March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I am planning on getting BOB Revolution stroller closer to May/June.
    On a side note...How are my east coast running buddies handling this weather? I am about to lose it, honestly...Come one, spring, get here!!!
    A BOB stroller?? If BOB means what I think it means that must be an amazing stroller...

And I am so sick of this weather I am taking it out on people... good thing that is what I get paid to do...

I don't think BOB the stroller will fit in the nightstand...
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @akirkman86 Thanks! I have not bought a running stroller yet...To be honest I have not bought any baby stuff... :# I bought a new pair of running shoes for me, does that count? :D I am planning on getting BOB Revolution stroller closer to May/June. Do you have any recommendations?

On a side note...How are my east coast running buddies handling this weather? I am about to lose it, honestly...Come one, spring, get here!!!

exercise.png
    3/2 = 6.5 miles
    3/3 = strength training
    3/4 = 6.5 miles
    3/6 = 5 miles

I have a single BOB - the Sport and a double BOB - the Revolution. For running I actually like the bigger, more durable wheels of the Sport. However, if you are going to use it as an everyday type stroller the front wheel of the Revolution can be both fixed wheel (for running) and rotating (for walking). I love both though. There was a great runningworld article that compared a bunch of them:

http://www.runnersworld.com/other-gear/running-stroller-reviews

and

http://www.runnersworld.com/other-gear/an-athletes-guide-to-running-strollers
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @JoRocka I hate dreadmill with passion too, but this season it's not just about me. I am not afraid of the low temperatures, but rather terrified of slipping and falling and hurting my unborn child...so dreadmill it has been for the last few week! :s

@Lonewolfrunner Remember that one time you said "Let's switch jobs for a day?" I think the day has come...

@briebee7 Thanks for the links! I will look into more options and list them all on my registry :# Evidently some people are just dyeing to buy stuff

• akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    briebee7 wrote: »
    @akirkman86 Thanks! I have not bought a running stroller yet...To be honest I have not bought any baby stuff... :# I bought a new pair of running shoes for me, does that count? :D I am planning on getting BOB Revolution stroller closer to May/June. Do you have any recommendations?

exercise.png
    3/2 = 6.5 miles
    3/3 = strength training
    3/4 = 6.5 miles
    3/6 = 5 miles

I have a single BOB - the Sport and a double BOB - the Revolution. For running I actually like the bigger, more durable wheels of the Sport. However, if you are going to use it as an everyday type stroller the front wheel of the Revolution can be both fixed wheel (for running) and rotating (for walking). I love both though. There was a great runningworld article that compared a bunch of them:

http://www.runnersworld.com/other-gear/running-stroller-reviews

and

http://www.runnersworld.com/other-gear/an-athletes-guide-to-running-strollers

Thanks, that's helpful! Ugh I don't know how I'll ever run again once I have two kiddos!
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    __Date___ Miles
    Mar 1 ___ 3.5am 7°F + 6.1pm 26°F - it's almost maple sugar weather!
    Mar 2 ___ 5.7 with friends + 3.6 alone
    Mar 3 ___ 1.4 streak + strength training
    Mar 4 ___ 5.1 with friend + 3.5 alone
    Mar 5 ___ 2.3 + strength training
    Mar 6 ___ 8.8am alone + 4.6pm w/friend

Month total= 44.5 running miles __120.5 remaining

exercise.png

Current Streak: 194days = 1219.7miles
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @runningmischka - Best of luck on everything!

@akirkman86 - with 2 you just learn quickly to avoid any sort of hill. The stroller plus kids weighs a ton and can be tough on inclines (Mine is 35lb stroller + 70lbs of kid weight). Flats are super chill though with a nice stroller.
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    @dennie24 - love that pic!!
    @cooter_mom - Congrats and high five!!
    @runningmischka - thank you for saying you were done with the weather...you NEVER complain so it was so validating to hear that you've had it too!! I try to be positive about the winter (to prevent insanity living in Maine) but I am so ready for these snow banks to disappear so my running routes are back!!!

3/1, 2.2 miles, snowshoe (not counting as running miles)
    3/2, 5.0 miles, treadmill (C'mon spring, I want off this treadmill!)
    3/3, 6.0 miles, outside!!! It was cold, wet and icy but worth it! ;)
    3/4, rest, was able to get a walk at lunch in the 40 degree sunshine!
    3/5, 4.34 miles, treadmill
    3/6, 4.34 miles, treadmill

19.68 miles total; 100 miles goal
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Opposite of a good run today. Probably one of the worst I've ever had. 4.27 miles felt like 427... Sort of dizzy. Maybe not enough carbs today. Temps let up and that means allergies, I guess. Ran in my new thermal pants ~50+F, maybe I got too warm. Tomorrow, maybe, will be better.

exercise.png

Edit- had a sweet cinnamon raisin English muffin and seem to be feeling back to normal. Hmm exausted stored glycogen? 91g carbs by time I ran. A1c was fine last October.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Opposite of a good run today. Probably one of the worst I've ever had. 4.27 miles felt like 427... Sort of dizzy. Maybe not enough carbs today. Temps let up and that means allergies, I guess. Ran in my new thermal pants ~50+F, maybe I got too warm. Tomorrow, maybe, will be better.

Edit- had a sweet cinnamon raisin English muffin and seem to be feeling back to normal. Hmm exausted stored glycogen? 91g carbs by time I ran. A1c was fine last October.

Sorry the run was hard, we all have those days. :-( Great that you hung in there and finished it. It might have been the warm pants, I try to dress like it's 10 degrees warmer than the temp says. Glad you are feeling better, I love cinnamon raisin english muffins.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    1--- 6mi
    2--- REST DAY
    3--- 8mi
    4--- 7mi
    5--- 10mi
    6--- 7.25mi

Done: 38.25/200mi goal
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

exercise.png

Warning - honey advertisement. :wink:
    In Florida allergy season is usually February thru March. So many people are going crazy with allergies right now. But... several years ago I started eating local honey every day. Supposedly you can eat 1 teaspoon a day, but I have 1 Tablespoon every day. I just mix it in yogurt or on toast, whatever. Anyway, I have had not one allergy symptom or sinus headache in years. I used to get them really bad in February particularly. I have a local guy that I buy it from -- he just has a few hives in his backyard. But they also sell it at the farmer's markets. You just have to be sure it is local honey. I don't know how close "local" is... but I would guess where the vegetation is the same.
    Although I don't know if local honey is available if the weather is cold. Even here there is a brief time when my honey guy says his bees aren't producing. So I stock up when they are! Honey never expires or goes bad. :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @ddmom0811‌ we try to buy local honey, but like you said, how local can you get? Allergy season here is year round. March April and Sept October are the worst for me. I'll have to make a point to add it at least to my coffee.

@skippygirlsmom‌ ya, I know to dress lighter. I've been cold lately, and just didn't disapline myself to least lose the hoodie. I dont sweat like normal people. And your right, I gotta take the good with the bad. Least I learned something today... ;) thanks.

Quick edit. I think my dizziness is begnin proximal positional vertigo. Did the little therapy move and it seem to be letting up significantly. Seems "high intensity aerobics" can cause it... Thank goodness for google and johns Hopkins online.
  • nulife9727
    Options
    exercise.png

2 Mar - 4.13
    3 Mar - 4.11
    4 Mar - rest day
    5 Mar - 4.17
    6 Mar - 3.67
  • atayh95
    atayh95 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :smiley: I'm very new to running, so I'll be setting my goal for 50 miles. exercise.png

• lippiestickmama
    lippiestickmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• knight810
    knight810 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    March Goal 75 miles

3/1 rest
    3/2 2.34 run, then I lifted and carried 25 60#bags of cement to help DH build an observation deck...
    3/3 rest because I couldn't walk....see above^^^
    3/4 3.44
    3/5 3.96
    3/6 3.35

Total 13.09

(Ticker is my goal for 2015 and accumulation to date)

exercise.png

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Date.......Miles.......Total
    03/01.... 2.00....... 2.00 - Dog Beach run
    03/02.... 5.22....... 7.22 - Fast rain run
    03/03.... 7.88......15.10 - + Strength Training
    03/04.... 0.00......15.10
    03/05.... 4.03......19.13 - + Strength Training
    03/06.... 8.74......27.87 - Windy and so dry

exercise.png

@HonuNui‌ - meant to tell you earlier how much I like your turtle tattoo! Awesome! Also had to laugh at your rest because you couldn't walk due to lifting bags of cement comment! Just think of it as strength training :)
    @ddmom0811‌ - I get local honey for my husband who has severe allergies. Unfortunately he doesn't eat it but I do and have had minimal issues.
    @cooter_mom‌ - isn't it great losing and building up in all the right places?
    @dennie24‌ - love the picture!
    @Stoshew71‌ - the Daniels videos are excellent! Thanks so much for sharing those!
    @LoneWolfRunner‌ - I don't stop to talk to anyone either usually. I smile, wave, drag the dog away and keep on going. I do make exceptions for when I see other running friends or another runner who has a question about the trail or directions - but that is typically very short conversation...
    @jorocka - I visualize you in a sports bra, shorts and your 'warm' running beanie in the sun running in the snow... :laugh:
    @HealthyFocused715‌ - is it going to get really cold in Maine again? Thought I saw that on the news tonight!
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    07 - Mar: Virtual Finland run .... 7.55K, furthest run so far for this year ...
    Total = 26.5 miles

b711f2b2eade190.png