that information to be.

Except you're wrong:
    He uses the word detox because I don't have any pasta or bread or meat apart from fish (3 times a day) for these 2 weeks (I have carbs in porridge, broccoli and so on)

Except my comment was with regards to the second post in this entire thread. Thanks for coming out.

1227466172873.gif

I cannot stop laughing at this.

Me either. I've never seen this one. Hilarious! Going to have to save it for future use.

I have seen it before so can't take credit for being original gif poster...
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Most of you have a point and I need to question my trainers decision which I will do!
    Thanks for your support

just move on to the next day and keep working. its not healthy to feel down or like you need to stop all efforts because of an unplanned indulgence. if you stop all the time, you will never make any marked progress. :)

good luck.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Am I the only one totally grossed out by food fountains? I'm not a germaphobe, but I can't stop thinking that the fountains are a hotbed of herpes or something.

Don't invite dirty people to your fountain.

This made my day.

If they are clean, clothing optional might be a thing.

I eat clean so I'm good right?

if you're eating clean..what do you want with a chocolate caramel fountain?

What I do with the fountain is between me and god.

I'm glad I have a good camera.
  • dbmata
    Options

You have so many chances to practice saying it tho bro.

InB4 shutupdave
  • dbmata
    Options
    Thanks for your support

Lady, I would fire the diet plan and the trainer.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support

Here we are six pages into this and you still haven't detailed the plan so how can anyone say if it is something you should continue on with it or not?
  • dbmata
    Options
    Thanks for your support

Here we are six pages into this and you still haven't detailed the plan so how can anyone say if it is something you should continue on with it or not?

there might not be a plan?

THERE IS NO SPOON!
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ...keep following the plan?
    WNYEj9G.gif

Listen to The Beard. The Beard knows all! ooooooooom

(Seriously, that thing is majestic!)
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Thanks for your support

Lady, I would fire the diet plan and the trainer.

agree
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    just wanted to add that there are some legitimate purposes to 'detoxes'. I have severe allergies - many of them foods - and because they present differently than most food allergies, they hadn't been discovered by allergy testing. I was extremely sick even though I was eating 'healthfully' about 15 years ago now. I asked a friend who was a nurse help me create a diet to detox my body - i wasn't looking to lose weight - i was looking to elimiante whatever was making me feel crappy. It was one of the best decisions of my life, because I discovered all my food allergies and am now healthier than i ever have been, from avoiding these foods.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    So, to answer the actual question first, no. If you go "off program," regardless of your program, you haven't undone your previous work or ruined anything. You have merely made an adult decision to delay the gratification of reaching your goal for a more immediate gratification of whatever you consumed. Even those who do keto, which takes a little effort to get into, will go off program once in a while for something they feel is worth it. And that's the trick...just make sure you're making a rational decision to make an exception because something is worth it to you, and not just because it's offered, or free, or there, or whatever.

Regarding the controversy, just be aware that most personal trainers do not have a background or education in nutrition, and they unfortunately are just as prone to buying into bro science as the rest of the population. Keeping an ear out for buzzwords like "clean" and "detox" can help weed those out, but they don't necessarily disqualify someone. Communication is key with a personal trainer. Any trainer should not mind in the least sharing his or her education and qualifications, and should not mind backing up their recommendations with science. A good trainer is eager for you to learn, not just follow blindly.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    OK my advice is to just get right back onto your healthy eating plan and try to forget about the little thingy with the chocolate fountain. :)