Females who eat near 1800 calories

Options

Replies

• rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't think there'd be many females out there who could maintain or lose on 1800 calories without exercise.

I maintain my lowest (goal) weight on 1800/2000 calories without exercise and I can maintain my current weight (20 pounds over goal) at around 2200 without exercise!

• cbhutton
    cbhutton Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1850 + exercise, thereabouts.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't think there'd be many females out there who could maintain or lose on 1800 calories without exercise.

On the days I don't exercise I usually only eat 1800. When I exercise I eat over 2000. I'm still loosing... But I'm also 5'9"

I maintain my lowest (goal) weight on 1800/2000 calories without exercise and I can maintain my current weight (20 pounds over goal) at around 2200 without exercise!

So there's hope for me :wink: . I'm 5"8 and 140lbs, I'm not sure what my maintenance calories are yet.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

At 5'4" and 135, I would maintain on about 1800 without exercise.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

At 5'4" and 135, I would maintain on about 1800 without exercise.

Awesome that's great to hear. I'm eating at my goal weight maintenance calories now, which is 1650 calories. I haven't had a perfect week, so have yet to see if I'm on target or not...

• runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    5'6" 119# maintenance is 1780 set at lightly active. I'm averaging around 1850 for March (without checking my spreadsheet).
  • haleygray913
    haleygray913 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am at 1900-2000, and I have no friends yet...feel free to add me!
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Average 1300- 1600 .. My Diary is open
  • kristasjostrand
    kristasjostrand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting thread...when I started using myfitnesspal, the recommended calories from the app said 1200. I have been very committed to doing exercise - typically T25 and walking so average an hour a day...Seriously watching my diet - less than 50 carbs per day, no wheat, corn, added sugar, and haven't lost an inch or pound. Your posts about how many calories is freaking me out! I am SO scared to eat more because my mind says eat more, gain more and I know how hard it has been for me to even lose at all. I am hopeful that by increasing my intake, I will have the success you have written about.
    I am currently 35 years old, 190 lbs.
    please friend me - I have no idea how this works ; )
  • Christine_72
    Options
    This is a very interesting thread...when I started using myfitnesspal, the recommended calories from the app said 1200. I have been very committed to doing exercise - typically T25 and walking so average an hour a day...Seriously watching my diet - less than 50 carbs per day, no wheat, corn, added sugar, and haven't lost an inch or pound. Your posts about how many calories is freaking me out! I am SO scared to eat more because my mind says eat more, gain more and I know how hard it has been for me to even lose at all. I am hopeful that by increasing my intake, I will have the success you have written about.

If you haven't lost weight doing 1200, you're not going to lose by upping your calories.
    Are you weighing, measuring and honestly logging everything you eat and drink?

• kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do TDEE and eat 1800 but don't log exercise. Feel free to add :)
  • amberandroid1
    amberandroid1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat roughly 1200-1400
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

If you haven't lost weight doing 1200, you're not going to lose by upping your calories.
    Are you weighing, measuring and honestly logging everything you eat and drink?

This. Also, unless you have a medical reason to do so, you do not necessarily need to restrict carbs, gluten, corn or sugar. Calories in less than calories out is what matters for weight loss, and the best way to achieve that is to accurately log your food, weighing your solid foods with a food scale and measuring your liquids as well. Once you establish these good habits you can determine the appropriate calorie level for you.

• Joelley1007
    Joelley1007 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I'm set to 1780 , eating close to that most days. I also exercise 6 days a week.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I eat roughly 1200-1400

That's not really near 1800...
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming everyone here who eats around 1800 calories exercises a fair bit too??

I don't quite eat 1800, 1600 usually, but I workout 6, sometimes 7 times a week...HIIT, PT sessions, kettlebells, spinning, circuits...and I walk loads too, plus I run round after 3 young children. When I go back to work after maternity leave I'll be on my feet all day as I'm a teacher.
  • kristinacm10
    Options
    I'm 1730
  • madube84
    madube84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1800
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter what kinds of foods you but out of your diet, unless you have an allergy or other medical condition. If you are not in a calorie deficit, you will not lose. It is quite common to be where you are if you are a) overestimating your calorie burns from exercise and b) underestimating how many calories you're eating. You can very easily over eat on "healthy" foods.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming everyone here who eats around 1800 calories exercises a fair bit too??

My calorie goal is now 1744 so even if i dont exercise i eat near that. But i eat more when i workout. Lately ive been eating less during the week so i can have more on weekends.