March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    ladies can we talk TOM? seriously this wee i ran a 15k on sunday. monday i just did 2 miles and wednesday a little under 4. but I havent dragged myself out to any other runs or workouts all week. I feel so run down and run over. anyone else get this way? also my tiumes on those runs were a good minutes or so slower. this is normal right?
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    ladies can we talk TOM? seriously this wee i ran a 15k on sunday. monday i just did 2 miles and wednesday a little under 4. but I havent dragged myself out to any other runs or workouts all week. I feel so run down and run over. anyone else get this way? also my tiumes on those runs were a good minutes or so slower. this is normal right?

Yes, it's normal. We're all different in how it hits us and how we cope, but for me ... attention on hydration, eating plenty (I don't allow myself to get hungry, if I can help it - bad things happen when I'm hungry), and eating red meat/spinach are the things I try to do. If you feel sluggish, don't put too much pressure on yourself - maybe mix up your workout routine during that period of time, so that you aren't comparing your performance to what you did the week before.

ETA: Getting your workout in is especially important (to me) during this time, even if it's not at an optimal level, because I'm eating at a deficit, and I *need* the calories during those days more than most others to avoid hunger. Besides ... exercise just makes me feel better/normal.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    1 - 12mi, easy
    2 - 8.2mi, easy
    3 - 8.2mi, tempo
    4 - 10mi, easy w/FF
    5 - 8mi, intervals
    6 - 8mi

Total: 54.4mi

Mar goal: 275mi

• Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1194aaf192bb80c.gif

3/2 = 5.09 miles
    3/3 = 3.11 miles
    3/4 = 3.27 miles
    3/5 = Weights and x train
    3/6 = 6.25 miles

The first couple of miles felt like I was trying to run with a full body cast on. After that, it went well except for having to stop to speak to all of the elderly in our neighborhood who were out walking their pooches. Love me some puppies and the neighbors are awesome, but I had to stop 5 times. Still a good run today and barring any craziness, I will make my goal before I have to put the breaks on.
  • Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Fri…...3/6...4.33...miles – Pace 10:32: Speed intervals 1:10 fast, 1:50 slow
    Tue....3/3...3.04...miles – Pace 9:53
    Mon...3/2...3.01...miles – Pace 11:52 (Training a dog not to act like a maniac on the leash)
    Total: 10.37
    March goal: 54 miles; 43.63 to go

exercise.png
    2015 total goal 1074
  • Wendy1Fl
    Wendy1Fl Posts: 102 Member
    Options

You sound exactly like me. It's like all my superpowers get sucked out of me for 3 or 4 days. I'm a whole other creature during that time. Sluggish, drowsy, no energy & cranky. Half the time I barely make it through work & just crawl into bed for the night when I get home. It's hormonal, & I haven't found any effective way to combat it. I just keep telling myself 'This too, shall pass.' then in half a week I bounce back to my normal energy level & running is possible again. Don't be hard on yourself for it, just focus on self-care.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    06-Mar +7.8 = 21.8

b711f2b2eade190.png
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    06-Mar +7.8 = 21.8

b711f2b2eade190.png

love the ticker - and couldn't agree more!
  • VintageMatch
    VintageMatch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    03/02- 2 miles
    03/04- 2.25 miles
    03/06- 3.1 miles
    Total 7.35 miles ...... Goal 26 miles
  • cooter_mom
    cooter_mom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    01- rest sick
    02- rest still sick
    03- 3.6 miles TM
    04- 3.74 miles TM
    05- 3.84 miles TM
    06- 4.08 miles TM

A new PR for me today. 3.1 miles in 44:11 and 4.08 miles in 60 minutes, all while fighting a chest cold!!!!! So very proud of myself and how far I've come in the short 7 weeks I've been running. I could barely run for 5 minutes at 3mph and maybe get 3 miles in 60 minutes. (I am Canadian but my treadmill is in miles, so that's what I use). Now I can run comfortably at 3.8-4.2 for 30-50 minutes. This is a BIG deal for me. And an added bonus, I'm losing inches in all the right places and my hiney is getting nice and perky. :wink: Hubby sure enjoys that! Onward and upward people!!!

exercise.png
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Shooting for 80 miles for the month.

3/1: 5.6 Miles
    3/2: 5.1 Miles
    3/3: 6.2 Miles
    3/4: 5.1 Miles
    3/5: 7.0 Miles
    3/6: 8.0 Miles

Total: 37 Miles to date

384a78d32a72402.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @cooter_mom‌ ! There's nothing better that that feeling of improvement. Pay off! Can't wait to hear what another 7 weeks will bring.

I read that it takes 6 years to reach that peak cardiovascular conditioning. I look forward to many new pr's!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @cooter_mom congrats on the new PR
    @dennie24 beautiful picture, where is that?
    @dawnna76 can't help you out with the TOM, I'm so old that's no longer an issue :smiley:
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    22.6 done, 47.4 to do.
    Nice to be out in the first of the spring weather, 46F and a light breeze, very pleasant.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @akirkman86 Thanks! I have not bought a running stroller yet...To be honest I have not bought any baby stuff... :# I bought a new pair of running shoes for me, does that count? :D I am planning on getting BOB Revolution stroller closer to May/June. Do you have any recommendations?

On a side note...How are my east coast running buddies handling this weather? I am about to lose it, honestly...Come one, spring, get here!!!

exercise.png
    3/2 = 6.5 miles
    3/3 = strength training
    3/4 = 6.5 miles
    3/6 = 5 miles
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

I get out of sort too, but for me its mostly the few days prior. I get cold and lazy, just want to lay around and snack. My solution has been Red Bull and Advil so far. Hormones do play havoc with our energy. Good luck!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    After that, it went well except for having to stop to speak to all of the elderly in our neighborhood who were out walking their pooches.
    I ignore everyone when I run. Especially if they are my age or older. We are old windbags who will yak the very life out of your run. Just ignore us.

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am planning on getting BOB Revolution stroller closer to May/June.
    On a side note...How are my east coast running buddies handling this weather? I am about to lose it, honestly...Come one, spring, get here!!!
    A BOB stroller?? If BOB means what I think it means that must be an amazing stroller...

And I am so sick of this weather I am taking it out on people... good thing that is what I get paid to do...

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    @akirkman86 Thanks! I have not bought a running stroller yet...To be honest I have not bought any baby stuff... :# I bought a new pair of running shoes for me, does that count? :D I am planning on getting BOB Revolution stroller closer to May/June. Do you have any recommendations?

exercise.png
    3/2 = 6.5 miles
    3/3 = strength training
    3/4 = 6.5 miles
    3/6 = 5 miles

FML.

It's all street running or nothing by me- sidewalks are seriously not in good contintion. I did a quick bit on Monday- but I think tonight I'm going to aim for 4+ on the deadmill- I don't have the right highvis stuff to be outside after hours running in the street.

Although- being said- perhaps I should go shopping <clapshandstogethergleefully>

But if the sun is out- I'll go outside- happy I have a running beanie. It's warm. Seriously. nice and warm.
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    3/2 - 3.1 miles, treadmill (office gym)
    3/4 - 4 miles, treadmill (office gym)
    3/6 - 3.1 miles, treadmill (apartment gym)

exercise.png