Females who eat near 1800 calories

Options

Replies

• kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1800 a day, feel free to add me!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    And fyi- i lost my first 25lbs eating 1870, sometimes over. I lost roughly 2-3lbs a week in the beginning.
    The reason i can eat at that higher goal is because i weigh so much more than you. With exercise, i was having some 2000cal days and consistently losing. I do try to go to the gym 3x a week, but dont always make it if im called into work. But im set to active, as i wanted a little wiggle room and my job is very physical.

Just wanted to say- it IS possible to lose weight at that many calories! Some even higher. Even without exercise. Its all dependent on your stats- height, weight, age, activity level....
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am 1750. Been at this little over two weeks and lost 7lbs. My diary is open too. Add me if you like! We can all inspire each other!
  • teanahk
    teanahk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 eating about 1700. I could use a few buddies if anybody wants to add me.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm eating between 1600- 1800. I could always use more friends.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't think there'd be many females out there who could maintain or lose on 1800 calories without exercise.

My maintenance is about 1550 if I'm sedentary.
  • cheyenneholland343
    Options
    I eat around 1,200 calories a day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So not around 1800 then?
  • Coachconni
    Coachconni Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    3000 to 5000 Cal's, trying to make it down gradually.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    So not around 1800 then?

LOL I'm glad someone said what I was thinking...
  • kristasjostrand
    kristasjostrand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting thread...when I started using myfitnesspal, the recommended calories from the app said 1200. I have been very committed to doing exercise - typically T25 and walking so average an hour a day...Seriously watching my diet - less than 50 carbs per day, no wheat, corn, added sugar, and haven't lost an inch or pound. Your posts about how many calories is freaking me out! I am SO scared to eat more because my mind says eat more, gain more and I know how hard it has been for me to even lose at all. I am hopeful that by increasing my intake, I will have the success you have written about.
    I am currently 35 years old, 190 lbs.
    please friend me - I have no idea how this works ; )

If you haven't lost weight doing 1200, you're not going to lose by upping your calories.
    Are you weighing, measuring and honestly logging everything you eat and drink?

Yes I have been measuring food and many days I am under my 1200 calorie mark. Before i started this journey I didn't watch what I ate and little exercise. Since I have made dramatic changes to both I would have expected to see loss. That is why I am a little intrigued at this thread and how people are saying they eat more to lose. Why are you saying I shouldn't have to? Thanks!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't think there'd be many females out there who could maintain or lose on 1800 calories without exercise.

I eat 1800+ exercise calories and am losing approx 1.5# per week.
  • kristasjostrand
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »

I eat 1800+ exercise calories and am losing approx 1.5# per week.

I am curious..what is your height weight and age? I appreciate your help!
  • kristasjostrand
    Options
    I
    And fyi- i lost my first 25lbs eating 1870, sometimes over. I lost roughly 2-3lbs a week in the beginning.
    The reason i can eat at that higher goal is because i weigh so much more than you. With exercise, i was having some 2000cal days and consistently losing. I do try to go to the gym 3x a week, but dont always make it if im called into work. But im set to active, as i wanted a little wiggle room and my job is very physical.

Just wanted to say- it IS possible to lose weight at that many calories! Some even higher. Even without exercise. Its all dependent on your stats- height, weight, age, activity level....

I want to be like you! What are your stats? Getting so frustrated watching what I eat and exercise only to see no results. You are inspiring and making me feel hopeful. Thank you

• WinoGelato
    Options
    This is a very interesting thread...when I started using myfitnesspal, the recommended calories from the app said 1200. I have been very committed to doing exercise - typically T25 and walking so average an hour a day...Seriously watching my diet - less than 50 carbs per day, no wheat, corn, added sugar, and haven't lost an inch or pound. Your posts about how many calories is freaking me out! I am SO scared to eat more because my mind says eat more, gain more and I know how hard it has been for me to even lose at all. I am hopeful that by increasing my intake, I will have the success you have written about.

If you haven't lost weight doing 1200, you're not going to lose by upping your calories.

Yes I have been measuring food and many days I am under my 1200 calorie mark. Before i started this journey I didn't watch what I ate and little exercise. Since I have made dramatic changes to both I would have expected to see loss. That is why I am a little intrigued at this thread and how people are saying they eat more to lose. Why are you saying I shouldn't have to? Thanks!

The saying "eat more to lose" should really be rephrased as, "eat more calories within a reasonable deficit and continue to lose weight, but potentially at a slower pace". It doesn't mean that you will lose more by eating more, the reason it is recommended is because for many people, the 1200 calorie number, or other aggressive deficits, are too difficult to adhere to and often people slip up and undo their deficits when they do, or completely give up. Many who are not losing are not diligent about weighing, measuring, and logging everything and so the first suggestion is to make sure you are being accurate with your logging.

You said you are measuring, are you weighing your solids with a food scale?
  • kristasjostrand
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

The saying "eat more to lose" should really be rephrased as, "eat more calories within a reasonable deficit and continue to lose weight, but potentially at a slower pace". It doesn't mean that you will lose more by eating more, the reason it is recommended is because for many people, the 1200 calorie number, or other aggressive deficits, are too difficult to adhere to and often people slip up and undo their deficits when they do, or completely give up. Many who are not losing are not diligent about weighing, measuring, and logging everything and so the first suggestion is to make sure you are being accurate with your logging.

Measure with cups and oz. yes

• WinoGelato
    Options

You should really invest in a food scale and weigh your solid foods if you are not losing as you would expect. Many people find it to be incredibly eye opening.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

You should really invest in a food scale and weigh your solid foods if you are not losing as you would expect. Many people find it to be incredibly eye opening.

Very eye opening at the moment after weighing my "two slices" of bacon, which once weighed is really almost three slices. Yep yep.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late for the party but would love to have more friends that actually eat and lose weight, I think I sent most of you friend requests already. I started at 242 lbs on Jan 1st and ate at least 1700 calories, now at 205 lbs my goal is 1400 but I generally eat about 1600-1800 calories with exercise, sometimes up to 2000.
  • fatkidonadiet
    fatkidonadiet Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1990 -- but I eat about 1600-1800 most days.