March 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    March 1 -Rest
    March 2 - 4 miles
    March 3 - 5.1 miles (furthest run to date)
    March 4-6th - Rest arches, I pulled them jumping rope.
    March 7 - 4 miles OUTSIDE!!! It was so warm here, I was surprised!

exercise.png
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    3/2 - 3.1 miles, treadmill (office gym)
    3/4 - 4 miles, treadmill (office gym)
    3/6 - 3.1 miles, treadmill (apartment gym)
    3/7 - 3.1 miles, treadmill (apartment gym)

exercise.png
  • nulife9727
    nulife9727 Posts: 74
    edited March 2015
    Options
    exercise.png

2 Mar - 4.13
    3 Mar - 4.11
    4 Mar - rest day
    5 Mar - 4.17
    6 Mar - 3.67
    7 Mar - 3.6 Nice weather for outdoor run at golf course
  • Nati_Jean
    Nati_Jean Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    6/35
  • madube84
    madube84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

3/1 – 3.1 miles
    3/2 –
    3/3 – 1 mile
    3/4 –
    3/5 - .5 mile
    3/6 – 2.2 miles
    3/7 – 1 mile

Goal: 30 miles
    Completed: 7.8 miles
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    @madube84 Love your new pic girl! Amazing Progress!!!
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    21 mile trail run today (5,117 total elevation gain). Seriously the hardest run I have done!

I am not at a computer and don't have my running log. I think that brings me to 43 miles done/117 remaining.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    today's run: moderately hard effort 6 miles on hills (8:39 pace). Met with a running coach in the afternoon - excited to define some goals and bring a bit more focus to my training this year!

up tomorrow: easy 9. Which will put me around 37 miles (I think).
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1194aaf192bb80c.gif

3/2 = 5.09 miles
    3/3 = 3.11 miles
    3/4 = 3.27 miles
    3/5 = Weights and x train
    3/6 = 6.25 miles
    3/7-8 = 10.89 miles

My first midnight run and my first 10-er. Started at 11ish with the plans of doing only the couple of miles I needed to hit my goal, but then I went further...and then further still. Makes me feel really good about that half in June. I think the hubby is going to eat crow for doubting me.

The only bad part is that this is likely my last run for the month. Might squeeze in another, but it's doubtful. I'll still be checking in on everyone and watching your progress. Keep the pics coming and run an extra mile for me now and then. o:)
  • Mkhoran13
    Mkhoran13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Still out of shape and still logging a day behind. Added 2.54 miles 3/7
    Expecting a 3+ mile today.

exercise.png
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    08 - Mar: 3 Mile + 2 Mile (and cycle session in between)
    - March Total: 31.5
    -
    b711f2b2eade190.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hey all runner peoples of running people world.

How do you deal with treadmill gait shifts- for those of you who have noticed this?

I find my gait changes drastically from hardball to treadmill- enough to cause me at the least strain on my shins- worst my college soccer days shin splints are catching up. All a none issue outside)

how do you guys deal with it/adjust??- I've been having to be really overly conscious about it- which is annoying and distracted to me.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

How do you deal with treadmill gait shifts- for those of you who have noticed this?

I find my gait changes drastically from hardball to treadmill- enough to cause me at the least strain on my shins- worst my college soccer days shin splints are catching up. All a none issue outside)

how do you guys deal with it/adjust??- I've been having to be really overly conscious about it- which is annoying and distracted to me.

Are you running at an incline? If I don't put it at 0.5 or 1.0 (or higher), my lower legs (shins and calves) feel strained.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    3/3...........................5.25....................5.25
    3/4...........................5.25..................10.50
    3/5...........................7.75..................18.25
    3/7.........................11.00..................29.25
    3/8...........................5.50..................34.75

exercise.png
  • JoRocka
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »

Are you running at an incline? If I don't put it at 0.5 or 1.0 (or higher), my lower legs (shins and calves) feel strained.

I do!

I actually will go up and down- I do feel more comfortable at a slightly incline- I seem to remember reading somewhere the pitch on a treadmill is actually slightly down- so I typically bump it up to 2- run a while- then drop it back down- then go back up.
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    3/2 = 6.5 miles
    3/3 = strength training
    3/4 = 6.5 miles
    3/6 = 5 miles
    3/8 = 6.5 miles

Might go out for another short jog with MIschka the dog later this afternoon. Happy Sunday, everyone!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    The treadmill beats me up, too and I can't find anything to fix it other than not use it very much. Sometimes, like @4leighbee said, playing with the incline helps, but you are already trying that. Maybe slowing the speed would help...

@cooter_mom, @Runningmiscka, @ddmom0811, @fabnine, @SBRRepeat... thank you... :) That book is swirling around in there somewhere....

@Elise4270... ;)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    The treadmill beats me up, too and I can't find anything to fix it other than not use it very much. Sometimes, like @4leighbee said, playing with the incline helps, but you are already trying that. Maybe slowing the speed would help...

@cooter_mom, @Runningmiscka, @ddmom0811, @fabnine, @SBRRepeat... thank you... :) That book is swirling around in there somewhere....

@Elise4270... ;)

LOL it's a thought-slowing down- but that means I have to be on there longer. Which is insufferable to me. grump. lol

Might just be having to get used to it again- I have spent more time on the pavement than a treadmill so my ability to run on it might just be rusty- was curious to hear what you all thought- but might not be a solution other to bring more attention to toe striking- and limiting exposure.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    I run the best on the TM when I do it barefoot...
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

exercise.png