March 2015 Running Challenge

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    I'm still working on healing the ankle, so I'm doing more walking than running, but I'll hit 75 miles this month if I have to crawl...
    exercise.png

3/1 - 2.25 miles - walking

• gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    I completely bombed March. I was out of town last weekend and the snow/ice did me in this week. (much respect to you northern runners who run in this all the time!)

I was supposed to run my first HM on April 5, but had a conflict and had to switch to a different event on April 26. So this is the month I really need to keep building my mileage and stay on task. I'm in for 80.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    I'm back to basics for 2015 ... nothing but 5Ks for me. Working on speeding it up, improving my form and strengthening my glutes/core. No high miles for me. I'm in for 70!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    March 1 - 5K - 3rd place in my age group. Not my best time, but happy with it! 29:07

I really loved this 5K. They had cute signs along the way. I can't remember them, but they were cute. I think the last one was something like "your legs aren't tired, it's your head - don't listen to it". Doesn't sound that great when I type it here, but when I was running it inspired me and I poured on the speed since I could see the finish line.

exercise.png
  • kymwhite5
    kymwhite5 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in I'll do 30 miles in March
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    March 1 - 5K - 3rd place in my age group. Not my best time, but happy with it! 29:07

I really loved this 5K. They had cute signs along the way. I can't remember them, but they were cute. I think the last one was something like "your legs aren't tired, it's your head - don't listen to it". Doesn't sound that great when I type it here, but when I was running it inspired me and I poured on the speed since I could see the finish line.

exercise.png

Congratulations! What a super way to start March! I love the signs too, last one I ran had little messages written in chalk on the side walk, " you can do it, almost there, don't give up yet, you got this..." Really helps squelsh that internal dialogue "why?, oh I should be there by now, crap, not another hill... " lol!
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    Here we go! I may even try to make a ticker this month! lol

March 1: 5 miles Tread mill

March Miles: 5
    Miles to Goal: 75
    Goal: 80
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    ddmom0811 wrote: »

exercise.png

Congratulations! What a super way to start March! I love the signs too, last one I ran had little messages written in chalk on the side walk, " you can do it, almost there, don't give up yet, you got this..." Really helps squelsh that internal dialogue "why?, oh I should be there by now, crap, not another hill... " lol!
    @ddmom0811‌ - Congratulations! 3rd in your age group is awesome!!
    @Elise4270‌ - Had to laugh! We must all have the same voice talking to us! :laugh:
  • I'm in...
    exercise.png
  • italysharon
    italysharon Posts: 195 Member
    edited March 2015

exercise.png
  • Okay, first run for March - DONE! This one was on the treadmill but when the snow melts I will be outside!

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited March 2015
    3/1 - 6.5 miles

6.5 out of 70 miles

exercise.png

@ddmom0811‌ - Fantastic job! Great way to start the month.
    @Elise4270‌ - OMG that is me too!

The signs must have been awesome!
  • docjoe
    docjoe Posts: 65 Member
    Just starting back to running after a long absence. This seems like a great way to get me going! I'm in for 30.
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm in again - didn't make 100k in February, so I'll set this as a goal for march again.

Nice to "see" so many familar faces, and welcome to all the newcommers :)

@ddmom0811 : sounds like a great 5K, congrats!
  • Hello!! Feb. Was one year anniversary of running for me. Started late in life!! First half last Oct and felt decent about it. Ready to get back outside and off the treadmill. This seems like a great motivation and I like setting goals. I'm going to go for 40 miles. God speed to all!
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Today was going to be a rest day - but I didn't want to miss posting on the first day of the challenge! :)

2.56 miles done - easy with 5 fartleks.

Very well done @ddmom0811 on your fantastic 5K result!
    Good running everyone...

exercise.png
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    I am in for 80 miles again. Not sure if I will be able to make the goal, as I am going into my last trimester, but I will give it a shot ;) Might have to walk some of the miles later in the month.

exercise.png
  • kellyframe31
    kellyframe31 Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2015
    I would love to join. Just starting out so my goal is 25. exercise.png[IMG][/img]
  • RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
    RosiePosiePuddingAndPie Posts: 14 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think this might be a bit of a tough goal for me but I want to push myself this month! :smiley:

exercise.png
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 161 Member
    Fell short of my February goal of 20 miles, so have added on another 20 miles for March and will try to make up the deficit to finish at 40 miles for the two months. Have entered a 10K in July so have a goal to aim for.

exercise.png